Support Groups and Other Programs
- HIV “Bilingual” Support Group For Newly Diagnosed You are not alone. Get information. Get help. Get support. Beginning January 20, 2020 at 1:30 pm and then the 3rd Monday of every month; B-Care/Ryan White office at 3000 Biscayne Blvd., 5th Floor, Miami FL 33137; Group Facilitator: STOPP counselor: Rafael Cabrera, and Ryan White Peer Educator: R-Jay Aguirre.
- AIMS/MAT Program at Borinquen A mental Health and Substance Abuse Program helping those in need of medication assisted treatment coupled with group therapy and counseling. Health Care providers on staff to prescribe medication AS WELL AS Intensive Outpatient Services.
- Borinquen Medical Centers Offer Group Counseling to Quit Smoking! Tools to help you quit smoking! Have you tried to quit smoking? Have you relapsed with nicotine? Do you need support to quit? Are you sick or having medical problems because of your smoking? Now is the opportunity, for you are not alone and the support that you need is here… We offer individual sessions, a 90 minutes class and the 6 weeks program for an hour, one day a week. Groups are Free
- Trans Miami Support Group at Borinquen Every other Tuesday – 100 NE 38th Street
- STOPP-Y Outpatient Substance Abuse Program at Borinquen Borinquen’s STOPP program is committed to helping those struggling with alcohol or drugs take the first step towards recovery. It is our goal to provide evidence based substance abuse counseling, reduce substance use and make a lasting, positive impact to those we serve.
- B-CARE Recovery at Borinquen This program helps those individuals who are homeless to get psychiatric services, Therapeutic services, and Case Management services to assist in finding stable housing and community resources.
- Support Group for Straight Men Living With HIV Tuesday afternoons, 5:00 pm-6:00 pm; Bilingual; Build your self-esteem and self-confidence; Build unity and support each other; Become the real, true version of yourself!
- Smoking Cessation Group at Care Resource Every other Thursday – 2:00 pm-3:00 pm; 3801 Biscayne Boulevard, Suite 210, Miami. Contact: Tiffany Wheeler (305)576-1234 x202.
- Women of Empowerment at Care Resource 2nd Thursday of every month – 12:00 pm -1:30 pm; 871 W Oakland Park Blvd, 2nd Floor Conference Room. Contact: Jennifer Palmer (954) 567-7141 x101.
- Weekly Recovery Groups at Care Resource
- Yoga at Pridelines Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday, starting March 24. All levels. All bodies. All identities. A safe and supportive environment to practice yoga and connect with community.
- Breaking Ballroom Silence at Pridelines Let’s Talk Ballroom Stigmas and more! Wednesdays, 6PM-7:30PM. A Support Group for you facilitated by a Licensed Professional
- T-body Yoga (Thursdays, beginning January 17) at Pridelines
- Calendar – Holistic Advocacy for Leadership and Opportunities (H.A.L.O.) offers free services for people living with HIV (PLWH): Holistic Services; Educational Lectures; Socials; Pet Projects. For more information or to make an appointment, please contact Eddie Orozco at email@example.com, or 305-571-9601 x105.
- Educate Yourself – Come to Our Free Classes: University of Miami Adult Clinical Immunology Education Initiatives
Tuesdays: 1800 NW 10 Ave. 2nd Floor Suite 2001 Miami, FL 33136 (Elliott Building) and Wednesdays: 1800 N.W. 10 Ave. 2nd Floor Suite 2001 Miami, FL 33136. Time / Hora / IL heur: 11:00 am until 12:00 noon. Days / Dias / Jours: English – every Tuesday; Español – clases cada dos miércoles; Kreyol – klas yo ap fet chak lot Mékredi. In order to participate in our free educational sessions: Must be HIV+ and receive medical services at UM/JMH
- Trans Trend – Miami – A Transgender Support Group at UM
- UM Therapeutic Psycho-Ed / Process Group: Overcoming HIV-related Stigma & Stress
- Parenting Education Program at Infinite Ways Network can help improve communication skills between parents and children, and result in an overall better understanding between family members . . .
- Anger Management Education Program at Infinite Ways Network uses cognitive-behavioral techniques so that the individual can learn to use cognition to control the anger and therefore learn new behaviors . . .
- The HIV Long Term Survivor Network (Palm Beach) The mission of the HIV Long Term Survivor Network is to help build and maintain a resilient community of long-term survivors by providing social and educational activities that nurture connecting relationships with others and promotes life affirming self-care (Facebook).
- Ambassador Program for Black Women
- Bereavement Support Group – Every 2nd and 4th Thursdays; 7:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M. Golden Glades Area. Have you lost a loved one, significant other, or friend recently or in the past? Are you seeking answers to unresolved questions? Would you like to receive spiritual and emotional support in a nonjudgmental manner? If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then help is on the way! Contact Elder Gibson, Pastor, Trained Chaplain, & Crisis Counselor at Free Ministries – (786) 488-2108. Carpooling is encouraged because space is limited. NO PETS PLEASE! This is for the health and well-being of others.
Want to promote your Support Groups?
Click here for details on posting to AIDSNET and the Community Newsletter.
This page includes links to Ryan White Program and non-Ryan White Program funded services. Please contact your Medical Case Manager with questions about Ryan White Program eligibility.
By clicking links marked by an asterisk (*), you acknowledge you are leaving AIDSNET.org. We are not responsible for the content on these web sites.