Enter your Zip Code in the HIV.gov Services Locator for HIV Testing Sites & Services Near You
Includes Ryan White & Non-Ryan White Services
- National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day #NHAAAD September 18 is National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day. National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day is a day to call attention to challenges of HIV prevention, testing, treatment, and care that older Americans face. Although HIV risk factors are similar for all adults, older adults may be less aware of these factors and the importance of testing to detect HIV in its earliest stages. CDC reports that in 2014, 40% of people aged 55 and older were diagnosed with AIDS at the time of HIV diagnosis.
- National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day #NGMHAAD September 27 is National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day. In 2008 the National Association of People with AIDS launched this observance day to recognize the disproportionate impact of the epidemic on gay men. Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) made up an estimated 2% of the population in the United States in 2014, but represented 56% of people living with HIV. Learn how HIV disproportionately affects gay, bisexual, and other MSM.
- Florida Department of Health Request for Applications 18-001 - HIV Prevention Florida Department of Health Grant Opportunities and Notice of Awards - Request for Applications (RFA) 18-001 is now posted to the DOH's grant funding opportunities website. Pre-Application Teleconference: Friday, August 17, 2018, 2:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. (EST) Dial-in Number: 888-670-3525 Participant code: 275 509 0568 #. Application Deadline: September 4, 2018
- HIV.gov: Five Trends to Watch In Mobile According to the Pew Research Center: The vast majority of Americans – 95% – now own a cellphone of some kind. Today just over one-in-ten American adults are "smartphone-only" internet users . . . As a result, organizations who provide HIV services and educate the public on HIV need to know how best to communicate with both new and existing clients. If you're one of those organizations, here are some trends to watch as you prepare your content for mobile.
- This Weekend! Safe Sex is Great Sex: Sex Ed Summit August 11, 10 AM - 2 PM at A Space Called Tribe
- Everyday Mobile Support with Daily Charge™ The Daily Charge™ app provides tools and resources that can help support your life with HIV – no matter what treatment you're on.
Want to make an announcement?
Click here for details on posting to AIDSNET and the Community Newsletter.