Support Groups and Group Activities
Virtual & In-Person Support Groups & Group Activities
Listed alphabetically by service provider location
- Mind-Body Wellness Support Group English and Spanish. Wellness Groups help people to transform the physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual dimensions of their lives. This educational format is a powerful, effective combination of research-based techniques presented in an intimate and supportive group setting. The groups offer benefit for those who have health conditions or simply want to learn stress management and wellness skills. The groups are implemented in a variety of settings around the world. Location: 3000 Biscayne Blvd. 5th Floor Miami, FL 33137. Please contact Glory Ann Zapata, MBA, MS, TTS, Mental Health Therapist & Wellness Coach, Certified in Mind-Body Medicine Skills, (305) 576-6611 Ext. 1803 or email@example.com.
- AIMS/MAT Program at Borinquen A mental Health and Substance Abuse Program helping those in need of medication assisted treatment coupled with group therapy and counseling. Telehealth: Call (305) 576-6611 x1801 or x1808 or x3111
- Borinquen Medical Centers Offer Group Counseling to Quit Smoking! Tools to help you quit smoking! Have you tried to quit smoking? Have you relapsed with nicotine? Telehealth: Call (305) 576-6611 x1801 or x1808 or x3111
- STOPP-Y Outpatient Substance Abuse Program at Borinquen Borinquen’s STOPP program is committed to helping those struggling with alcohol or drugs take the first step towards recovery. Telehealth: Call (305) 576-6611 x1801 or x1808 or x3111
- Saturdays at 8:00 PM: Karaoke Night! Come sing your heart out, dance, or just hang with friends!
- Support Group on Facebook: Contact Alecia at firstname.lastname@example.org or (305) 521-6966.
- Connect with Positive People Network via Social Media
- Mondays at 10:00 AM Coffee and Conversations with LQBTQ – Community Support Connection
- Mondays at 11:00 AM Virtual Dance Workout with Thee Dinomite
- Mondays at 2:00 PM Chakradance™ A well-being movement practice. It uses spontaneous dance, to specific chakra-resonant music for healing and energy. Nelsy Rivas, Empowerment Coach
- Mondays: Movement & Mindfulness on Facebook Live
- Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday: All Bodies Yoga A safe space and supportive environment to practice yoga and connect with community, presented by Clear Health Alliance.
- Tuesdays at 1:00 PM Online Meditation Mindfulness Hour Benefits: General well-being, physical health, mental health, overall self-awareness. Nelsy Rivas, Empowerment Coach
- Jueves de 10 AM – 11 AM Cafe, Te y ConversaciOnes. Para adultos. LGBTQ 55 en adelante. Creando un espacio para Apoyo, Amistad y Comunidad via Zoom para reservar por correo a Eddie@pridelines.org o llamando al 305-571-9601 ex 105.
- Thursdays at 5:00 PM LGBTQ Older Adults Online Happy Hour
- Viernes via Facebook Live Movimiento y atencion plena en linea. Todos niveles de experiencia todo tipo de cuerpo todas las identidades un espacio seguro para conectar con comunidad mientras explora movimiento, atnecion plena y como reducir el estres; presented by Clear Health Alliance.
- Apoyo y Comunidad para Personas Viviendo con VIH Temas muy interesantes para mantenerte informado, tales como nuevos trat amientos, nutricion, efectos secundarios, y otros mas. Todos los lunes para la comunidad hispanoparlante. Pridelines and Clear Health Alliance.
- Remote Support & Social Groups Social distancing doesn’t mean social isolation
- Together We Thrive – Gay & Bi Men’s Roundtable A group for gay and bisexual men living with HIV who are seeking community, education, and support. This is a safe, affirming, and confidential space intended to help members thrive. Weekly meetings are being hosted virtually via Zoom or by phone; presented by Clear Health Alliance.
- Bereavement Support Group – Phone consultations; limited in-home visits. Contact Elder Gibson, Pastor, Trained Chaplain, & Crisis Counselor at Free Ministries – (786) 488-2108.
- Flashlight of Hope, Inc. COVID-19 Resources regarding evictions and finding somewhere else to live; employment; immigration; estate planning and funerals.
Want to promote your Support Groups?
Click here for details on posting to AIDSNET and the Community Newsletter.
This page includes links to Ryan White Program and non-Ryan White Program funded services. Please contact your Medical Case Manager with questions about Ryan White Program eligibility.
By clicking links marked by an asterisk (*), you acknowledge you are leaving AIDSNET.org. We are not responsible for the content on these web sites.