Jobs & Volunteer Opportunities
Listed alphabetically by organization name
- COVID-19 Layoff Aversion Fund CareerSource South Florida (CSSF) announces the COVID-19 Layoff Aversion Fund, which is designed to provide support to small businesses and/or community based organizations (CBOs) within Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties, facing financial impacts and potential layoffs from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The fund will provide grants to small businesses and/or CBOs experiencing economic distress. The goals of the fund are to prevent potential layoffs or minimize the duration of unemployment resulting from layoffs due COVID-19.
- Reemployment Assistance If your employment has been negatively impacted as a result of the mitigation efforts in Florida to stop the spread of COVID-19, you may be eligible to receive Reemployment Assistance . . . Deadline Date: Open
Amazing individuals working for positive people at AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)! Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees? Click the links below.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Bi-Lingual English/Spanish) Job Locations US-FL-Miami Beach. Req No.: 2020-10731; Category: Healthcare; Type: Regular Full-Time
- Additional AHF Jobs*
- Health Outreach Worker I To recruit Black/African American males for HIV/AIDS, Substance Abuse/Use, Mental Health and Wellness Intervention.
- Health Outreach Worker II To recruit Black/African American males for HIV/AIDS, Substance Abuse/Use, Mental Health and Wellness Intervention.
- Health Educator I Responsible for planning, implementing, evaluation programs and services which address risk behaviors interventions. (posted 11/29/20)
The mission of CAN Community Health is to inspire and contribute to the health and well-being of those affected by HIV, hepatitis C, and other sexually transmitted diseases by providing the best care through outreach, integrated clinical practice, advocacy, education, and research.
- Prevention PrEP Specialist (posted 11/19/20)
- Front Desk Receptionist (posted 11/19/20)
- Practice Administrator (posted 11/19/20)
Care Resource is a non-profit organization and a Federally Qualified Health Center with 4 locations located in Midtown Miami, Little Havana, Miami Beach, and Fort Lauderdale. Care Resource provide comprehensive health and support services to address the full health care needs of our pediatric, adolescent and adult populations.
As a non-profit organization, CRC’s mission is to enhance the lives of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. In partnership with Florida’s Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, CRC provides universal access for services, ensuring that all job seekers with disabilities receive equal employment opportunities as any other candidate. Submit resumes to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employment Specialists The Employment Specialists provide direct support to individuals with disabilities to develop career goals, prepare for their job search, secure their job, coach the individuals as they learn the tasks and responsibilities of their positions, and facilitate communication between the individual, his/her employer and counselors. (Posted 02/24/21)
- HIV Testing Counselors The HIV testing counselors provide HIV testing, outreach, and education for the HIV Testing and Linkage program. Ensure HIV positive clients maintain enrollment in medication services. Refer, schedule, and maintain appointments for HIV and STD testing. Assist in data entry and preparation of monthly reports. Provide pre and post-test health education and screening regarding HIV/STD infection, transmission, prevention, and testing: Follow universal safety precautions; Participate in staff meetings and other meetings as needed; Link HIV positive clients to local medical facilities and other community resources; Participate in on-going trainings. (Posted 02/24/21)
- Program Director The Program Director at Community Rightful Center (CRC) to include but not limited to the following Program Management Services: Fiscal Management, Grant Writing: Submitting proposals for funding or in-kind services to further the mission of CRC, Assist with the expansion of CRC’s current Case Management programs, and Managing the Department of Education, Vocational Rehabilitation, Career Counseling Program. (Posted 02/24/21)
- Peer Counselor The Peer Counselors meet with clients to foster a relationship and help the clients cope with their diagnosis. Clients are linked to medical care and medical case management. The Advocates provide the clients with information on living with HIV disease, discuss the benefits of entering and remaining in care, provide guidance on how to navigate the system of care and how to obtain needed services. (Posted 02/24/21)
The mission of Empower “U”, Inc. Community Health Center (EUCHC) is to empower, educate, and promote better health care choices for individuals and families at risk for and/or affected by health disparities. Please send resumes to Terri-Ann Bethune, Human Resource Officer at email@example.com.
- EUCHC’s Career Center
- Call for Speakers: FDOH in Miami-Dade County, Office of Community Health and Planning (OCHP) is issuing a call for speakers as part of its webinar series, “Healthy Happens Here”. OCHP is looking for leaders in the community who are interested in speaking on public health topics, in particular: nutrition, mental health, tobacco cessation, and chronic disease self-management. Speaker requirements: Speakers must share their information in an educational manner. Remember our goal is to educate the community to improve health; Speakers must present on a public health topic approved by the Office of Community Health and Planning; Speakers must be able to present pro-bono. Click here to submit your information for review*. Contact Robert.Ward@flhealth.gov for additional details. (posted 09/03/20)
- Transgender Services Coordinator (TSC) position is now open to receive applications. The new TSC will be a Senior Health Educator. This is career service position with full benefit. Applications will be accepted through 4/06/21.
- Senior Human Services Specialist – HIV/AIDS Section Two positions – This is a highly responsible professional position in the HIV Patient Care Unit within HIV/AIDS Section. This position is responsible for providing technical assistance and monitoring to agencies responsible for the delivery of HIV patient care services. Salary: $36,467.50 – $42,902.94. Closing Date: 04/03/2021
- FDOH Employment and Volunteer Opportunities The Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County seeks individuals who are willing to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Miami-Dade County through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
Goodwill hires people with disabilities throughout the year. Contact Admissions@GoodwillMiami.org with name, email and phone number or candidates. Goodwill will contact the participants for a pre-qualification interview over the phone or via Zoom.
- Warehouse Workers (posted 10/23/20)
- Custodian (posted 10/23/20)
- Sewing Operators (posted 08/20/20)
- General Laundry Workers (posted 08/20/20)
HealthHIV advances effective prevention, care, support, and health equity for people living with, or at risk for, HIV/AIDS and hepatitis C—particularly with LGBT and other underserved communities—by providing education, capacity building, health services research, and advocacy to organizations, communities and professionals.
- Job Opportunities
- Capacity Building Assistance (CBA) Manager: HIV, HCV, and Opioid Use Disorders: This position will be responsible for the coordination, delivery/facilitation and implementation of capacity building assistance and technical assistance services to health departments, community-based organizations, health centers, and other HIV, HCV, and opioid use disorder treatment service organizations and partners.
- Capacity Building Assistance (CBA) Coordinator: HIV Prevention and Care: This position will support HealthHIV’s CBA Managers to provide training and targeted CBA to state and local health departments, community-based organizations, health centers, and other health services organizations providing HIV, sexually transmitted disease and infection (STD and STI), viral hepatitis (HAV, HBV, HCV), and behavioral and mental health services. Learn more.
- Capacity Building Intern
- LGBT Health Intern
- Education & Training Intern
- Communications Intern
Jessie Trice Community Health System, Inc (JTCHS) is one of Miami-Dade County’s preeminent federally qualified community healthcare centers, governed by a remarkably dedicated Board of Directors (51% of which are users of the medical and dental services) and a diverse, incredibly talented, committed family of providers and staff.
- Outreach Worker The Outreach Worker will provide intense community outreach and HIV testing within the community targeting specific high risk populations including the LGBTQ community. Staff will engage and enroll newly diagnosed clients into the system of care. Outreach Worker will work closely with medical case managers, clinical team, and providers throughout Miami-Dade County to assist HIV+ clients who are lost to care with re-entry into the care. Outreach staff is an extension of prevention services providing high quality and integrated preventive services to increase the wellness of persons living with HIV. Services will be conducted during office hours including some weekends and nontraditional hours. Application can be accessed at www.jtchs.org.
Latinos Salud is Florida’s only gay, minority-based HIV agency. With locations in Broward and Miami-Dade counties, Latino Salud seeks to reduce the burden of communicable diseases, using a community engagement model.
- Wellness Navigator – Miami-Dade Working primarily from the Westchester or Miami Beach locations, the full-time Wellness Navigator will: Provide HIV and STD counseling and testing to eligible clients, especially gay Latinos; Provide education about PrEP, and help navigate interested clients into patient assistance or co-pay programs; Provide supporting treatment adherence coaching for those taking PrEP, and for those taking medications for HIV; Provide on-line and venue-based outreach, some evenings and weekends each month; Input and report accurate data in a timely manner; Participate in other agency programs and events that serve the community. (Posted 01/15/21)
- Counseling and Navigation Lead The successful candidate will (i) have a bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, nursing, public health, or similar; (ii) be fully bi-lingual (Spanish and English); (iii) have experience in counseling, especially with minority and LGBT populations; (iv) have experience working with, or volunteering in programs that serve gay men, especially gay Latinos, and (v). Have experience overseeing staff and units of service Candidates must also complete the Florida 500 / 501 HIV testing certification. Must have own transportation, and be willing to work a flexible schedule. (posted 11/24/20)
Mission: To change the quality of life of people living with HIV/AIDS. To empower, strengthen and uplift All People Living with HIV/AIDS.
- Grant Writer
- Case Manager
- Peer Educator
- For all positions, send salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pridelines, Miami’s LGBT Center is a fun and rewarding place to work with a team committed to supporting, educating, and empowering South Florida’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning (LGBTQ+) youth and community to promote dialogue, wellness, and to foster social change.
- Director of Development Join Our Dynamic Team Today; Impact Our Community Forever! We’re seeking an awesome and experienced individual to fill the position of Director of Development. (posted 01/28/21)
- Outreach and Marketing Manager Ensures that the outreach conducted is aligned with current grants and contracts, reaches individuals most at-risk for HIV and other health disparities (as indicated in grants and contracts) and promotes the growth of the HIV and related services programs. This position’s primary responsibilities include 1) working with the team members and the Associate Director of Program Operations to confirm the direction of outreach related to required grant and contract deliverables and 2) identifying strategies to fill gaps and meet program and department needs. This position also provides prevention education, HIV testing, outreach, and supports programming for people living with HIV (PLWH). (posted 10/22/20)
- Outreach Coordinator (Full-Time) Ensures that the outreach conducted by the Health Services team is aligned with current grants and contracts, reaches individuals most at-risk for HIV and other health disparities (as indicated in grants and contracts) and promotes the growth of the HIV and related services programs. This position’s primary responsibilities include 1) working with the team members and the Director of HIV Services to confirm the direction of outreach related to required grant and contract deliverables and 2) identifying strategies to fill gaps and meet program and department needs. This position also provides prevention education, HIV testing, outreach, and supports programming for people living with HIV (PLWH). (posted 10/22/20)
- Outreach Coordinator (Part-Time) Ensures that the outreach conducted by the Health Services team is aligned with current grants and contracts, reaches individuals most at-risk for HIV and other health disparities (as indicated in grants and contracts) and promotes the growth of the HIV and related services programs. This position’s primary responsibilities include 1) working with the team members and the Director of HIV Services to confirm the direction of outreach related to required grant and contract deliverables and 2) identifying strategies to fill gaps and meet program and department needs. This position also provides prevention education, HIV testing, outreach, and supports programming for people living with HIV (PLWH). (posted 10/22/20)
- Find more Pridelines jobs at pridelines.org/careers
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
- Public Health Analyst (several positions) HIV/AIDS Bureau/ Division of Community HIV/AIDS Programs (Rockville, MD) As a Public Health Analyst, you serve as an expert analyst in developing, monitoring, implementing and evaluating current or projected complex HIV/AIDS related public health programs.
- Senior Program Manager (Boston, MA) The Boston EMA has an open position for a Senior Program Manager in the Ryan White Part A administration program. Please note, Boston residency is required for a candidate on the date of hire.
- Management Analyst (Santa Clara, CA) The STD/HIV Prevention & Control Program of the County, Santa Clara Public Health Department) s recruiting applicants for a Management Analyst to support its Grants Administration and Finance Team. This team serves as the central unit for grants administration including federal, state, and local funds, most especially Ryan White funds. The Management Analyst will provide analytical, programmatic, and financial support to the STD/HIV Prevention & Control Program.
Want to promote Job & Volunteer Opportunities?
Click here for details on posting to AIDSNET and the Community Newsletter.
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation
- Bethel Enrichment Center
- CAN Community Health
- Care Resource
- Community Rightful Center (CRC)
- Empower U, Inc.
- Florida Department of Health
- Goodwill of South Florida Programs for People with Disabilities
- Jessie Trice Community Health System
- Latinos Salud
- Positive People Network
- University of Miami – UHealth
- Out of State
By clicking links marked by an asterisk (*), you acknowledge you are leaving AIDSNET.org. We are not responsible for the content on these web sites.