Jobs & Volunteer Opportunities
Posted December 5, 2019
- Project Coordinator for HIV/AIDS Program at The Freedom Fund (Broward and Miami-Dade counties, primarily) Job Type: Part-time. The Freedom Fund is a social justice organization that works to build a critical mass against the mass jailing of LGBTQ individuals. We do so through direct services, awareness and policy advocacy work. This position is for a Project Coordinator for an HIV prevention and linkage program focused on young men of color who have sex with men.
Posted November 8, 2019
- Health Promotion and Testing Counselors at Care Resource (2 positions available) This position is located at our Midtown Miami-Dade Location. We offer highly competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance(s); Life and Short/Long Term Disability insurance(s); 401K Retirement/Contribution/Matching; Flexible & Dependent Accounts; Additionally Paid Vacation, Sick time & Personal Float Holiday(s).
Posted November 7, 2019
- A&S-PSY-Research Associate 1 (Pucinelli) The Department of Psychology, within the College of Arts & Sciences, is seeking a full-time Research Associate 1 to work in the Health Promotion and Care (HPAC) lab under the supervision of Dr. Marc Puccinelli and Dr. Steven Safren. . .
- A&S-PSY-Registered Nurse, Research (Safren) The Department of Psychology, within the College of Arts & Sciences, is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse, Research to work in the Health Promotion and Care (HPAC) lab under the supervision of Dr. Steven Safren.
- Human Services Program Analyst – State of Florida Department of Health This is a Disease Intervention Specialist providing Linkage to Care services. This position requires firsthand knowledge of public health systems, as well as professional and interpersonal skills to interact with health care clients, health care professionals and others who impact STD Prevention and Control, public health awareness and other CHD activities. . .
- Care Resource Community Health Centers, Inc: Quality Assurance & Improvement Manager; 340b Pharmacy Services Coordinator and more! Click the link to see these and other Care Resource job opportunities.
- IDEA Exchange: Medicine – Research Associate 1 (position R100035301) The Department of Medicine/Infectious Diseases Division of the University of Miami has an immediate opening for a Research Associate 1. Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator, Dr. Hansel Tookes and Program Manager the incumbent will be responsible for conducting all aspects of clinical research trials, including regulatory related issues. . . . Click the link above for complete details.
- See September 13, 2019, below, for additional IDEA Exchange posting.
- Latinos Salud: Latinos Salud is passionately committed to reducing the burden of communicable diseases in South Florida, and improving health outcomes for gay Latinos, all persons living with HIV, and anyone who identifies as transgender. Click here for the Latinos Salud website. Click here for details on these job opportunities:
- Test Counselor and Recruitment Specialist (Miami East)
- Youth Intervention Specialist (Miami SW)
- IDEA Exchange:Outreach Coordinator/Linkage to Care (position R100035032). This position is on the Community Engagement Team. The Outreach Coordinator will be a Patient Navigator, tasked with recruiting PWID to the mobile exchange, supervising testing and providing case management to refer those who need HIV or HCV care to resources in their communities. As the IDEA Exchange grows via the mobile unit, this position will be responsible for both supervising the research activities of the mobile unit as well as making important local contacts with law enforcement, first responders, shelters, churches, AIDS service organizations, and health care providers. . . Click the link above for complete details.
- Community Rightful Center has the following positions open:
- Thriving Mind South Florida, a non-profit Managing Entity, contracting as South Florida Behavioral Health Network, Inc (SFBHN) currently has two vacancies available, please share with providers and other interested candidates. Click here for education and experience requirements:
- Receptionist The individual is required to have excellent oral and written communications skills, professional demeanor, customer service orientation, ability to organize and plan, attention to detail and reliability. . . Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information Technology Data Lead This individual will serve as a Backup System Administrator and serve as the secondary IT contact person and training contact. She/he may represent and act on behalf of the Vice President of IT and Data Analytics in community meetings and special projects, help in the design, implementation and maintenance of information and client database systems, ensure data integrity and performs data scrubbing activities to reduce or eliminate data errors. . . Please send your resume to: email@example.com
- SAVE Inc. and Foundation – Executive Director Safeguarding American Values for Everyone’s (SAVE) mission is to promote, protect, defend equality in Miami-Dade County for people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and Queer (LGBTQ). Established in 1993, SAVE strives to accomplish this mission through community education, grassroots organizing, mobilization and advocacy. . . We are looking for a dynamic leader with extensive, in-depth knowledge of LGBTQ issues, experience in fundraising, understanding of the South Florida media landscape (English/Spanish; Creole is a plus), and digital communications strategies. . .
- CRC is currently has a position open for HIV Testing Counselor and Employment Specialist. Call 954-815-1192 for job descriptions.
- (Denver) HIV Resources Section Program Manager HIV Resources Section Program Manager to manage Ryan White Part A Program and the Denver Office of HIV Resources. This position is responsible for managing staff and all activities related to the administration of the Federal funding that the city receives from HRSA to provide services for people living with HIV in the Denver Transitional Grant Area (TGA), which consists of six counties. More information and application instructions available here.
- OPS Research Assistant The Southern HIV and Alcohol Research Consortium (SHARC Center for Translational Research) is seeking a part- or full-time OPS Research Assistant to work on multiple NIH funded grants including topics on changes in brain function and health in persons who stop drinking alcohol for 30 days and the potential health benefits of marijuana in people living with HIV.
- Field Interviewer for Women’s Centered Care Survey Clinical field interviewers are needed for the Women’s Centered Care survey. We are seeking candidates who are able to speak and read both English and Spanish. The project will run for approximately three months from August 2019 to October 2019. Key Responsibilities and Qualifications: Must be able to work during regular business hours. Scheduled work hours will vary according to interviewer availability and specific language needs at each agency; must be bilingual in English/Spanish; Strong speaking, reading, and writing skills in both languages preferred but not required; Have reliable transportation and a willingness to drive to Program agencies throughout Miami-Dade County; Bachelors and/or Master degree preferred; Experience in Public Health (Epidemiology, Biostatistics, etc.), Social Work, Nursing, or Psychology preferred. For more information, please contact Petra Brock, Director of Research, at (305)-448-6539 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted June 27, 2019
- Center for HIV and Research in Mental Health (CHARM) Community Advisory Board The University of Miami CHARM would like to announce an opportunity for members of the Miami community to join the community advisory board (CAB) for this new center. CHARM will support and strengthen HIV prevention and treatment research in South Florida and support research to reduce mental health struggles (e.g., depression, trauma) and other issues (e.g., substance use) that affect HIV prevention and treatment among impacted communities. Members will receive a monthly stipend of $75 for participating in monthly meetings and CAB activities/events.
Posted June 26, 2019
- FIU Urban Potential Laboratories Want to PREPARE FOR a full-time job in the healthcare industry at no cost to you? Requirements: 18+ years old; Household income under $52,300; High School/GED; Less than a Bachelor’s Degree; Commit to 14 weeks. Click here for details.
Posted June 12, 2019
- HealthHIV – Due by June 20 With the awarding of several major new grants, HealthHIV is expanding its staff and looking for outstanding candidates for the following positions: Capacity Building Assistance Manager (HIV, HCV, and Opioid Use Disorders); Capacity Building Assistance Coordinator (HIV and OUD Prevention and Treatment); Capacity Building Assistance Coordinator (Aging with HIV and LGBT Health); Health Writer/Editor (E-learning)
Posted June 7, 2019
- Peer Navigators to focus on reaching target populations (MSM-LGBT community) in high risk situations for community relations and internet outreach and linkage.
- Surveyors Project P.E.A.C.E. (People Engaged and Advocating for Community Empowerment)
Justice and Security Strategies, Inc. (JSS) through Project P.E.A.C.E. is seeking individuals who live in or near unincorporated Miami-Dade County South of SW 200th Street to work as surveyors for the project.
Want to promote your Job Opportunities?
Click here for details on posting to AIDSNET and the Community Newsletter.