Support Groups and Group Activities
Virtual & In-Person Support Groups & Group Activities
Listed alphabetically by service provider location
- Miami Speakers Bureau Meetings are back! To provide new strategies for people with HIV, to help tell your stories, talk about how to manage adherence and use your stories to educate others. It is a matter of helping HIV+ individuals to be HIV educators to others. Please contact Acklynn Byamugisha at (786) 792-5288 or Acklynn.Byamugisha@flhealth.gov for more information.
- Click here for the first session slides: The Four Truths of Storytelling
- WE>AIDS Video Library* Real People. Real Stories. From diagnosis to disclosure, to finding love and staying healthy regardless of status, these videos inspire, educate and show what is possible. Watch. Share. Be Inspired.
- Some groups are public and some are private. If you would like to share other online or in-person support groups, please Click Here for details!
- Ongoing: Heads Up! Prevention Program at Borinquen Medical Centers. Awareness and Education on the risks of HIV, STDs, and addiction. Contact (305) 576-6611 x 3127 or 1808 for details.
- Mind-Body Wellness Support Group English and Spanish. Wellness Groups help people to transform the physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual dimensions of their lives. This educational format is a powerful, effective combination of research-based techniques presented in an intimate and supportive group setting. The groups offer benefit for those who have health conditions or simply want to learn stress management and wellness skills. The groups are implemented in a variety of settings around the world. Location: 3000 Biscayne Blvd. 5th Floor Miami, FL 33137. Please contact Glory Ann Zapata, MBA, MS, TTS, Mental Health Therapist & Wellness Coach, Certified in Mind-Body Medicine Skills, (305) 576-6611 Ext. 1803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AIMS/MAT Program at Borinquen A mental Health and Substance Abuse Program helping those in need of medication assisted treatment coupled with group therapy and counseling. Telehealth: Call (305) 576-6611 x1801 or x1808 or x3111
- Borinquen Medical Centers Offer Group Counseling to Quit Smoking! Tools to help you quit smoking! Have you tried to quit smoking? Have you relapsed with nicotine? Telehealth: Call (305) 576-6611 x1801 or x1808 or x3111
- STOPP-Y Outpatient Substance Abuse Program at Borinquen Borinquen’s STOPP program is committed to helping those struggling with alcohol or drugs take the first step towards recovery. Telehealth: Call (305) 576-6611 x1801 or x1808 or x3111
- Coping With Grief During The Holidays (Bereavement) Flashlight of Hope, Inc. Learning Objectives: Coping Mechanisms to Help You to Get through the Holiday Weekend; Healing through the Arts (Art Therapy, Music Therapy, Poetry, Prose, Et Cetera); Psychological and Spiritual Aspects of Grief; Elisabeth Kübler-Ross, M.D. and the Various Stages of Grief; And Much, Much More!!!
- October 20, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM, Arcola Lakes Public Library, 8240 NW 7th Avenue, Miami, FL 33150
- November 17, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM, Arcola Lakes Public Library, 8240 NW 7th Avenue, Miami, FL 33150
- December 13, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM, South Dade Regional Library (2nd Floor, In the Auditorium), 10750 SW 211th Street, Cutler Bay, Florida 33189
- Bereavement Support Group: Helping grieving families, significant others, and friends to cope with the loss of a loved one; Are you seeking answers to unresolved questions? Emotional support in a nonjudgmental manner; Guest speakers will be invited to speak at times.
- Every 3rd Thursday of the Month, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM, Arcola Lakes Public Library, 8240 NW 7th Avenue, Miami, Florida 33150
- Educational Information On Health & Human Services
- Every 2nd Thursday of the Month, 1:30 PM – 5:30 PM, Main Library (In the Foyer Area), 101 West Flagler Street, Miami, Florida 33130
- Every 4th Thursday of the Month, 3:30 PM – 7:30 PM, South Dade Regional Library, 10750 SW 211th Street, Cutler Bay, Florida 33189
- Tuesdays through March 10: NWGHAAD Planning Committee meetings Contact (305) 521-7966 or email@example.com.
- Weekly Virtual Women’s Support Group Beginning March 6, 2021. Love, Life, Sex, Children, Food, Cooking, Hair, Shopping, Men, Men and Men
- Weekly Virtual Men’s Support Group Beginning March 6, 2021 Love, Life, Sex, Men, Children, Food, Men, Cooking, Hair, Shopping, Men, Men and Men
- Saturdays at 8:00 PM: Karaoke Night! Come sing your heart out, dance, or just hang with friends!
- Support Group on Facebook: Contact Alecia at firstname.lastname@example.org or (305) 521-6966.
- Connect with Positive People Network via Social Media
- Mondays at 10:00 AM Coffee and Conversations with LQBTQ – Community Support Connection
- Mondays at 11:00 AM Virtual Dance Workout with Thee Dinomite
- Mondays at 2:00 PM Chakradance™ A well-being movement practice. It uses spontaneous dance, to specific chakra-resonant music for healing and energy. Nelsy Rivas, Empowerment Coach
- Mondays: Movement & Mindfulness on Facebook Live
- Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday: All Bodies Yoga A safe space and supportive environment to practice yoga and connect with community, presented by Clear Health Alliance.
- Tuesdays at 1:00 PM Online Meditation Mindfulness Hour Benefits: General well-being, physical health, mental health, overall self-awareness. Nelsy Rivas, Empowerment Coach
- Jueves de 10 AM – 11 AM Cafe, Te y ConversaciOnes. Para adultos. LGBTQ 55 en adelante. Creando un espacio para Apoyo, Amistad y Comunidad via Zoom para reservar por correo a Eddie@pridelines.org o llamando al 305-571-9601 ex 105.
- Thursdays at 5:00 PM LGBTQ Older Adults Online Happy Hour
- Viernes via Facebook Live Movimiento y atencion plena en linea. Todos niveles de experiencia todo tipo de cuerpo todas las identidades un espacio seguro para conectar con comunidad mientras explora movimiento, atnecion plena y como reducir el estres; presented by Clear Health Alliance.
- Apoyo y Comunidad para Personas Viviendo con VIH Temas muy interesantes para mantenerte informado, tales como nuevos trat amientos, nutricion, efectos secundarios, y otros mas. Todos los lunes para la comunidad hispanoparlante. Pridelines and Clear Health Alliance.
- Remote Support & Social Groups Social distancing doesn’t mean social isolation
- Together We Thrive – Gay & Bi Men’s Roundtable A group for gay and bisexual men living with HIV who are seeking community, education, and support. This is a safe, affirming, and confidential space intended to help members thrive. Weekly meetings are being hosted virtually via Zoom or by phone; presented by Clear Health Alliance.
- Support Group for victims/survivors of domestic and sexual violence in Spanish. This group takes place the second Thursday of every month. (Posted 10/07/21
- Support Group for LGBTQI community in Spanish. This group takes place the third Thursday of every month. (Posted 10/07/21
- Support group for the Latino transgender community in Spanish. This group takes place the last Thursday of every month. (Posted 10/07/21)
- HART Healthy Alternatives Require Transitions You Can Receive $25, $50 & $100 Gift Cards. Call/Text (305) 849-5822 for eligibility. A SAMHSA funded outpatient program at The Village South. In-Home/Virtual Individual Therapy for: Substance Abuse Issues; Case Management; HIV/HCV/STD Testing & Prevention Education; Medication Assisted Treatment(MAT) Available. Eligibility: Men 18 Years & Older; Lives in Miami-Dade or Broward County; Have a Substance Use and/or Co-Occurring Disorder; At High-Risk or Living with HIV. 100% CONFIDENTIAL & FREE! @HARTMIAMI @HART_MIAMI Virtual Sessions Now Available!
Want to promote your Support Groups?
Click here for details on posting to AIDSNET and the Community Newsletter.
This page includes links to Ryan White Program and non-Ryan White Program funded services. Please contact your Medical Case Manager with questions about Ryan White Program eligibility.
By clicking links marked by an asterisk (*), you acknowledge you are leaving AIDSNET.org. We are not responsible for the content on these web sites.