WORLD AIDS DAY – December 1, 2019
- World AIDS Day County-wide Events Calendar
- December 1: Empower U Presents Celebrate Life – Candlelight Vigil Join us as we ignite 1,000 candles in memory of loved ones lost to HIV/AIDS for World AIDS Day.
- December 7: World AIDS Day Community Block Party – University of Miami CHAMP Program will be having a Community Block Party recognizing World AIDS Day on Saturday, December 7 from 11AM to 4PM at Liberty Square Community Center: 6304 NW 14th Avenue. Seeking community partners for collaboration. Contact:Kiera Wallace at 305-243-0953 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- December 7: AHF World AIDS Day Commemoration Event and free Concert AIDS Healthcare Foundation commemorates World AIDS Day every year to remind the global community that the fight to end HIV is far from over. Please join us at our commemoration event and concert to recognize this critical day of remembrance. December 7, 2019, 8:00 PM – 11:00 PM at the Adrienne Arsht Center, 1300 Biscayne Boulevard, Knight Concert Hall, Miami, FL 33132.
- December 8: Prideline’s Art for All World AIDS Day event from 12PM-6PM at Pridelines.
Want to promote your Community Events?
Click here for details on posting to AIDSNET and the Community Newsletter.
- December 5: CFAR – HIV and Aging Symposium The Symposium has added an online attendance option:
- December 6: A Holiday to Remember Celebration with Caring Hearts. Food, drinks, raffles and live entertainment. Contact Zena at 786-277-7903 for more information.
- December 6-7: Better Mental Health Through Mindfulness-Based Program and Workshops Miami Mindfulness is hosting a series of cutting edge talks titled “Improved Mental Health through Mindfulness-Based Programs” illustrating the life cycle of mental health and illness with three national experts, researchers, leaders in mental health, behavior, brain mechanisms, addictions; comprehensive systems, community-based treatment, legal system; education system, teachers and students in December.
- Reception & Talks, Friday, December 6, 5-8 p.m.,The Biltmore Hotel, 1200 Anastasia Ave., Coral Gables, FL 33134. The event is free but you must register.
- Introductory All-Day Mindfulness-Based Workshop, Saturday, December 7, 2019, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. UHealth Fitness and Wellness, 1120 NW 14 Street, 12th floor, Miami 33136. Tickets cost $30.
- December 10: Ending the HIV Epidemic Town Hall – Come to the FDOH/HCSF Ending the HIV Epidemic Town Hall meetings and Let Your Voice Be Heard! How can the community work together to prevent the transmission of HIV? What can we do to better assist those who are living with HIV? How can we end the HIV epidemic? (December 10, 10AM-12PM Jessie Trice Community Health System, 5607 NW 27th Avenue, Miami, FL 33142)
- December 10: 9th International Workshop on HIV Persistence, Reservoirs and Eradication Strategies Conference This is the only scientific event tackling the topics of HIV Persistence, HIV Reservoirs and HIV Cure that attracts, every 2 years, VIPs and young investigators. Its quality increases at each edition, with more and more fresh data not yet shown elsewhere nor published.
- December 10: Spork Free Movie at the Gaythering in Miami Beach; brought to you by Health Promotion and Care (HPAC) and Outshinefilm.com
- December 13: Ending the HIV Epidemic Seminar (Ft. Lauderdale) EtHE event by the South FL Southeast AIDS Education and Training Center & The Memorial Division of Infectious Disease, Memorial Physician Group. Seating is limited! Register today!
- December 14: HALO Annual Holiday Diner Dance Join us for an evening of fun, dancing, delicious food, and desserts! (Alcohol free event) RSVP required to email@example.com or 305-571-9601-x 105
- December 18: Miami Collaborative MSM Workgroup
- January 14-15, 2020: CDC’s Promise HIP 2 Day Training At Health District Center. RSVP by Friday, December 13. Community PROMISE is an effective, community-level HIV/STD prevention intervention that relies on role model stories and peer advocates from social networks (e.g. peers from clinic or community) to reduce HIV risk behaviors and increase engagement related to the HIV continuum of care. . .
- May 11-20, 2020 SYNChronicity Conference (Washington, DC) The National Conference for HIV, HCV, STI, and LGBTQ Health.