Surveys & Studies
In response to COVID-19 restrictions, you are encouraged to contact researchers directly for updates on ongoing and new studies.
Posted August 11, 2022
- Fourth Annual State of HIV Primary Care National Survey, Part 2: HIV Prevention* (HealthHIV) Your feedback is extremely valuable in determining needs, services, programs and planning to address quality HIV care and services nationwide. All individual responses are kept confidential and all data will be reported in aggregate form only. This survey is being conducted among current HIV prevention providers. If you would like to receive the full report of the survey findings, please provide your email at the end of the survey. This survey is intended for all providers of HIV services, including health care providers (doctors, nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, pharmacists), community health workers, behavioral and mental health providers, public health workers, social workers, and administrative and leadership staff.
Posted August 4, 2022
- FIU Proyecto Latinos InCare ¿Eres un Latino/a/x inmigrante viviendo con VIH? ¿Alguna vez ha dejado de ir a sus citas médicas para el VIH por más de 6 meses?¡Contáctenos para participar en un estudio de investigación! Usted es elegible is es Latino(a/x) inmigrante; 18 años o más; Viviendo con VIH; En algún momento dejó de ver su médico del VIH por más de 6 meses. Entrevista por teléfono Recibirá $50 en efectivo. Contáctenos (305) 348-4907 o firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FIU Project Latinos InCare Are you a Latino/a/x immigrant living with HIV? Have you ever stopped going to your HIV medical appointments for more than 6 months? Contact us to participate in a research study! Eligibility: Latino(a/x) immigrant; 18 years or older; Living with HIV; At some point stopped seeing your HIV doctor for more than 6 months. Phone interview: You will receive $50 cash. Contact (305) 348-4907 or email@example.com
Posted July 14, 2022
- iRise – Study conducted by the University of Miami We are looking for: Black/ African American Individuals living with HIV. You will be paid for your time and participation is confidential. For more information about this study please contact: Renessa Williams, (786) 498-5648, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted July 1, 2022
- SmartManage An Online Stress Management Intervention for Latino Sexual Minority Men Who Are Cancer Survivors Living with HIV University of Miami Department of Public Health is now conducting a pilot study of a ten week, online, informational, interactive program on sex, intimacy, healthy living, and cancer and HIV co-management. To participate in the study, you must: Be over the age of 18; Be fluent in English; Identify as Hispanic or Latino; Identify as gay, bisexual, or a man who has sex with men; Be HIV+, have some form of nonmetastatic cancer; and be at least 30 days past the end of primary treatment for cancer. Click here for details or contact Marta Salazar at (305) 243-1818.
Posted June 29, 2022
- Thinking, health, and mobility in older adults with HIV (UM Coral Gables Campus) We will recruit adults (aged 55 and older) living with HIV in the greater Miami area to participate in our study. We’re interested in studying the role of brain activity, nutrition, social functioning, and thinking in physical performance. Participants will attend a study visit (~5 hours) and will undergo a functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) scan, a blood draw, a brief physical assessment (e.g., grip strength, walking, balance), complete several tests of their thinking, and answer questionnaires about their experiences. All study visits are held at the University of Miami Coral Gables campus, at the Cox Science Annex (NIS). Participants will be compensated $100. If interested, please contact Katie Dillon at (305) 284-5166. You may also express interest using this link: https://umiamihealthresearch.org/#studies/20210930
Posted May 17, 2022
- JUNTOS STUDY* The REACH team at the University of Miami is looking to hear from community members and people who deliver HIV services in the Miami area for a paid research study asking to provide feedback on a new tool. *English or Spanish* Earn $50 + help the community by providing your feedback! Call/Text: (786) 405-9566; Email: REACH@miami.edu; Take a quick survey to see if you qualify: https://is.gd/juntos_screen
Updated April 7, 2022
- FIU Project Latinos In Care Study Study Participants: We are looking for Latino/a/x adults who are living with HIV and have missed their medical appointments for HIV care for more than 6 months. Buscamos Latinos/as/xs adultos viviendo con VIH que no han asistido a sus citas médicas para el cuidado del VIH por más de 6 meses.
Updated March 10, 2022
- The Positively Quit Study Now expanded to 13 states! The program is free and very helpful and effective for people looking to quit smoking cigarettes. Program participants earn up to $370 for completing activities in the program. Click here for the Positively Quit Facebook page*.
Posted March 10, 2022
- University of Florida Survey for Men between 18-30 years old – health and alcohol use; $35 for eligible participants.
Posted March 2, 2022
- March 16, 6 PM to 7 PM: Focus Group on Community Issues in Miami-Dade County. We want to hear your opinion on issues in our community! Focus groups are open to anyone living in Miami-Dade County. We are recruiting people living with HIV and LGBTQ individuals as a priority. Space is limited. Click here for the flyer and QR Code to register. Participants will receive a $50 gift card as compensation for their time.
Posted February 17, 2022
- Incentives Study – Small Group Discussions & Interviews Your participation can help us determine guidance for fair payment of research participants for future research studies. To participate, you must be: Living with HIV (we are particularly interested in people who also have been diagnosed with arthritis, depression, and/or heart disease, but it is not required); or An IRB member or bioethicist; or A biomedical HIV researcher and Be 18 years of age or older; Live in the U.S.; Speak and understand English; Have phone or internet access.
- PrEPTECH* is a paid study to see if an online program will help people who aren’t already on PrEP start and continue taking it. Looking for young gay or bi men (cis means not trans) and trans women in California or Florida who aren’t already on PrEP to join our PrEPTECH study. This is a randomized study, meaning participants will be split into two groups, purely based on chance. One group will receive access to PrEPTECH. The other won’t.
Posted February 11, 2022
- Ending the HIV Epidemic Survey – Closes March 11, 2022 IAPAC has launched a survey soliciting input from the community of people living with HIV regarding their personal perceptions of influence in US government policy-making, including the EHE plans across the 48 priority county and seven state EHE jurisdictions. The survey is completely anonymous.
- Complete the survey in English*
- Complete the survey in Spanish*
- Qualifications to participate:
- Age 18 or older
- Diagnosed with HIV/AIDS by a healthcare provider
- Reside in one of the 48 counties or 7 states in the HHS Ending the HIV Epidemic Plan.
- Be English or Spanish literate.
- Be computer literate and have access to the online survey by computer or mobile device.
Posted February 1, 2022
- The ADVANCE Study – Assessing Donor Variability And New Concepts in Eligibility. From HIV.gov: The ADVANCE study , which stands for Assessing Donor Variability And New Concepts in Eligibility, is focused on evaluating alternatives to the FDA’s blood donor time-based deferral policy for men who have sex with men (MSM). FDA currently recommends that a man who has had sex with another man be deferred from donating blood for three months following the most recent sexual contact with another man. In April 2020, the FDA adopted this three-month deferral policy, shortening the deferral period from the previous 12-month period. . . To gather the necessary data the blood centers are partnering with LGBTQ+ centers in Atlanta, Los Angeles, Memphis, Miami, New Orleans/Baton Rouge, Orlando, San Francisco, and Washington, DC, to reach and engage the gay and bisexual community. The study sites in those eight communities are seeking gay or bisexual men aged 18 to 39 to participate.
Posted January 31, 2022
- The National Coalition for LGBTQ Health’s Inaugural State of LGBTQ Health National Survey™* assesses the healthcare landscape for LGBTQ patient populations. This survey covers intersectional topics in LGBTQ health including clinical/behavioral health, stigma, social justice, housing/homelessness, health disparities among communities of color, and COVID-19. Don’t miss this important opportunity to provide input on the state of the LGBTQ healthcare landscape. The deadline for participation is Friday, February 18, 2022.
Posted January 19, 2021
- International Association of Providers of AIDS Care survey on DHHS Ending the HIV Epidemic plans. Qualifications to participate: Age 18 or older; Diagnosed with HIV/AIDS by a healthcare provider; Reside in one of the 48 counties or 7 states in the HHS Ending the HIV Epidemic Plan; Be English or Spanish literate; Be computer literate and have access to the online survey by computer or mobile device. Click here for the survey in English. Haga clic aquí para español.
Posted December 15, 2021
- Hepatitis B and Hepatitis D Study* My name is Maggie and I am with LaGrippe Research, we are currently working on a project related to Hepatitis D and are inviting those who have been diagnosed and live in the USA to participate! Should you qualify, we would like to ask you to participate in a 3-month online panel. Please note the study would run for a year, however we will only ask you to do as much or a little as you like – maybe sign up for 3 months initially to see if you like it – if you enjoy it, you can keep signing up. We will only ask you to take part for about 1 hour per month, and you will be compensated with $100 for each month you complete (these payments will increase slightly the longer you stay in the program) In the online panel we will ask you to tell us about your life and we’d ask you to help us learn about you over time – not just a quick survey or chat. We will ask you do some fun things to help us learn about you – maybe share pictures of things you enjoy or tell us some activities you have taken part in. If you are interested, please fill out our preliminary questions online here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/S2B8VHG* If you have any questions, please contact Maggie at (847) 373-4104 or email email@example.com
Posted December 8, 2021
- REACH Study – University of Miami Health Promotion Lab Want to help your community get HIV testing, PrEP, and behavioral health services? Help us develop a tool to do that! We’re looking for people involved in delivering HIV testing, PrEP, behavioral health, and other kinds of services in the Miami area to provide feedback on a new tool. If you do the study, you will receive $50. Please call/text us at (786) 405-9566, or email us at REACH@miami.edu.
Posted November 11, 2021
- University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine Study
- Are you diagnosed with HIV and currently smoke cigarettes? We need your opinion! Help us by answering questions to evaluate several interventions to help HIV patient quit smoking. Participants will be asked to take a telephone survey (only 15 minutes). Eligible subjects who complete the study, will be compensated up to $15. This study will be conducted at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine. Principal Investigator: Taghrid Asfar, MD, MSPH. For more information regarding the study, please call us at (305) 243-0362; text us at (786) 505-2920; or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ¿Ha sido diagnosticado con VIH y fuma actualmente? ¡Necesitamos su opinión! Ayúdenos respondiendo preguntas para evaluar diferentes tratamientos para ayudar a personas que tienen VIH a dejar de fumar. El estudio solo demora 15 minutos por teléfono. Recibirá $15 por su participación. El estudio se hará en la Universidad de Miami, Miller School of Medicine. Investigadora Principal: Taghrid Asfar, MD, MSPH. Para más información, por favor llámenos al (305) 243-0362; Envíenos un mensaje de texto al (786) 505-2920; un email a email@example.com.
Posted November 4, 2021
- My name is Maggie, and I am with LaGrippe Research. We are currently inviting individuals that are HIV+ to participate in our online survey. Must live in the USA to participate. We would like to speak to a mix of people who have…
- Never taken medicine to treat HIV+
- Have taken medicine for HIV+ in past but is no longer taking.
- Those who recently started taking medicine for their HIV+
- This will be in the form of a 35-minute online survey, and those that qualify and participate will receive a compensation of $75. If you are interested and want to see if you qualify for the survey – please fill out our preliminary questions online here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DBPLTMG If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Maggie at (847) 373-4104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted October 15, 2021
- MOVe-AHEAD – Merck Clinical Study
- Learn about a clinical trial for a possible COVID-19 treatment & see if you may qualify. This clinical trial (called MOVe-AHEAD) looks at a possible treatment to prevent the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19 within households.
- Obtenga información sobre un ensayo clínico para un posible tratamiento para la COVID-19 y vea si usted podría ser apto. En este ensayo clínico (llamado MOVe-AHEAD), se analiza un posible tratamiento para prevenir la propagación del virus que causa la COVID-19 dentro de los hogares.
- Clinical trial investigator – James Krainson, M.D. is actively enrolling patients in MOVe-AHEAD study. Dr. James Krainson – Hours 8am-5pm, Monday thru Friday. Not open on the weekends. Clinical Site Partners, LLC d/b/a CSP Miami, 12600 SW 120th St Suite 117, Miami, FL 33186. Contact: Jose Garcia, email@example.com or Tel: (305) 255-7452.
Posted October 14, 2021
- Adherence 2021 Poster: Access to HIV medical care providers for Ryan White Program clients during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Lessons learned Trepka MJ (1), Ward M (1), Sheehan DM (1), Gbadamosi SO (1), Ibarra C (1), Li T (1), Ibañez GE (1), Jean-Gilles M (1), Ladner R (2); 1. Robert Stempel College of Public Health and Social Work, Florida International University, Miami, FL, USA, 2. Behavioral Science Research Corporation, Miami, FL, USA.
Posted September 23, 2021
- Project BCARE seeks to understand the experience of burnout and strategies to address burnout among professionals serving people with HIV. Our choice to focus on professionals who interact with people with HIV on the front lines (e.g. case workers, social workers, peer counsellors and HIV testers) was driven by the reality that most research in this area focuses on doctors and nurses and have neglected these individuals who play a crucial role in the care experience of people with HIV. For this study, we will recruit 100 individuals, who will complete surveys. We’ll also be gathering more in-depth information from 20 of these participants via interview. Twenty dollars will be provided for completing the surveys or an interview.
- Rapid Linkage Survey for Stakeholders Researchers at University of Miami are looking for people involved in delivering HIV services to complete a survey about their experiences. Anyone involved in the HIV Treatment delivery from Test counselors to HIV providers and inclusive of admin, linkage, clinicians, managers, etc. are eligible to complete the survey. You will be compensated $50 to participate.
Posted September 16, 2021
- Calling all Testing Counselors! Paid Research Opportunity for HIV Testing Counselors through UM. Help your community through research! UM is looking for test counselors like you to share your experience with PrEP, mental health counseling, and substance use treatment referrals on a short 10 minute survey. Once completed you will be eligible to receive $10! Click here to take the survey: https://is.gd/Ref2Test!
Posted September 7, 2021
- The Mental Health, Culture, & Community Lab Survey
- Confidential Online Survey For LGBQ+ Latinxs/as/os The Mental Health, Culture, & Community Lab is inviting LGBQ+ Latinxs/as/os to participate in a confidential online survey about discrimination, social/political experiences and mental health. To participate, you must self-identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Queer, or Questioning AND Latinx/a/o (or Hispanic); Cis & trans people are welcome.
- Estudio En Línea Confidencial Para Latinxs/as/os LGBQ+ El laboratorio de investigación sobre salud mental, cultura, y comunidad está invitando a Latinxs/as/os LGBQ+ a participar en una encuesta en línea confidencial sobre la discriminación, experiencias sociales/políticas, y la salud mental. Para participar, debe identificarse como lesbiana, gay, bisexual, queer, o cuestionándose + Y TAMBIÉN como Latinx/a/o (o Hispana/o/x); Las personas cisgénero y trans son bienvenidas
Posted August 19, 2021
- I am sick with COVID-19: Should I join a research study? If you have COVID-19, or might have COVID-19, you may be able to join a COVID-19 research study. A research study: collects new information about health and disease; tries to answer new questions that researchers have; needs volunteers to sign up.
- Estoy enfermo con la COVID-19: ¿Debería participar en un estudio de investigación de COVID-19? Si tiene la COVID-19, o podría tener la COVID-19, puede participar en un estudio de investigación sobre COVID-19.
Posted August 18, 2021
- Scale It Up Florida – Ethical Issues in Engaging Lost to Follow Up Youth In HIV Care and Research This Florida State University study aims to understand the perceptions of cultural and ethical issues in keeping youth in HIV care and engaging them in HIV research. This is an ongoing study and we are still seeking professional stakeholder participants. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Rare Patient Voice (HealthHIV) Rare Patient Voice connects patients ages 16+ and caregivers with the opportunity to voice their opinions through surveys and interviews to improve medical products and services. We offer $100 per hour for participating in studies and all information you share is confidential.
Posted July 29, 2021
- Mosaico is a large study that will try to prove whether the experimental vaccine regimen can prevent HIV infection in North America, Latin America, and Europe. To do this, the study will enroll cisgender men and transgender people who have sex with cisgender men and/or transgender people. If Mosaico can show that the study vaccine regimen works, it will be a very important step on the way to finding a safe and effective vaccine for the prevention of HIV. Click here to learn more!
Posted June 10, 2021
- Research Program: All of Us at the University of Miami (Facebook) ALL OF US IS A RESEARCH PROGRAM FROM THE NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH (NIH). It is seeking one million or more people from across the U.S. By doing so, it hopes to one day help speed up medical research. People who join will share information about their health, habits, and what it’s like where they live. By looking for patterns, researchers may learn more about what affects people’s health.
Posted June 9, 2021
- Janssen Virtual Engagement Research Community (VERC) – Vaccines The goal of the Community is to gain insights into people’s opinions and information needs on vaccine-related topics and see how attitudes and behaviors towards vaccines may change over time. Community members will engage in periodic events intended to generate discussion such as quick polls, focus groups, and surveys. Interested individuals should visit the screening questionnaire.
Posted May 26, 2021
- Mindfulness to Quit Smoking Are you Hispanic living with HIV and interested in quitting cigarette smoking?
- ¡Estudio de Investigación busca participantes! ¿Ha sido diagnosticado con VIH y fuma actualmente? ¡Necesitamos su opinión! Ayúdenos respondiendo preguntas para evaluar diferentes tratamientos para ayudar a personas que tienen VIH a dejar de fumar. El estudio solo demora 15 minutos por teléfono. Recibirá $15 por su participación.
- A Research Study Seeks Participants! Are you diagnosed with HIV and currently smoke cigarettes? We need your opinion! Help us by answering questions to evaluate several interventions to help HIV patient quit smoking. Participants will be asked to take a telephone survey (only 15 minutes). Eligible subjects who complete the study, will be compensated up to $15.
- The WHIMS Study – Women, HIV, Immunology, Microbiome, and Sexual Health, is looking for females, between the ages of 18-45, who are sexually active. The purpose of this study is to identify behaviors and biological factors that may predispose women to have repeated episodes of Bacterial Vaginosis (BV). The study involves questionnaires and gynecological exams. The first visit will consist of a pregnancy test, a rapid HIV test, and a COVID test. If those are negative, then a gynecological exam will be conducted for BV. If enrolled we will collect blood, urine, vaginal samples for research purposes and test for sexually transmitted infections (Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Trichomoniasis). Metronidazole will be prescribed for 1 week for BV positive women. Participants will complete up to 3 visits over 6 months. Each visit will be 2.5 hours and is compensated $100. Click here for printable flyers in English and Spanish.
Posted May 25, 2021
- The Study of Treatment and Reproductive Outcomes or better known as the STAR Study, will recruit up to 2,000 female participants of reproductive age and 460 will be recruited from the University of Miami/Jackson Health System. The purpose of this study is to help us understand the effects of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection among women to better address issues that uniquely affect this group. The STAR Study aims to understand the impact of depression, reproductive health, and oral health on HIV and pregnancy outcomes across the reproductive lives of women living with HIV. The long-term goal of the STAR Study is to develop strategies to improve the health of women living with HIV, their children, and their communities. Contact the research coordinators at the Infectious Diseases Unit at (786) 393-3665 or (305) 243-2697 if you are interested.
Posted May 7, 2021
- LaGrippe Research is currently working on a research study in collaboration with TCC Group on the topic of sexual and public health messaging, with the purpose being to understand the knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors of sexually active young adults as it relates to effective public messaging for promoting health and risk reduction. These would be 35-minute interviews with a compensation of $75.00 via Venmo, CashApp, or Visa eGift Card no later than seven (7) days after you complete your interview. If you are interested, please fill out the preliminary screening form here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3GTFKQM. If you have any questions, please contact Holly at email@example.com. We are inviting young adults between the ages of 18-24 to participate, who are among one of the following subpopulations:
- Black men who have sex with men (MSM) – (For example: Gay men, bisexual men, or other men who have sex with men. Includes cis and trans men)
- Black trans women – (For example: a woman whose gender identity is different from the gender at birth)
- Latinx/Latina trans women – (For example: a woman whose gender identity differs from the gender assigned at birth)
- Sexual and Public Health Information Study for Providers LaGrippe Research is currently working in collaboration with TCC Group on the topic of sexual and public health information, with the purpose being to understand what makes for effective public health messaging with young adults. We are inviting healthcare providers (MD, DO, NP, RN, PA) that provide sexual health care to participate in 35-minute interviews with a compensation of $75.00 via Venmo, CashApp, or Visa eGift Card no later than seven (7) days after you complete your interview. If you are interested, please fill out the preliminary screening form here: www.surveymonkey.com/r/3BWWDBS. If you have any questions, please contact Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted April 26, 2021
- BREATH Lab at the University of Miami Earn Up to $240 to Participate. Research study recruiting HIV-positive Latina women with a history of trauma. The study involves 2 in- person visits to the University of Miami, and 4 online visits with an intervention facilitator. Contact BREATH Lab (305) 243-1266 for details.
- Project D.A.I.L.Y. at Florida International University – Updates!
- Expanded eligibility criteria: click here for flyer! Project D.A.I.L.Y. at Florida International University is seeking Hispanic/Latino men, ages 18 to 34, with an HIV diagnosis and currently taking HIV medication to participate in a confidential research study. The study will examine how daily experiences affect people’s ability to take HIV medication as prescribed. We are seeking for people to take daily surveys about their experiences taking HIV medication. Compensation is up to $250. If you are interested, contact email@example.com or give us a call at (305) 348-9901.
- Criterio de eligibilidad expandido: haga clic aquí para ver el folleto! Project D.A.I.L.Y. en la Universidad Internacional de la Florida busca hombres Hispanos/Latinos, de 18 a 34 años de edad y con un diagnóstico de VIH para participar en un estudio de investigación confidencial. El estudio examinará cómo las experiencias diarias afectan la capacidad de las personas para tomar los medicamentos contra el VIH según lo prescrito. Buscamos personas que realicen encuestas diarias sobre sus experiencias tomando medicamentos para el VIH. Compensación es hasta $250. Si está interesado, contacte a firstname.lastname@example.org o llámenos al (305) 348-9901.
Posted April 2, 2021
- Women’s Health Clinical Trial Opportunity with IDEAL Clinical Research We’re currently looking for women diagnosed with Chlamydia and/or Gonorrhea and have experienced symptoms within the past 4 months.
- Oportunidad de participar en un estudio clinico para la salud de mujeres – IDEAL Clinical Research Estamos buscando mujeres diagnosticadas con Clamidia y / o Gonorrea y que hayan experimentado sf ntomas en Los ultimas 4 meses.
- Learn more about IDEAL Clinical Research.
Posted March 9, 2021
- FSU Scale It Up Florida Study Recruitment – Engaging Youth in Care & Research: Professional Stakeholder Study Enrollment We are inviting Professional Stakeholders (providers, public health officials, and researchers) with experience working with youth living with HIV to participate in a research study to help youth (15 – 24) living with HIV.
Posted February 25, 2020
- The GEM Study at FIU Earn up to $130! Gentle Empowering Movement Study. If you’re looking to connect with others and feel healthier. Si buscas conectarte con otros y sentirte más saludable! Gana hasta $130! Call (305) 456-0452 or (305) 456-2986, or email email@example.com to find out if you qualify!
Posted February 12, 2021
- Smoking Cessation Study Florida Consortium for HIV/AIDS Research (FCHAR) in Action: Recruitment for Smoking Cessation Study
Posted January 26, 2021
- Short Survey for HIV Test Counselors in Miami-Dade University of Miami and HPAC invite you to help your community through research! Take part in a short survey! $$ compensation!
Posted January 4, 2021
- University of Miami & CLaRO’s Research Regarding the COVID-19 Vaccine/Investigadoresde UM le invitana ser partede un grupode enfoquey encuestade seguimientopara compartirsuopiniónsobrela vacunade COVID19 The target population for the study is Latinx LGBTQ+ Men (No age restriction). Participants will be asked to provide opinions about the vaccine through a focus group and surveys. The purpose is to better understand Latinx sexual and gender minorities’ understanding of COVID-19, their beliefs and barriers to clinical trials and vaccine uptake, and provide them with community-relevant messaging about how to keep themselves and their community safe as we continue to battle the virus. Participants will receive up to $130 as incentive for their time and opinions. The participation will end before October 31st, 2021. Click here for the QR code, or access the following link: https://lnkd.in/dFgvz-Q
Posted December 3, 2020
- Experiences of LatinE Transgender and Gender Diverse People in South Florida Participants will receive a $20 Gift Card to Walmart! Participation Requirements: Identify as Hispanic/ LatinE Transgender and Gender Diverse; Identify as Transgender and/or Gender Diverse; Age 18 to 29, English speaker; Completed 10 minute online survey; Participate in a 45 minute online interview. For more information, contact Hector Peguero firstname.lastname@example.org or 305-539-8256 at Florida International University.
- El Estudio Dime Más A new project at UM that will focus on developing an outreach strategy to enhance Latino MSM’s (men who have sex with men) access to PrEP, HIV testing, and behavioral health services. The focus of the project is on developing a program that will meet Latino MSM’s needs while also being something highly usable within local organizations. This first phase will involve group interviewers with stakeholders (anyone involved in HIV-prevention and/or behavioral health services) and Latino MSM who could potentially receive this outreach program. The interviews will be 90 minutes long and take place on Zoom. We are also providing an incentive of $50 for participation.
Posted December 2, 2020
- The Florida Cohort Study – FIU and UF Research Study Help us understand what influences your health. We are assessing how individual, clinic, and community level factors influence healthcare utilization and HIV clinical outcomes across the state of Florida. The study will help identify barriers to care and treatment that could be changed by future interventions to improve health outcomes of people living with HIV (PLWH). Must be 18 years or older and willing to answer questions about your general health, social habits, and healthcare access, takes 20+ minutes to completed online, by mail, or by phone and earn $15 or more! You can call or text our study team at: 786-383-2775 or our study team can contact you, clicking the link: https://tinyurl.com/FLCOHORT .
Posted October 29, 2020
- National Coalition LGBT Health 2020 State of LGBTQ Health Provider Survey Responses should represent those submitted by individual providers. If you have multiple providers at your practice, please share this survey with them so that they may complete it individually.
- University of Miami Health Research Studies Website The site allows users to browse through more than 150 clinical studies in search of healthy volunteers interested in supporting potentially life-saving research. To learn if you qualify for a health research study, visit umiamihealthresearch.org.
Posted October 23, 2020
- ACT NOW! IMPACT study at University of Miami is an intervention study for men who have sex with men that addresses stimulant use and sexual risk reduction. Still need to enroll 50 participants! Contact (305) 699-3520 OR Click Here to fill out a super short survey to express your interest. See the posters for more details. ⇛
Posted October 12, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact Survey The Florida Department of Health and the Florida Ryan White Part A Programs would like to know the impact that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on people with HIV, especially regarding their ability to engage in or be retained in HIV care. Data collection for this project began October 1, 2020, and will end December 31, 2020. We respectfully request that you encourage clients (Ryan White Program clients/patients or other people with HIV in the community) to respond to this survey. Broward Regional Health Planning Council (BRHPC) is assuming the data management responsibility for this survey. This survey is available in English, Spanish and Haitian Creole
- For clients/patients without computer or smart phone access, MS Word versions in the three languages are available. If clients complete a paper copy, we ask that you collect the survey and have staff: 1)Enter the client’s responses in the weblink above; OR 2) Scan the document to PDF and email the response to BRHPC at email@example.com.
Posted October 8, 2020
- University of Miami MAC / WIHS Combine Cohort Study (MWCCS): Targeting HIV positive and HIV negative men (at risk) and women for a long-term research study on reducing the impact of chronic diseases. Our emphasis will be on Black and Hispanic MSM, but the study is open to all men and women of all ethnicities between the ages of 30-70 years old. All MACS and WIHS participants currently in follow-up are eligible to enroll in MWCCS and will be invited to do so. For more information, please contact Andres Vazquez, MS at (305) 243-2465 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted October 1, 2020
- HIV.gov – Call for Papers on COVID-19 and Public Health Practice Public Health Reports (PHR), a peer-reviewed journal of public health research and practice, has issued a call for papers focused on the public health response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The broad range of COVID-19–related topics that will be considered for publication includes disparities in testing, treatment, and survival outcomes for racial or ethnic minorities and other populations at risk; partnerships with traditional and nontraditional public health partners; and more.
- The WHIMS Study at University of Miami Miller School of Medicine Looking for: Women; Between 18-45 years of age; Sexually active, Who have suffered from Bacterial vaginosis (BV) or Vaginal Discharge (Study #: 20180758). If eligible you will be compensated on each visit. Participation in this study may require up to 3 visits. Complete a short survey, do a GYN exam, and provide a blood and urine sample. As part of the study we will test you for HIV, STIs and an optional COVID-19 test (Rapid test) if you qualify for the study All information is confidential.
- El Estudio WHIMS at University of Miami Miller School of Medicine Está buscando: Mujeres entre los 18 y 45 años de edad; Sexualmente activas; Que hayan tenido vaginosis bacteriana (VB) O flujo vaginal. ¡Usted podría ser elegible para participar en un estudio de investigación! Si es elegible, Recibirá compensación en cada visita. La participación en este estudio podría requerir hasta 3 visitas. Completar una encuesta breve, tener una examinación ginecológica y proveer una muestra de sangre y de orina. Como parte del estudio, le haremos una prueba de VIH, ETS y una prueba rapida de COVID-19 opcional si califica para el estudio.
Posted September 24, 2020
- COVID-19 Prevention Clinical Studies Seek Volunteers The COVID-19 Prevention Network (CoVPN) participates in conducting clinical trials to find safe and effective vaccines and monoclonal antibodies to protect people from COVID-19. The network aims to enroll thousands of volunteers in large-scale COVID-19 prevention clinical trials. Researchers are seeking adults aged 18 and older, of all races and ethnicities, and of all gender identities to participate in trials.
Posted September 10, 2020
- Latinx LGBTQ Evaluación Comunitaria de Salud: Florida y la Texas La encuesta se utilizará para comprender mejor los determinantes sociales y estructurales que perpetúan las disparidades de salud entre las comunidades Latinx LGBTQ que residen en Tejas. La información recopilada ayudará a abordar las necesidades de salud de la comunidad al informar los enfoques de políticas, promoción, acceso a servicios de salud de calidad e inversión en capacitaciones y liderazgo para Latinxs/Hispanos LGBTQ.
- Latinx LGBTQ Community Health Assessment: Florida & Texas The survey will be used to gain a better understanding of the social and structural determinants that perpetuate health disparities among Latinx LGBTQ communities residing in Florida. The information collected will aid in addressing community health needs by informing approaches to policy, advocacy, access to quality healthcare services, and investment in Latinx LGBTQ centered trainings and leadership.
Posted September 1, 2020
- University of Miami Coronavirus Prevention Study “We’re looking for: Adults aged 18 and older; People who are more likely to be exposed to COVID-19, including: People with underlying medical conditions; People with greater chances of exposure at their job; People who live or work in elder-care facilities; People over age 65; People who work in jails or prisons; People from racial and ethnic groups that have been impacted by the epidemic, such as African Americans, Latinx, and Native Americans. If you decide to join a COVID-19 prevention study, you will be compensated for your time. You CANNOT get infected with SARS-CoV-2 or get COVI D-19 illness from the study vaccine.”
Posted June 22, 2020
- The DIMELO Study – Earn up to $140! Recibe hasta $140! DIMELO Study Enrolling 300 Latino MSM in an online survey about sexual health, behavioral health, and how COVID is affecting Latino MSM.
Posted May 27, 2020
- Participants Needed! Miami COVID Cohort. Developing the Foundation for a Comprehensive Approach to COVID-19 (University of Miami) COVID study being done by Dr. Alcaide at University of Miami. The study is up and running and compensates $10.00 for a brief telephone interview, or $20.00 for a short face-to-face visit (up to 4 visits). COVID-19 testing is part of the study.
Want to promote Surveys & Studies?
Click here for details on posting to AIDSNET and the Community Newsletter.
This page includes links to Ryan White Program and non-Ryan White Program funded services. Please contact your Medical Case Manager with questions about Ryan White Program eligibility.
By clicking links marked by an asterisk (*), you acknowledge you are leaving AIDSNET.org. We are not responsible for the content on these web sites.