Featured: Partnership Events!
- 2022 Annual Needs Assessment: June 1, July 7, August 4, September 1 Join the Care and Treatment Committee for the 2022 Annual Needs Assessment scheduled for four days from June through September. The Needs Assessment is an annual activity of the planning council and a HRSA requirement. Help us make decisions on service priorities and funding for the next Ryan White Program fiscal year to assist People Living With HIV in
- People with HIV are encouraged to attend.
- Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Coalition Roundtable Dinner Presentation Series Please join us for Roundtables hosted by local service providers and featuring special presentations and dinners generously provided by Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Special Presentation: Cultural Humility – Session 1 on Monday, August 29, 2022, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM, Hosted at Pridelines, 6360 NE 4th Court, Miami 33138
- Special Presentation: Cultural Humility – Session 2 on Monday, September 26, 2022, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM, Hosted at Borinquen Medical Centers, 3601 Federal Highway, Miami 33137
- PLEASE RSVP: click here, call (305) 445-1076, or email email@example.com
- Miami-Dade County Ryan White Program Monthly Research Symposium Provided by Florida International University and Behavioral Science Research. Join us each month via Zoom to explore findings from FIU/BSR research studies drawn from Ryan White Program client interviews and client data analyses.
- Lessons learned about access to HIV care at the height of the COVID-19 Pandemic ⇐ Click for the complete June 22 presentation.
- Challenges Experienced by Ryan White Program Clients During COVID ⇐ Click for the complete July 20 presentation.
- Effective Women Centered Care Practices from Ryan White Program Client and Provider Perspectives on Wednesday, August 31, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Barriers to Adherence and Retention in HIV Care Among Women on Wednesday, September 21, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Select 2022 Dates: Demps Park (Formerly Goulds):September 8; October 13; November 10; December 8
- Free Meals for Kids* Summer BreakSpot offers balanced breakfasts, lunches, snacks or dinners at no cost for kids 18 and under. Meals will be served on site, at no cost, at places like parks, libraries, schools and churches. Find a location near you by texting the word “Food” or “Comida” to 304-304.
- August 8-12: National Health Week
- August 8: Back 2 School Giveaway/Health Fair 10 am – 2 pm Empower U
- August 9: Community Farmshare Distribution 10 am – 2 pm Tacolcy Park
- August 10: Hygiene Kit Distribution 10 am – 12 pm Mother Teresa
- August 11: Patient Appreciation Day 8 am – 12 pm Empower U
- August 12: Employee Appreciation Day 12 pm – 2pm Empower U
- August 13: Pride Fete – An LGBTQ+ Caribbean Festival (Ft. Lauderdale)
- August 20: AQUA Foundation and Reflect Collective presents Break the Stigma: HIV/AIDS Conference for Women and Femme Folks on Saturday, August 20 from 10AM to 2PM at Pridelines: 6360 Northeast 4th Court Miami, FL 33138.
- August 22 and September 26: AHF presents Wellness Mondays – every 4th Monday at Hotel Gaythering, 1409 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach, FL 33139 from 6PM to 10PM.
- August 23-26: The 2022 National Ryan White Conference on HIV Care & Treatment* is Going Virtual. August 23-26, 2022: 2022 National Ryan White Conference on HIV Care & Treatment The Time Is Now: Harnessing the Power of Innovation, Health Equity, and Community to End the HIV Epidemic. The Health Resources and Services Administration’s (HRSA) HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB) is excited to share the 2022 National Ryan White Conference on HIV Care & Treatment (NRWC) will be virtual! Due to the constantly evolving COVID-19 pandemic, HRSA HAB decided to transition from a hybrid model format to an all virtual format, and will host the 2022 NRWC virtually. The conference dates will remain August 23-26, 2022, but session times will be adjusted to accommodate different time zones.
- August 31-September 2: SE AETC Regional Conference* For two and a half days, we’ll offer the chance to increase your knowledge in the areas of HIV care and service implementation, connect virtually with other care professionals around the region, while earning up to 13 CE credits for your participation. This event is free and open to all healthcare professionals.
- September 26: AHF presents Wellness Mondays – every 4th Monday at Hotel Gaythering, 1409 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach, FL 33139 from 6PM to 10PM.
- October 26-28: 2022 Southern Conference on Homelessness and Housing (SCHH)* (Sandestin, Florida) For housing developers, homeless program managers, case managers, homeless advocates, state and local government representatives, providers of public and mental health services, and people with lived experience to come together to address the ongoing issues of poverty and the lack of safe, decent, and affordable housing in our region.
October – December 2022
- Coping With Grief During The Holidays (Bereavement) Flashlight of Hope, Inc. Learning Objectives: Coping Mechanisms to Help You to Get through the Holiday Weekend; Healing through the Arts (Art Therapy, Music Therapy, Poetry, Prose, Et Cetera); Psychological and Spiritual Aspects of Grief; Elisabeth Kübler-Ross, M.D. and the Various Stages of Grief; And Much, Much More!!!
- October 20, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM, Arcola Lakes Public Library, 8240 NW 7th Avenue, Miami, FL 33150
- November 17, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM, Arcola Lakes Public Library, 8240 NW 7th Avenue, Miami, FL 33150
- December 13, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM, South Dade Regional Library (2nd Floor, In the Auditorium), 10750 SW 211th Street, Cutler Bay, Florida 33189
- International Association of Providers of AIDS Care (IAPAC) Adherence 2020* Pre-Conference recorded sessions available now. Including: What to Know about COVID-19, HIV, and Antiretrovirals; Managing Mental Health Conditions in a COVID-19 Context; Implementing HIV Telemedicine in a COVID-19 Environment; HIV, COVID-19, Inequities, and Community Resilience
- Legal Services of Greater Miami COVID-19 Small Business Legal Clinic* These advice and counsel clinics are an opportunity for Florida’s small businesses and non-profits who have suffered adversely from the impact of the COVID-19 crisis to receive free legal advice during a 45-minute remote consultation with a volunteer attorney.
Also see our
WEBINARS & TRAINING page for more exciting and enriching opportunities!
Want to promote your Community Events?
Click here for details on posting to AIDSNET and the Community Newsletter.
This page includes links to Ryan White Program and non-Ryan White Program funded services. Please contact your Medical Case Manager with questions about Ryan White Program eligibility.
By clicking links marked by an asterisk (*), you acknowledge you are leaving AIDSNET.org. We are not responsible for the content on these web sites.