Enter your Zip Code in the HIV.gov Services Locator for HIV Testing Sites & Services Near You
Includes Ryan White & Non-Ryan White Services
- October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month If you need help, please call the Domestic Violence Hotline at 800-799-7233 or 800-787-3224 (TTY). Follow @HIVPartnership on Facebook - We'll be posting resources for PLWH throughout the month. #DomesticViolenceAwarenessMonth
- CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report: “Factors Contributing to Congenital Syphilis Cases — NYC, 2010–2016”
- Miami Beach Community Health Center Joins the National Fight Against the Opioid Crisis MIAMI, Fla., October 4, 2018 – Miami Beach Community Health Center (MBCHC) has been awarded $288,750 from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) to advance evidence-based strategies for expanding access to quality integrated substance use disorder prevention and treatment services; and expanding access to quality integrated mental health services. “Our community has not escaped the opioid epidemic, and access to quality, affordable mental health services has long been a challenge,” said Trudy Pacheco, Director of Grant and Project Development.
- New 2017 STD Surveillance Report Reveals Need for Improved Testing & Treatment for Pregnant Women Cases of congenital syphilis more than doubled in the U.S. since 2013, outpacing overall increases in STDs nationwide. Congenital syphilis occurs when syphilis is passed from mother to baby during pregnancy or delivery and can result in miscarriage, newborn death, and severe lifelong health problems. In 2017 there were 918 reported cases of congenital syphilis, up from 362 in 2013. Once diagnosed, syphilis during pregnancy is easily cured with the right antibiotics. All pregnant women should be tested for syphilis early in the first trimester.
- The TARGET Center is now TargetHIV! The Health Resources and Services Administration’s (HRSA) HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB) is pleased to announce the launch of the newly rebranded and redesigned TargetHIV website, formerly known as the Technical Assistance, Guidance, Education, and Training (TARGET) Center. Thanks to your feedback, the TargetHIV website now features a modernized design and user interface, streamlined navigation, and updated technology to make it easier to find important technical assistance (TA) content. Some highlights: The website’s name is now “TargetHIV”; The primary URL is now https://targethiv.org, The design is completely updated; The website is mobile-friendly and fully responsive; TA projects have more prominence; The Resource Library is lean and up-to-date . . .
- It’s Hurricane Season - Be Prepared Two keys to weather safety are to prepare for the risks and to act on those preparations when alerted by emergency officials.” Here are tips from the National Hurricane Center. Be sure to follow us on Facebook for more weather updates that impact Miami-Dade County!
Want to make an announcement?
Click here for details on posting to AIDSNET and the Community Newsletter.