Training & Webinars
Local Training & Lectures
- December 6-7: Better Mental Health Through Mindfulness-Based Program and Workshops Miami Mindfulness is hosting a series of cutting edge talks titled “Improved Mental Health through Mindfulness-Based Programs” illustrating the life cycle of mental health and illness with three national experts, researchers, leaders in mental health, behavior, brain mechanisms, addictions; comprehensive systems, community-based treatment, legal system; education system, teachers and students in December.
- Reception & Talks, Friday, December 6, 5-8 p.m.,The Biltmore Hotel, 1200 Anastasia Ave., Coral Gables, FL 33134. The event is free but you must register.
- Introductory All-Day Mindfulness-Based Workshop, Saturday, December 7, 2019, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. UHealth Fitness and Wellness, 1120 NW 14 Street, 12th floor, Miami 33136. Tickets cost $30.
- January 6-8: Choosing Life: Empowerment, Action, Results! (CLEAR) Training at FDOH CLEAR is an evidence-based HIV prevention and health promotion intervention with people ages 16 and older, living with HIV/AIDS or at high-risk for HIV infection. . . Registration required.
- January 14-15, 2020: CDC’s Promise for HIP 2 Day Training At Health District Center. RSVP by Friday, December 13. Community PROMISE is an effective, community-level HIV/STD prevention intervention that relies on role model stories and peer advocates from social networks (e.g. peers from clinic or community) to reduce HIV risk behaviors and increase engagement related to the HIV continuum of care. . .
- Parenting Classes at Family Resource Center of South Florida, Inc., 1393 SW 1st Street Miami, FL 33135 or 16090 SW 293 Drive Homestead, FL 33033. English, Spanish & Creole. 16 week course. All Dependency Court-required parenting program elements are part of this program . . .
- Family Empowerment Program Mexican-American Council presents: Family Empowerment Program. A parent support system based on the Positive Parenting Program: Triple P: Build stronger relationships with your teen; Deal calmly with conflict and emotional outbursts; Equip teens to handle life’s problems; Prepare teens for risky situations. For more information contact: 786-243-2328.
- Money Smart Management for Young Adults Program – FREE Students will learn the essentials of financial education:The basics of bank services, the importance of saving, smart money management, using credit responsibly, investing, wealth building, avoiding identity theft, paying for college, and more. Eligibility Requirements: Ages 15-22; Attend six (6) weeks of classes; Income requirements. Students who complete the program will receive: A Certificate; Tablet; $100 to open a bank account.
- Be Bold. Be Heard. Miami Speaker’s Bureau If you are a person living with HIV/AIDS and would like to learn the tools of public speaking and storytelling – join the Miami Speaker’s Bureau today. Educate, inspire, and empower others.
- Free Professional Development Workshops at Survivors’ Pathway
Webinars & E-Learning Classes
2019 SF SE AETC
- South Florida Southeast AIDS Education & Training Center Program (SF SE AETC)
- December 11: Webcast Wednesday: Perspectives in Tele-behavioral Health
- December 12: Biomedical Interventions to Prevent HIV Transmission Webcast
- December 16: Multicultural Mondays – Interdisciplinary approach to ending the HIV epidemic: Identifying goals and measuring success in Ethnic Populations
- December 18: Introduction to Tele-Behavioral Health Part 3
- TargetHIV Calendar – Tools for HRSA’s Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program
- The Integrated HIV/AIDS Planning Technical Assistance Center (IHAP TAC) Webinars
- Online Course on PrEP Counseling for Transgender and Gender Non-Binary Clients
- Training on PrEP and Young Black MSM (Technical Assistance)
- ARTAS for Managers Series: Supporting the success of your linkage to care programs
- Free In-Person Training: In It Together: Improving Health Literacy for Black MSM
- Live Webinars from Clinical Care Options’ Contemporary Management of HIV Series – Complimentary, CME/CE-Certified, Interactive Webinars on HIV Management
Want to promote your Training or Webinar?
Click here for details on posting to AIDSNET and the Community Newsletter.