Support Groups and Group Activities
Virtual & In-Person Support Groups & Group Activities
Listed alphabetically by service provider location
Share Support Group Opportunities with the HIV Community!
- If your agency is holding support groups, please send details – including PDF flyers – to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Specifically, a request was made at the Community Coalition meeting for mental health support groups.
- Heads Up! Thursdays via Zoom! Borinquen Medical Centers: LIFE SKILLS Group for young adults 18–24-year old. In group, young adults will learn skills such as goal setting, effective communication, managing stress, decision making, money managing and building relationships. Contact (305) 576-6611 x 3102 or 3103 for details.
- Mind-Body Wellness Support Group English and Spanish. Wellness Groups help people to transform the physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual dimensions of their lives. This educational format is a powerful, effective combination of research-based techniques presented in an intimate and supportive group setting. The groups offer benefit for those who have health conditions or simply want to learn stress management and wellness skills. The groups are implemented in a variety of settings around the world. Location: 3000 Biscayne Blvd. 5th Floor Miami, FL 33137. Please contact Glory Ann Zapata, MBA, MS, TTS, Mental Health Therapist & Wellness Coach, Certified in Mind-Body Medicine Skills, (305) 576-6611 Ext. 1803 or email@example.com.
- AIMS/MAT Program at Borinquen A mental Health and Substance Abuse Program helping those in need of medication assisted treatment coupled with group therapy and counseling. Telehealth: Call (305) 576-6611 x1801 or x1808 or x3111
- Borinquen Medical Centers Offer Group Counseling to Quit Smoking! Tools to help you quit smoking! Have you tried to quit smoking? Have you relapsed with nicotine? Telehealth: Call (305) 576-6611 x1801 or x1808 or x3111
- STOPP-Y Outpatient Substance Abuse Program at Borinquen Borinquen’s STOPP program is committed to helping those struggling with alcohol or drugs take the first step towards recovery. Telehealth: Call (305) 576-6611 x1801 or x1808 or x3111
- Every 3rd Thursday of the Month: Good Grief! (updated February 2023) Grieving the loss of loved ones is the beginning part of the healing process. Bereavement Support Group. Helping grieving families, significant others, and friends to cope with the loss of a loved one; Are you seeking answers to unresolved questions? Spiritual and Emotional Support in a nonjudgmental manner; Guest speakers, such as psychologists and thanatologists will be invited to speak at times.
- Various dates throughout 2023: Grief Awareness Support (updated February 2023) Flashlight of Hope, Inc., Elder George N. Gibson, Founder, Pastor, Chaplain, and CEO, (786) 488-2108 (Mobile) / SetFreeMinistriesChurch@yahoo.com, FlashlightofHope@yahoo.com.
- Educational Information On Health & Human Services
- Every 2nd Thursday of the Month, 1:30 PM – 5:30 PM, (updated February 2023) Main Library (In the Foyer Area), 101 West Flagler Street, Miami, Florida 33130
- Every 4th Thursday of the Month, 3:30 PM – 7:30 PM, (updated February 2023) South Dade Regional Library, 10750 SW 211th Street, Cutler Bay, Florida 33189
- STS S.W.A.T. – Sisters with a Testimony Stop the Silence Ambassadors Speakers Group – supported by ViiV Healthcare. Paid opportunity! Click here for details.
- PPN support group for women! Tuesdays via Zoom. “I am my sister’s keeper.”
- PPN support group for men! Thursdays via Zoom. “I got you, brother!”
- Tuesdays through March 10: NWGHAAD Planning Committee meetings Contact (305) 521-7966 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weekly Virtual Women’s Support Group Beginning March 6, 2021. Love, Life, Sex, Children, Food, Cooking, Hair, Shopping, Men, Men and Men
- Weekly Virtual Men’s Support Group Beginning March 6, 2021 Love, Life, Sex, Men, Children, Food, Men, Cooking, Hair, Shopping, Men, Men and Men
- Saturdays at 8:00 PM: Karaoke Night! Come sing your heart out, dance, or just hang with friends!
- Support Group on Facebook: Contact Alecia at email@example.com or (305) 521-6966.
- Connect with Positive People Network via Social Media
- Mondays at 10:00 AM Coffee and Conversations with LQBTQ – Community Support Connection
- Mondays at 11:00 AM Virtual Dance Workout with Thee Dinomite
- Mondays at 2:00 PM Chakradance™ A well-being movement practice. It uses spontaneous dance, to specific chakra-resonant music for healing and energy. Nelsy Rivas, Empowerment Coach
- Mondays: Movement & Mindfulness on Facebook Live
- Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday: All Bodies Yoga A safe space and supportive environment to practice yoga and connect with community, presented by Clear Health Alliance.
- Tuesdays at 1:00 PM Online Meditation Mindfulness Hour Benefits: General well-being, physical health, mental health, overall self-awareness. Nelsy Rivas, Empowerment Coach
- Jueves de 10 AM – 11 AM Cafe, Te y ConversaciOnes. Para adultos. LGBTQ 55 en adelante. Creando un espacio para Apoyo, Amistad y Comunidad via Zoom para reservar por correo a Eddie@pridelines.org o llamando al 305-571-9601 ex 105.
- Thursdays at 5:00 PM LGBTQ Older Adults Online Happy Hour
- Viernes via Facebook Live Movimiento y atencion plena en linea. Todos niveles de experiencia todo tipo de cuerpo todas las identidades un espacio seguro para conectar con comunidad mientras explora movimiento, atnecion plena y como reducir el estres; presented by Clear Health Alliance.
- Apoyo y Comunidad para Personas Viviendo con VIH Temas muy interesantes para mantenerte informado, tales como nuevos trat amientos, nutricion, efectos secundarios, y otros mas. Todos los lunes para la comunidad hispanoparlante. Pridelines and Clear Health Alliance.
- Remote Support & Social Groups Social distancing doesn’t mean social isolation
- Together We Thrive – Gay & Bi Men’s Roundtable A group for gay and bisexual men living with HIV who are seeking community, education, and support. This is a safe, affirming, and confidential space intended to help members thrive. Weekly meetings are being hosted virtually via Zoom or by phone; presented by Clear Health Alliance.
- Free Counseling Services at Survivors’ Pathway
- Support Group for victims/survivors of domestic and sexual violence in Spanish. This group takes place the second Thursday of every month. (Posted 10/07/21
- Support Group for LGBTQI community in Spanish. This group takes place the third Thursday of every month. (Posted 10/07/21
- Support group for the Latino transgender community in Spanish. This group takes place the last Thursday of every month. (Posted 10/07/21)
- Tobacco Free Florida – Group Quit
- Las sesiones Group Quit de Tobacco Free Florida (en persona o virtuales) ahora ofrecen a Los participantes $50 – $125 en tarjetas de regalo por su participaci6n. Sesiones en persona o virtuales gratis y dirigidas por expertos para todos Los residentes de Florida, independientemente de la condici6n del seguro. Al completar la clase, Los participantes son elegibles para recibir terapia de reemplazo de nicotina gratis, incluyendo chicles, parches o pastillas.
- Tobacco Free Florida’s Group Quit Sessions (in-person or virtual) now offer participants $50 – $125 in gift cards for their attendance. Free, expert-led in-person or virtual sessions for all Florida residents, regardless of insurance status. Upon class completion, participants are eligible to receive free nicotine replacement therapy such as gum, patches
- HART Healthy Alternatives Require Transitions You Can Receive $25, $50 & $100 Gift Cards. Call/Text (305) 849-5822 for eligibility. A SAMHSA funded outpatient program at The Village South. In-Home/Virtual Individual Therapy for: Substance Abuse Issues; Case Management; HIV/HCV/STD Testing & Prevention Education; Medication Assisted Treatment(MAT) Available. Eligibility: Men 18 Years & Older; Lives in Miami-Dade or Broward County; Have a Substance Use and/or Co-Occurring Disorder; At High-Risk or Living with HIV. 100% CONFIDENTIAL & FREE! @HARTMIAMI @HART_MIAMI Virtual Sessions Now Available!
Want to promote your Support Groups?
Click here for details on posting to AIDSNET and the Community Newsletter.
This page includes links to Ryan White Program and non-Ryan White Program funded services. Please contact your Medical Case Manager with questions about Ryan White Program eligibility.
By clicking links marked by an asterisk (*), you acknowledge you are leaving AIDSNET.org. We are not responsible for the content on these web sites.