Jobs & Volunteer Opportunities
Listed alphabetically by organization name
- COVID-19 Layoff Aversion Fund CareerSource South Florida (CSSF) announces the COVID-19 Layoff Aversion Fund, which is designed to provide support to small businesses and/or community based organizations (CBOs) within Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties, facing financial impacts and potential layoffs from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The fund will provide grants to small businesses and/or CBOs experiencing economic distress. The goals of the fund are to prevent potential layoffs or minimize the duration of unemployment resulting from layoffs due COVID-19.
- Reemployment Assistance If your employment has been negatively impacted as a result of the mitigation efforts in Florida to stop the spread of COVID-19, you may be eligible to receive Reemployment Assistance . . . Deadline Date: Open
Amazing individuals working for positive people at AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)! Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees? Click the links below.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Bi-Lingual English/Spanish) Job Locations US-FL-Miami Beach. Req No.: 2020-10731; Category: Healthcare; Type: Regular Full-Time
- Additional AHF Jobs*
Bethel Enrichment Center
- Health Outreach Worker I To recruit Black/African American males for HIV/AIDS, Substance Abuse/Use, Mental Health and Wellness Intervention.
- Health Outreach Worker II To recruit Black/African American males for HIV/AIDS, Substance Abuse/Use, Mental Health and Wellness Intervention.
- Health Educator I Responsible for planning, implementing, evaluation programs and services which address risk behaviors interventions. (posted 11/29/20)
The mission of CAN Community Health is to inspire and contribute to the health and well-being of those affected by HIV, hepatitis C, and other sexually transmitted diseases by providing the best care through outreach, integrated clinical practice, advocacy, education, and research.
- Prevention PrEP Specialist (posted 11/19/20)
- Front Desk Receptionist (posted 11/19/20)
- Practice Administrator (posted 11/19/20)
Care Resource is a non-profit organization and a Federally Qualified Health Center with 4 locations located in Midtown Miami, Little Havana, Miami Beach, and Fort Lauderdale. Care Resource provide comprehensive health and support services to address the full health care needs of our pediatric, adolescent and adult populations.
As a non-profit organization, CRC’s mission is to enhance the lives of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. In partnership with Florida’s Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, CRC provides universal access for services, ensuring that all job seekers with disabilities receive equal employment opportunities as any other candidate. Submit resumes to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- GPD Case Management (CM) position is to provide services for the retention of housing by Veterans who were previously homeless. Candidates must have experience working with Homeless Veterans (Posted March 5, 2020)
The mission of Empower “U”, Inc. Community Health Center (EUCHC) is to empower, educate, and promote better health care choices for individuals and families at risk for and/or affected by health disparities. Please send resumes to Terri-Ann Bethune, Human Resource Officer at email@example.com.
- Behavioral Health Outreach Specialist (posted 11/19/20)
- Customer Service Representative – 3 vacancies (posted 11/19/20)
- Data Assistant (Part Time) (posted 11/19/20)
- Medical Assistant (Medical Mobile Unit) (posted 11/19/20)
- Pediatrician (Board Certified) (posted 11/19/20)
- PrEP Navigator/ Outreach Specialist (posted 11/19/20)
- EHE Rapid Start Coordinator (posted 11/19/20)
- EHE Rapid Start Outreach Specialist (posted 11/19/20)
- Community Social Worker (posted 11/19/20)
- Call for Speakers: FDOH in Miami-Dade County, Office of Community Health and Planning (OCHP) is issuing a call for speakers as part of its webinar series, “Healthy Happens Here”. OCHP is looking for leaders in the community who are interested in speaking on public health topics, in particular: nutrition, mental health, tobacco cessation, and chronic disease self-management. Speaker requirements: Speakers must share their information in an educational manner. Remember our goal is to educate the community to improve health; Speakers must present on a public health topic approved by the Office of Community Health and Planning; Speakers must be able to present pro-bono. Click here to submit your information for review*. Contact Robert.Ward@flhealth.gov for additional details. (posted 09/03/20)
- FDOH Employment and Volunteer Opportunities The Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County seeks individuals who are willing to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Miami-Dade County through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
Goodwill hires people with disabilities throughout the year. Contact Admissions@GoodwillMiami.org with name, email and phone number or candidates. Goodwill will contact the participants for a pre-qualification interview over the phone or via Zoom.
- Warehouse Workers (posted 10/23/20)
- Custodian (posted 10/23/20)
- Sewing Operators (posted 08/20/20)
- General Laundry Workers (posted 08/20/20)
The Division of State HIV/AIDS Programs (DSHAP) provides leadership, directs and manages the implementation of HIV CARE Grants (Part B) of Title XXVI of the PHS Act as amended by the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Treatment Extension Act of 2009, P.L. 111-87 (the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program) and promotes the implementation of the National HIV/AIDS Strategy among RWHAP Part B/AIDS Drug Assistance programs.
- Nurse Consultant, GS-0610-15 As a Nurse Consultant, you will serve as the expert for both DSHAP and DMHAP, and provide project officer staff advice and guidance on clinical issues regarding the care and treatment of people with HIV. The major duties and responsibilities include: Providing clinical knowledge of HIV care and treatment to shape the policy and direction for the Divisions; Providing expert advice and consultation, guidance and leadership to international, national, state, and/or local government agencies, universities, health-related organizations, private and public foundations, etc. in the development, extension, and improvement of primary health care programs, systems, strategies and/or services; Developing and coordinating health related educational or informational material so that medical advice and assistance can be shared; Evaluating the data collection, quality control, and/or utilization methods used to study a medical problem or issue, and developing methods to improve the quality of data collected. The announcement opens January 11, 2021 – January 27, 2021
Jessie Trice Community Health System, Inc (JTCHS) is one of Miami-Dade County’s preeminent federally qualified community healthcare centers, governed by a remarkably dedicated Board of Directors (51% of which are users of the medical and dental services) and a diverse, incredibly talented, committed family of providers and staff.
- Outreach Worker The Outreach Worker will provide intense community outreach and HIV testing within the community targeting specific high risk populations including the LGBTQ community. Staff will engage and enroll newly diagnosed clients into the system of care. Outreach Worker will work closely with medical case managers, clinical team, and providers throughout Miami-Dade County to assist HIV+ clients who are lost to care with re-entry into the care. Outreach staff is an extension of prevention services providing high quality and integrated preventive services to increase the wellness of persons living with HIV. Services will be conducted during office hours including some weekends and nontraditional hours. Application can be accessed at www.jtchs.org.
Latinos Salud is Florida’s only gay, minority-based HIV agency. With locations in Broward and Miami-Dade counties, Latino Salud seeks to reduce the burden of communicable diseases, using a community engagement model.
- Wellness Navigator – Miami-Dade Working primarily from the Westchester or Miami Beach locations, the full-time Wellness Navigator will: Provide HIV and STD counseling and testing to eligible clients, especially gay Latinos; Provide education about PrEP, and help navigate interested clients into patient assistance or co-pay programs; Provide supporting treatment adherence coaching for those taking PrEP, and for those taking medications for HIV; Provide on-line and venue-based outreach, some evenings and weekends each month; Input and report accurate data in a timely manner; Participate in other agency programs and events that serve the community. (Posted 01/15/21)
- Counseling and Navigation Lead The successful candidate will (i) have a bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, nursing, public health, or similar; (ii) be fully bi-lingual (Spanish and English); (iii) have experience in counseling, especially with minority and LGBT populations; (iv) have experience working with, or volunteering in programs that serve gay men, especially gay Latinos, and (v). Have experience overseeing staff and units of service Candidates must also complete the Florida 500 / 501 HIV testing certification. Must have own transportation, and be willing to work a flexible schedule. (posted 11/24/20)
Mission: To change the quality of life of people living with HIV/AIDS. To empower, strengthen and uplift All People Living with HIV/AIDS.
- Grant Writer
- Case Manager
- Peer Educator
- For all positions, send salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pridelines, Miami’s LGBT Center is a fun and rewarding place to work with a team committed to supporting, educating, and empowering South Florida’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning (LGBTQ+) youth and community to promote dialogue, wellness, and to foster social change.
- Outreach and Marketing Manager Ensures that the outreach conducted is aligned with current grants and contracts, reaches individuals most at-risk for HIV and other health disparities (as indicated in grants and contracts) and promotes the growth of the HIV and related services programs. This position’s primary responsibilities include 1) working with the team members and the Associate Director of Program Operations to confirm the direction of outreach related to required grant and contract deliverables and 2) identifying strategies to fill gaps and meet program and department needs. This position also provides prevention education, HIV testing, outreach, and supports programming for people living with HIV (PLWH). (posted 10/22/20)
- Outreach Coordinator (Full-Time) Ensures that the outreach conducted by the Health Services team is aligned with current grants and contracts, reaches individuals most at-risk for HIV and other health disparities (as indicated in grants and contracts) and promotes the growth of the HIV and related services programs. This position’s primary responsibilities include 1) working with the team members and the Director of HIV Services to confirm the direction of outreach related to required grant and contract deliverables and 2) identifying strategies to fill gaps and meet program and department needs. This position also provides prevention education, HIV testing, outreach, and supports programming for people living with HIV (PLWH). (posted 10/22/20)
- Outreach Coordinator (Part-Time) Ensures that the outreach conducted by the Health Services team is aligned with current grants and contracts, reaches individuals most at-risk for HIV and other health disparities (as indicated in grants and contracts) and promotes the growth of the HIV and related services programs. This position’s primary responsibilities include 1) working with the team members and the Director of HIV Services to confirm the direction of outreach related to required grant and contract deliverables and 2) identifying strategies to fill gaps and meet program and department needs. This position also provides prevention education, HIV testing, outreach, and supports programming for people living with HIV (PLWH). (posted 10/22/20)
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
- Patient Navigator, FT, OBGYN, UHealth Campus The Patient Navigator facilitates patients’ ability to obtain services by identifying barriers to care, coordinating the development of treatment plans, and monitoring the implementation and follow-up of services ordered by caregivers. (posted 11/29/20)
Want to promote Job & Volunteer Opportunities?
Click here for details on posting to AIDSNET and the Community Newsletter.
By clicking links marked by an asterisk (*), you acknowledge you are leaving AIDSNET.org. We are not responsible for the content on these web sites.