HIV.gov Services Locator
Ryan White Program & Non-Ryan White Program Services
- October 2: Considerations for Transgender Healthcare: Community and Provider Perspectives
- October 4: Health Consequences of Weight-Based Victimization among Sexual and Gender Minority Youth
- October 10: Building Capacity to be More Client-Centered and Trauma-Informed
- October 22: Why Do E-cigs Matter in LGBTQ+ Communities?
- October 2019: Trans Awareness Month – Call for submissions to the event calendar. If you have and event scheduled or are planning an event, please contact Joey Waknin at email@example.com.
- October is National Gay and Lesbian History Month: Join Flashlight of Hope October 11-12 for education on Housing Discrimination (Rob Collins, Esq. of HOPE, Inc.); Gay Youth; Mental Health and Resilience (Sannisha K. Dale, Ph.D., Ed.M.) Click here to learn more about Flashlight of Hope.
- October 8 and October 29: World AIDS Day Planning with the Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County will be having a series of meetings for World AIDS Day to discuss activities being planned throughout Miami-Dade County, opportunities for collaboration, and we will be working towards creating a Calendar of Events. Click here for meeting details. Click here to register an event.
- October 9: City of Miami Police 4th Annual Domestic Violence Awareness Walk on Wednesday, October 9, 2019 11:30AM at Central Station. For more information contact: Francesco Duberli at Fduberli@survivorspathway.org.
- October 11: Fiesta de la Salud Iniciativa Hispana’s 5th Annual Fiesta de la Salud in commemoration of National Latinx Awareness Day. This year NLAAD will be a two part event – kick off celebration and a community health fair. Our kickoff event will take place in the historic Cubaocho Museum & Performing Arts Center on Friday, October 11, 2019 from 6pm-9:30pm. Our Fiesta de la Salud will take place on Saturday, October 19, 2019- location/time TBA.
- October 11: Outshine movie, Cubby, at Savor Cinema. Outshinefilm.com
- October 12: Empower U presents the 2nd Annual Ride for Life Motorcycle ride to fight HIV/AIDS on Saturday October 12 from 10AM to 2PM at Northside Shopping Center: 7900 NW 27 Avenue, Miami, FL 33147 (West Parking lot). For more information contact Fierce at 954-383-6162.
- October 12: 2019 Annual Farmworker Health Fair on Saturday, October 12 from 10AM to 2PM at 151 NW 11th Street Homestead, FL 33030.
- October 16: Miami Collaborative MSM Workgroup
- October 17: Black Treatment Advocates Network (BTAN) Miami-Dade Chapter October meeting. Last meeting for the year on Thursday, October 17 from 11AM to 1PM at 5120 NW 24th Avenue, Miami, FL 33142. Contact: Praveena Saxena, Praveena.firstname.lastname@example.org or Kalenthia Nunnally 786-202-6598.
- 19 Octubre: Reserva La Fecha: Rompiendo Barreras – Comemorando el Dia Nacional de Concientizacion para la SIDA. Latinx y Mes Nacional de la Herencia Hispana; Talleres; Comida; Actividades; Comunidad; Todo en espanol!
- October 19: National Latinx AIDS Awareness Day Health Fair presented by Iniciativa Hispana, Hispanic Federation, City of Miami, and Consulates in Miami on Saturday, October 19, 2019 from 10AM-2PM at Little Havana Domino Park Plaza. For more information, For more information, email: email@example.com.
- October 19: Domestic Violence Awareness walk Miami Gardens Police in partnership with DVSAC hosting a DV Walk on Saturday, October 19, 2019 from 9AM-12PM at 18611 NW 27 Ave Miami Gardens, FL 33056. DVSAC requesting for agencies to partner. For more information contact Francesco Duberli at Fduberli@survivorspathway.org.
- October 25: 16th Perinatal HIV Symposium (Coral Springs, FL) FREE! Focus on Opioid use. Who should attend? Maternal Child Health Staff, Doctors, Nurses, PharmD, Social Workers and Front End Staff.
- October 25-26: Ujima Men’s Collective Conference (Tampa) We are seeking people to honor for their work and dedication to the lives of Black same gender loving men. If you have not registered to attend today would be a great time to register. Please contact us to nominate someone deserving. For more information contact us at 813-391-6710 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October 26: Health & Wellness Harvest Resource Festival-Sponsorship Opportunity Providence Healthcare Services invites you to partner in sponsoring the Third Annual Health & Wellness Harvest Resource Festival hosted by Miami-Dade Parks and The Leisure Access Foundation. This FREE community event offers valuable resources to families and caregivers of individuals with disabilities. We are looking for community partners who understand the importance of giving back and helping families who need “extra” love, care and compassion. Your support will help to provide services and funding to make this Health & Wellness Harvest Resource Festival a huge success! Onsite healthcare professionals will provide vision and health screening and dental services.
- October 27-30: International Summit on Suicide Research The Summit is sponsored by the International Academy of Suicide Research in partnership with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. The 2017 Summit included over 400 researchers and clinicians from 30 countries across the globe.
- December 6-7: Better Mental Health Through Mindfulness-Based Program and Workshops Miami Mindfulness is hosting a series of cutting edge talks titled “Improved Mental Health through Mindfulness-Based Programs” illustrating the life cycle of mental health and illness with three national experts, researchers, leaders in mental health, behavior, brain mechanisms, addictions; comprehensive systems, community-based treatment, legal system; education system, teachers and students in December.
- Reception & Talks, Friday, December 6, 5-8 p.m.,The Biltmore Hotel, 1200 Anastasia Ave., Coral Gables, FL 33134. The event is free but you must register.
- Introductory All-Day Mindfulness-Based Workshop, Saturday, December 7, 2019, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. UHealth Fitness and Wellness, 1120 NW 14 Street, 12th floor, Miami 33136. Tickets cost $30.
- December 7: World AIDS Day Community Block Party – University of Miami CHAMP Program will be having a Community Block Party recognizing World AIDS Day on Saturday, December 7 from 11AM to 4PM at Liberty Square Community Center: 6304 NW 14th Avenue. Seeking community partners for collaboration. Contact:Kiera Wallace at 305-243-0953 or email@example.com.
- December 10: 9th International Workshop on HIV Persistence, Reservoirs and Eradication Strategies Conference This is the only scientific event tackling the topics of HIV Persistence, HIV Reservoirs and HIV Cure that attracts, every 2 years, VIPs and young investigators. Its quality increases at each edition, with more and more fresh data not yet shown elsewhere nor published.
- December 18: Miami Collaborative MSM Workgroup
- May 11-20, 2020 SYNChronicity Conference (Washington, DC) The National Conference for HIV, HCV, STI, and LGBTQ Health.
Want to promote your Community Events?
Click here for details on posting to AIDSNET and the Community Newsletter.