Jobs & Volunteer Opportunities
In Response to COVID-19
- COVID-19 Layoff Aversion Fund CareerSource South Florida (CSSF) announces the COVID-19 Layoff Aversion Fund, which is designed to provide support to small businesses and/or community based organizations (CBOs) within Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties, facing financial impacts and potential layoffs from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The fund will provide grants to small businesses and/or CBOs experiencing economic distress. The goals of the fund are to prevent potential layoffs or minimize the duration of unemployment resulting from layoffs due COVID-19.
- Guidance for Coronavirus-Related Distributions and Loans from Retirement Plans Under the CARES Act In Notice 2020-50 issued on June 19, the IRS expanded the categories of individuals eligible for plan Coronavirus Related Distributions (CRDs) and loans as part of the CARES Act. This is a material change as it includes additional qualifying events and applies to spouses and household individuals.
- Reemployment Assistance If your employment has been negatively impacted as a result of the mitigation efforts in Florida to stop the spread of COVID-19, you may be eligible to receive Reemployment Assistance . . . Deadline Date: Open
Amazing individuals working for positive people at AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)! Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being wellcompensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees? Click the links below.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Bi-Lingual English/Spanish) Job Locations US-FL-Miami Beach. Req No.: 2020-10731; Category: Healthcare; Type: Regular Full-Time
- Additional AHF Jobs*
Care Resource is a non-profit organization and a Federally Qualified Health Center with 4 locations located in Midtown Miami, Little Havana, Miami Beach, and Fort Lauderdale. Care Resource provide comprehensive health and support services to address the full health care needs of our pediatric, adolescent and adult populations.
- Employment Opportunities*
- Health Promotion & Prevention Manager (Miami-Dade & Broward)* The Health Promotion and Prevention Manager is responsible for the overall management, development, implementation, administration, budget management, staff supervision and evaluation of agency’s health promotion and prevention programs, ensuring agency productivity standards, program protocols and funder requirements are properly followed. #HP (Posted March 13, 2020)
As a non-profit organization, CRC’s mission is to enhance the lives of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. In partnership with Florida’s Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, CRC provides universal access for services, ensuring that all job seekers with disabilities receive equal employment opportunities as any other candidate. Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- GPD Case Management (CM) position is to provide services for the retention of housing by Veterans who were previously homeless. Candidates must have experience working with Homeless Veterans (Posted March 5, 2020)
The mission of Empower “U”, Inc. Community Health Center (EUCHC) is to empower, educate, and promote better health care choices for individuals and families at risk for and/or affected by health disparities. Please send resumes to Terri-Ann Bethune, Human Resource Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Research Associate (Posted January 16, 2020)
- Prevention Manager (Posted January 16, 2020)
- CLEAR Counselor (Posted January 16, 2020)
- Medical Case Manager (Posted January 16, 2020)
- FDOH Bureau of Communicable Disease – HIV/AIDS: Health Service & Facilities Consultant-SES (Tallahassee)* Directly supervises the job performance of four Community Program Coordinators in the Community Programs Unit. Responsible for coordinating the statewide Ryan White Part B program by developing and communicating policy to Ryan White Part B Lead Agencies. (Posted 06/25/20)
- Department of Health: Government Operations Consultant III (Tallahassee)* This is a highly responsible professional position that serves as the Statewide Minority HIV/AIDS Coordinator, established in Section 381.0046, Florida Statutes. This position is responsible for facilitating statewide efforts focused on HIV prevention and care initiatives and programs which reduce racial/ethnic disparities. This position is assigned to and stationed at the Department of Health in Tallahassee. (Posted 06/19/20)
- FDOH Employment and Volunteer Opportunities The Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County (FDade) seeks individuals who are willing to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Miami-Dade County through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
- Employment Opportunities*
HRSA is an agency of the U.S Department of Health and Human Services, which is the primary federal agency for improving health care to people who are geographically isolated, economically or medically vulnerable.
Jessie Trice Community Health System, Inc (JTCHS) is one of Miami-Dade County’s preeminent federally qualified community healthcare centers, governed by a remarkably dedicated Board of Directors (51% of which are users of the medical and dental services) and a diverse, incredibly talented, committed family of providers and staff.
- Outreach Worker The Outreach Worker will provide intense community outreach and HIV testing within the community targeting specific high risk populations including the LGBTQ community. Staff will engage and enroll newly diagnosed clients into the system of care. Outreach Worker will work closely with medical case managers, clinical team, and providers throughout Miami-Dade County to assist HIV+ clients who are lost to care with re-entry into the care. Outreach staff is an extension of prevention services providing high quality and integrated preventive services to increase the wellness of persons living with HIV. Services will be conducted during office hours including some weekends and nontraditional hours. Application can be accessed at www.jtchs.org.
Latinos Salud is Florida’s only gay, minority-based HIV agency. With locations in Broward and Miami-Dade counties, Latino Salud seeks to reduce the burden of communicable diseases, using a community engagement model.
- Ryan White Case Manager (posted 04/22/20)
- Human Resources / Administrative Specialist (posted 04/22/20)
- Employment Opportunities*
The Department of Psychology is to acquire, advance, and disseminate knowledge within the Psychological and Biobehavioral Sciences.
Want to promote Job & Volunteer Opportunities?
Click here for details on posting to AIDSNET and the Community Newsletter.
By clicking links marked by an asterisk (*), you acknowledge you are leaving AIDSNET.org. We are not responsible for the content on these web sites.