Getting 2 Zero
The 3rd phase of “Getting 2 Zero” HIV/AIDS Awareness Campaign will launch on Tuesday, Feb.11th, focusing on HIV testing. The Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County in partnership with the Office of Community Advocacy launched successful campaigns these past couple of years. After the campaign, increases in condom distribution and HIV/STI testing were reported. Please assist FDOH in promoting the campaign by posting on social media outlets, newsletter, and/or on digital screens throughout your facility. Feel free to tag @Getting2ZeroMia or #Getting2ZeroMiami. Click below for additional resources.
- February 22: Red Ribbon Gala (Sarasota)* CAN Community Health’s Red Ribbon Gala will support their mission to provide a continuum of medical, social and education services essential to the health and wellbeing of those living with HIV, hepatitis C, STDs, and other diseases and to enhance public awareness.
- February 22: LGBTQ Legal Help Are you in need of assistance with your immigration process? Do you need support completing gender confirmation documentation? Patricia Hernandez, Esq. presents on LGBTQ Legal Clinic at Pridelines.
- February 23: New Bethel AME Church of Hialeah First Annual Community Outreach Health & Resource Fair New Bethel AME Church-Hialeah, 225 W 5th Way Hialeah, FL 33010. Mobile units will be on-site to provide the following services: HIV screenings,
HIV Resource Information, Felon Voting Restoration, Cancer Screenings, Mammography Screenings, Blood Pressure Monitoring. For all vendor inquiries or sponsorship questions please contact Yolanda Evans (305) 331-6520.
- February 26: Condoms and Poster Fest Exhibition Free condoms and HIV/STD education. Refreshment, raffle and more!
- 14 de Marzo: HALO Mini Retreat Les invitamos a un dia auto cuidado, restauracion y aprendizaje para PLWH. HALO at Pridelines.
March 19: Invitation to participate in the Southwest Miami Senior High School Nurses 13th Annual Health and Wellness Resource Fair sponsored by Nicklaus Children’s Health System and The Children’s Trust Approximately 2,600 students and staff will rotate through the booths to obtain information regarding your agency and receive educational information for healthier lifestyles. Interactive education will be provided in small groups or 1 on 1 session. This is an excellent opportunity to impact the youth and families of our community.
- May 3: AIDS Walk Miami – Let’s End This Together* Join us on Sunday, May 3, 2020, for the 32nd annual AIDS Walk Miami 5K walk-a-thon fundraiser benefiting Care Resource and its Food For Life Network food pantry, who serve thousands of individuals living in South Florida living with or affected by HIV/AIDS. With South Florida leading the nation in new HIV cases, the fight is close to our hearts and it is close to our home.
- May 11-20: SYNChronicity Conference (Washington, DC)* The National Conference for HIV, HCV, STI, and LGBTQ Health.
- June 7-10: Adherence 2020* (Orlando) Sponsored by the International Association of Providers of AIDS Care (IAPAC), Adherence 2020 will be the 15th conference in an annual series of conferences featuring the presentation and discussion of antiretroviral therapy (ART) and biomedical prevention adherence within the context of optimizing care and prevention continua to achieve HIV epidemic control.
- August 9-14, 2020: 2020 National Ryan White Conference on HIV Care & Treatment* The 2020 National Ryan White Conference on HIV Care & Treatment is the largest national conference for comprehensive HIV care and treatment providers, Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program recipients, and stakeholders, sponsored and funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration’s (HRSA) HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB).
- August 11-14: 2020 National Ryan White Conference on HIV Care & Treatment
- August 9-11: The 2020 CLINICAL CONFERENCE, just prior to the National Ryan White Conference on HIV Care & Treatment
- September 23-26: 38th GLMA Annual Conference on LGBTQ Health* (Ft. Lauderdale) The GLMA Annual Conference on LGBTQ Health – the premier scientific conference on LGBTQ health – features innovative healthcare breakthroughs and interventions, as well as the latest research from LGBTQ health experts from across the country. The conference is open to healthcare providers of all disciplines, researchers, academics, health administrators, policy experts, advocates, and all LGBTQ health supporters.
- October 10-13: The United States Conference on AIDS (USCA)* (San Juan, Puerto Rico) USCA is coming to the Puerto Rico Convention Center. This year we will focus on the plan to end the HIV epidemic in America. It will be an opportunity for health departments, community-based organizations, People Living with HIV, People on PrEP, national organizations, health centers, health care providers, donors, activists, and federal leaders to come together to discuss implementation. We hope you will join us and thousands of your colleagues to celebrate the resiliency and diversity of our movement.
Want to promote your Community Events?
Click here for details on posting to AIDSNET and the Community Newsletter.
This page includes links to Ryan White Program and non-Ryan White Program funded services. Please contact your Medical Case Manager with questions about Ryan White Program eligibility.
By clicking links marked by an asterisk (*), you acknowledge you are leaving AIDSNET.org. We are not responsible for the content on these web sites.