Jobs & Volunteer Opportunities
Listed alphabetically by organization name
- JP-PAS Personal Attendant Services Program* JP-PAS provides monthly stipends to adult Floridians with significant disabilities who require personal assistance services to attain and maintain competitive and integrated employment.
- Income Equality Justice Project at Legal Services of Greater Miami. Have your wages or bank account been garnished? Did your employer withhold wages out of your paycheck? Is your bank withholding some of your money? Have you lost access to your bank account? You could be eligible for FREE legal assistance!
- Reemployment Assistance If your employment has been negatively impacted as a result of the mitigation efforts in Florida to stop the spread of COVID-19, you may be eligible to receive Reemployment Assistance . . . Deadline Date: Open
- Defending Garnishments How we can preserve a client’s wages and income – Legal Services of Greater Miami presentation.
Amazing individuals working for positive people at AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)! Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees? Click the links below.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Bi-Lingual English/Spanish) Job Locations US-FL-Miami Beach. Req No.: 2020-10731; Category: Healthcare; Type: Regular Full-Time (Posted 04/02/20)
- Health Outreach Worker I To recruit Black/African American males for HIV/AIDS, Substance Abuse/Use, Mental Health and Wellness Intervention. (Posted 11/29/20)
- Health Outreach Worker II To recruit Black/African American males for HIV/AIDS, Substance Abuse/Use, Mental Health and Wellness Intervention. (Posted 11/29/20)
- Health Educator I Responsible for planning, implementing, evaluation programs and services which address risk behaviors interventions. (Posted 11/29/20)
The Black AIDS Institute is the only national HIV/AIDS think and do tank focused exclusively on Black people. The Institute’s mission is to stop the AIDS epidemic in Black communities by engaging and mobilizing Black institutions and individuals in efforts to confront HIV. The Institute interprets public and private sector HIV policies, conducts trainings, offers technical assistance, disseminates information and provides advocacy mobilization from a uniquely and unapologetically Black point of view.
- Policy & Organizing Manager This position reports directly to BAI’s Director of National Programs and works closely with the President & CEO to set the organization’s policy and advocacy strategies. The Policy & Organizing Manager plays a critical leadership role in driving BAI’s policy and mobilization leadership efforts and providing analysis and research on issues related to HIV. The position also leads and manages staff that provide support to 20+ coalitions across the country under the Black Treatment Advocates Network (BTAN).
- Research Manager The Research Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of our engagement, including developing and managing relationships with academic and community partners; representing the Center at events and to external stakeholders, implementing rigorous research designs; ensuring coordination and accountability for completing projects within specified timeframes; preparing reports and presentations; and developing other policy-relevant deliverables.
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation
- Bethel Enrichment Center
- Black AIDS Institute
- Borinquen Medical Centers
- Broward County
- CAN Community Health
- Care 4 U CHC
- Care Resource
- Community Rightful Center (CRC)
- Empower U, Inc.
- Florida Department of Health
- Goodwill of South Florida Programs for People with Disabilities
- Health Education Prevention & Promotion
- Jessie Trice Community Health System
- Latinos Salud
- New Hope CORPS
- Positive People Network
- Positive Women’s Network
- University of Miami – UHealth
- Out of State
Want to promote Job & Volunteer Opportunities?
Click here for details on posting to AIDSNET and the Community Newsletter.
By clicking links marked by an asterisk (*), you acknowledge you are leaving AIDSNET.org. We are not responsible for the content on these web sites.
Borinquen Medical Centers provide a comprehensive range of health and social services to our culturally diverse community throughout Miami-Dade County. Our quality services are accessible throughout the area through a multi-discipline approach. We provide wide-ranging services of primary medical care, essential support services, and medication for individuals with HIV. If you are looking to make a difference and place to grow, join our team!
- Visit Borinquen Medical Centers to learn more about us and our employment opportunities!*
- Medical Director of Specialty
- Immunization Nurse
- Patient Care Specialist
- Assistant Manager
- Administrative Assistant
- Managed Care Manager
- Dental Assistant
- OBGYN Physician
- The Broward County Board of County Commissioners is seeking qualified candidates for Human Services Administrator in the Community Partnership Division within the Human Services Department. Posting closes on 8/13/2021 at 5 pm. Anyone interested please click here.
The mission of CAN Community Health is to inspire and contribute to the health and well-being of those affected by HIV, hepatitis C, and other sexually transmitted diseases by providing the best care through outreach, integrated clinical practice, advocacy, education, and research.
Care 4 U Community Health Center, Inc. (C4UCHC) is a Florida, nonprofit 501(c)3 minority organization. It was founded in 2013 with a mission to fulfill the unmet health and social needs of individuals and families infected with and affected by HIV/AIDS. The ultimate vision of the organization is access to care for all people living with HIV/AIDS and the elimination of new HIV infections. Originally a medical case management agency for PLWH, in less than five years, the organization has expanded to two locations, including a Medical Clinic.
- HIV-Positive Peer Navigator Full or part-time HIV+ Peer Navigator for its Ryan White Program. Peer Navigators are HIV+ individuals who work to encourage engagement into care and support adherence to treatment by providing client centered services. Peer Navigator are integral to Care 4 U’s Ryan White medical case management and treatment adherence programs and provide specialized services in a professional environment. (Posted 04/26/21)
Care Resource is a non-profit organization and a Federally Qualified Health Center with 4 locations located in Midtown Miami, Little Havana, Miami Beach, and Fort Lauderdale. Care Resource provide comprehensive health and support services to address the full health care needs of our pediatric, adolescent and adult populations.
- Employment Opportunities* in these Categories:
- Behavioral Health Services
- Grants & Development
- Health Promotion
- Information Services
- Quality Assurance
- Social Services
As a non-profit organization, CRC’s mission is to enhance the lives of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. In partnership with Florida’s Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, CRC provides universal access for services, ensuring that all job seekers with disabilities receive equal employment opportunities as any other candidate. Submit resumes to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employment Specialists The Employment Specialists provide direct support to individuals with disabilities to develop career goals, prepare for their job search, secure their job, coach the individuals as they learn the tasks and responsibilities of their positions, and facilitate communication between the individual, his/her employer and counselors. (Posted 02/24/21)
- HIV Testing Counselors The HIV testing counselors provide HIV testing, outreach, and education for the HIV Testing and Linkage program. Ensure HIV positive clients maintain enrollment in medication services. Refer, schedule, and maintain appointments for HIV and STD testing. Assist in data entry and preparation of monthly reports. Provide pre and post-test health education and screening regarding HIV/STD infection, transmission, prevention, and testing: Follow universal safety precautions; Participate in staff meetings and other meetings as needed; Link HIV positive clients to local medical facilities and other community resources; Participate in on-going trainings. (Posted 02/24/21)
- Program Director The Program Director at Community Rightful Center (CRC) to include but not limited to the following Program Management Services: Fiscal Management, Grant Writing: Submitting proposals for funding or in-kind services to further the mission of CRC, Assist with the expansion of CRC’s current Case Management programs, and Managing the Department of Education, Vocational Rehabilitation, Career Counseling Program. (Posted 02/24/21)
- Peer Counselor The Peer Counselors meet with clients to foster a relationship and help the clients cope with their diagnosis. Clients are linked to medical care and medical case management. The Advocates provide the clients with information on living with HIV disease, discuss the benefits of entering and remaining in care, provide guidance on how to navigate the system of care and how to obtain needed services. (Posted 02/24/21)
The mission of Empower “U”, Inc. Community Health Center (EUCHC) is to empower, educate, and promote better health care choices for individuals and families at risk for and/or affected by health disparities. Please send resumes to Terri-Ann Bethune, Human Resource Officer at email@example.com.
- EUCHC’s Career Center*
- Care Coordinator
- Medical Front Office Supervisor
- Referral Coordinator
- Vaccine Hesitancy Coach
- Staff Accountant
- Medical Assistant
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- COVID 19- Customer Service Representative
- Operations Manager C-SES-Bureau of Communicable Diseases-HIV/AIDS Section* (Tallahassee) This position is a highly responsible position as the HIV/AIDS Section Administrator for the HIV/AIDS Section reporting directly to the Chief of the Bureau of Communicable Diseases. This position is responsible for all aspects of the HIV program including providing direction and functional supervision of staff responsible for HIV Prevention, Patient Care, Surveillance and Quality Improvement initiatives for the state of Florida. The position also has the responsibility of coordinating statewide efforts for program planning and culturally competent community engagement efforts. (posted 09/02/21)
- FDOH Employment and Volunteer Opportunities The Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County seeks individuals who are willing to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Miami-Dade County through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
Goodwill hires people with disabilities throughout the year. Contact Admissions@GoodwillMiami.org with name, email and phone number or candidates. Goodwill will contact the participants for a pre-qualification interview over the phone or via Zoom.
- Warehouse Workers (Posted 10/23/20)
- Custodian (Posted 10/23/20)
- Sewing Operators (Posted 08/20/20)
- General Laundry Workers (Posted 08/20/20)
HealthHIV advances effective prevention, care, support, and health equity for people living with, or at risk for, HIV/AIDS and hepatitis C—particularly with LGBT and other underserved communities—by providing education, capacity building, health services research, and advocacy to organizations, communities and professionals.
- Job Opportunities
- Capacity Building Assistance (CBA) Manager: HIV, HCV, and Opioid Use Disorders: This position will be responsible for the coordination, delivery/facilitation and implementation of capacity building assistance and technical assistance services to health departments, community-based organizations, health centers, and other HIV, HCV, and opioid use disorder treatment service organizations and partners.
- Capacity Building Assistance (CBA) Coordinator: HIV Prevention and Care: This position will support HealthHIV’s CBA Managers to provide training and targeted CBA to state and local health departments, community-based organizations, health centers, and other health services organizations providing HIV, sexually transmitted disease and infection (STD and STI), viral hepatitis (HAV, HBV, HCV), and behavioral and mental health services. Learn more.
- Capacity Building Intern
- LGBT Health Intern
- Education & Training Intern
- Communications Intern
- Community Health Worker Looking for a community health worker (certification not required) who is familiar with the Miami area in particular the African American community. The ideal candidate is one who has contacts in the community and able to recruit black/African American women to participate in HEPP’s HIV prevention program. (Posted 04/26/21)
Jessie Trice Community Health System, Inc (JTCHS) is one of Miami-Dade County’s preeminent federally qualified community healthcare centers, governed by a remarkably dedicated Board of Directors (51% of which are users of the medical and dental services) and a diverse, incredibly talented, committed family of providers and staff.
- Outreach Worker The Outreach Worker will provide intense community outreach and HIV testing within the community targeting specific high risk populations including the LGBTQ community. Staff will engage and enroll newly diagnosed clients into the system of care. Outreach Worker will work closely with medical case managers, clinical team, and providers throughout Miami-Dade County to assist HIV+ clients who are lost to care with re-entry into the care. Outreach staff is an extension of prevention services providing high quality and integrated preventive services to increase the wellness of persons living with HIV. Services will be conducted during office hours including some weekends and nontraditional hours. Application can be accessed at www.jtchs.org. (Posted 04/26/21)
Latinos Salud is Florida’s only gay, minority-based HIV agency. With locations in Broward and Miami-Dade counties, Latino Salud seeks to reduce the burden of communicable diseases, using a community engagement model.
- Ryan White Case Manager/Peer Navigator Working from the Miami Beach and Westchester locations, the full-time Case Manager/Peer Navigator will: Provide Ryan White Part A Case Management services to any eligible Miami-Dade County resident living with HIV; Develop client-centered social service plans that are coordinated with service providers; Document and input service unit data into the Provider Enterprise reporting database (including properly allocating Case Management vs. Peer units); Also perform the Peer Education and Service Navigation to those clients who could benefit from the Peer’s lived experience and coping strategies; Provide follow up, service plan reviews, re-evaluations and revisions of social service plans; Perform program outreach at partnership groups and clinics; Participate in other agency programs and committees. (Posted 06/10/21)
- Wellness Navigator – Miami-Dade Working primarily from the Westchester or Miami Beach locations, the full-time Wellness Navigator will: Provide HIV and STD counseling and testing to eligible clients, especially gay Latinos; Provide education about PrEP, and help navigate interested clients into patient assistance or co-pay programs; Provide supporting treatment adherence coaching for those taking PrEP, and for those taking medications for HIV; Provide on-line and venue-based outreach, some evenings and weekends each month; Input and report accurate data in a timely manner; Participate in other agency programs and events that serve the community. (Posted 06/01/21)
Mission: To provide education, support and advocacy for individuals living with mental health challenges and their families.
- Outreach Coordinator The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for creating, managing and leading an outreach plan to promote and expand NAMI Miami-Dade mental health programs in historically marginalized underserved communities in Miami Dade-County. Position is exempt full time 40 hours/week; Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent direct experience required.
- Operations Manager The Operations Manager is responsible for supporting the Executive Director and the NAMI Miami team in assuring the smooth running of the organization, including coordinating with the Bookkeeper, IT, program marketing, and more. Position is exempt full time 40 hours/week; Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent direct experience required.
- Click here for additional positions (coming soon) and Volunteering opportunities.
The Agency is dedicated to the re-entry into society of those individuals struggling with homelessness, poverty, alcohol, substance use and mental health disorders utilizing a faith and evidenced based approach to treatment.
Contact (786) 243-1003, Executive Director, Stephen Alvarez (Ext 208) or Maritza Carvajal (Ext 223)
- RRH – Housing Navigator
- Street Outreach
- Street Outreach Case manager
- Residential Case manager
- HIV Counselor
- Residential Cook
- Residential Maintenance
- Administration: QA/HR Assistant
- Administration: Administrative Assistant
Mission: To change the quality of life of people living with HIV/AIDS. To empower, strengthen and uplift All People Living with HIV/AIDS.
- Grant Writer
- Case Manager
- Peer Educator
- For all positions, send salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Positive Women’s Network–USA (PWN) is a national membership body of women and people of trans experience living with HIV.
Pridelines, Miami’s LGBT Center is a fun and rewarding place to work with a team committed to supporting, educating, and empowering South Florida’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning (LGBTQ+) youth and community to promote dialogue, wellness, and to foster social change.
- Director of Development Join Our Dynamic Team Today; Impact Our Community Forever! We’re seeking an awesome and experienced individual to fill the position of Director of Development. (Posted 01/28/21)
- Outreach and Marketing Manager Ensures that the outreach conducted is aligned with current grants and contracts, reaches individuals most at-risk for HIV and other health disparities (as indicated in grants and contracts) and promotes the growth of the HIV and related services programs. This position’s primary responsibilities include 1) working with the team members and the Associate Director of Program Operations to confirm the direction of outreach related to required grant and contract deliverables and 2) identifying strategies to fill gaps and meet program and department needs. This position also provides prevention education, HIV testing, outreach, and supports programming for people living with HIV (PLWH). (Posted 10/22/20)
- Outreach Coordinator (Full-Time) Ensures that the outreach conducted by the Health Services team is aligned with current grants and contracts, reaches individuals most at-risk for HIV and other health disparities (as indicated in grants and contracts) and promotes the growth of the HIV and related services programs. This position’s primary responsibilities include 1) working with the team members and the Director of HIV Services to confirm the direction of outreach related to required grant and contract deliverables and 2) identifying strategies to fill gaps and meet program and department needs. This position also provides prevention education, HIV testing, outreach, and supports programming for people living with HIV (PLWH). (Posted 10/22/20)
- Outreach Coordinator (Part-Time) Ensures that the outreach conducted by the Health Services team is aligned with current grants and contracts, reaches individuals most at-risk for HIV and other health disparities (as indicated in grants and contracts) and promotes the growth of the HIV and related services programs. This position’s primary responsibilities include 1) working with the team members and the Director of HIV Services to confirm the direction of outreach related to required grant and contract deliverables and 2) identifying strategies to fill gaps and meet program and department needs. This position also provides prevention education, HIV testing, outreach, and supports programming for people living with HIV (PLWH). (Posted 10/22/20)
Mission: We exist to provide the tools necessary to reduce the spread of HIV, Hepatitis C, and other blood-borne diseases through harm reduction in South Florida to keep people healthy.
- Outreach Coordinator – Mobile Unit Supervisor The Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Disease has an exciting opportunity for a Full-time Outreach Coordinator to work in the UHealth Campus. The Outreach Coordinator will be a patient navigator/linkage specialist – tasked with recruiting PWID to the fixed site and mobile exchange, conducting HIV and HCV testing, and providing case management to link those who need HIV or HCV care to resources in their communities, supervising the linkage activities, assisting clients with medication management, as well as, making important local contacts with law enforcement, first responders, shelters, churches, AIDS service organizations, and health care providers.
- Senior Program Manager – Ending the HIV Epidemic Initiative (Ryan White Services Division – IDB) (Boston, MA) The Boston EMA has an open position for a Senior Program Manager in the Ryan White Part A administration program. Please note, Boston residency is required for a candidate on the date of hire. (Posted 06/223/21)
- NASTAD, Senior Associate, Prevention (Washington, DC) The Senior Associate, Prevention, as part of NASTAD’s Prevention team, supports the organization’s capacity to support health departments’ (HDs) implementation of Ending the HIV Epidemic plans. The position works primarily on NASTAD’s CDC-funded “Strategic Partnerships and Planning to Support Ending the HIV Epidemic in the United States” (PS19-1906 Component A) project to provide technical assistance to HDs implementing CDC PS20-2010 Component A. (Posted 06/23/21)
- NASTAD Evaluation Consultant (Washington, DC) NASTAD seeks an evaluation consultant to work with NASTAD as it provides technical assistance to health departments identified as “Phase 1 Ending the HIV Epidemic (EHE) jurisdictions.” The evaluation consultant will work with NASTAD staff to create evaluation tools and conduct process and outcome evaluations for the following projects: TelePrEP E-Learning Course; HIV Status Neutral Housing Learning Collaborative; EHE Implementation Technical Assistance Meeting. (Posted 07/08/21)