HIV.gov Services Locator
Ryan White Program & Non-Ryan White Program Services
Training & Webinars
Local Training & Lectures
- Parenting Classes at Family Resource Center of South Florida, Inc., 1393 SW 1st Street Miami, FL 33135 or 16090 SW 293 Drive Homestead, FL 33033. English, Spanish & Creole. 16 week course. All Dependency Court-required parenting program elements are part of this program . . .
- Family Empowerment Program Mexican-American Council presents: Family Empowerment Program. A parent support system based on the Positive Parenting Program: Triple P: Build stronger relationships with your teen; Deal calmly with conflict and emotional outbursts; Equip teens to handle life’s problems; Prepare teens for risky situations. For more information contact: 786-243-2328.
- Money Smart Management for Young Adults Program – FREE Students will learn the essentials of financial education:The basics of bank services, the importance of saving, smart money management, using credit responsibly, investing, wealth building, avoiding identity theft, paying for college, and more. Eligibility Requirements: Ages 15-22; Attend six (6) weeks of classes; Income requirements. Students who complete the program will receive: A Certificate; Tablet; $100 to open a bank account.
- Be Bold. Be Heard. Miami Speaker’s Bureau If you are a person living with HIV/AIDS and would like to learn the tools of public speaking and storytelling – join the Miami Speaker’s Bureau today. Educate, inspire, and empower others.
- Free Professional Development Workshops at Survivors’ Pathway
Webinars & E-Learning Classes
- October 17: Advocacy & Policy: The Building Blocks for the Future Many nonprofits were created to address issues in a community. Most don’t realize how important and how powerful advocating for resources are for their clients. This introductory webinar will help you understand the importance of advocating and speaking up for your clients and your organization’s mission. Devin will discuss the dos and the don’ts in advocacy. Describe what is advocacy and tools and strategies for developing good plans for advocating for their clients.
- October 31: Marketing Strategies for Sustainable Client Recruitment and HIV Services Primary Care Development Corp. Sustainable Strategies for RWHAP Community Organizations initiative is a three-year, U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)-funded cooperative agreement. The goal of this National Training (T) and Technical Assistance (TA) program is to support ASOs and CBOs in increasing their capacity to improve engagement and retention of People Living with HIV in care by enhancing service models or partnering with service providers within the health care system.
E-Summit is an online conference held as a series of webinars during the month of October. This annual project began in 2015 as an LGBT health initiative by LGBT HealthLink, a program of CenterLink.
- October 2: Considerations for Transgender Healthcare: Community and Provider Perspectives
- October 4: Health Consequences of Weight-Based Victimization among Sexual and Gender Minority Youth
- October 10: Building Capacity to be More Client-Centered and Trauma-Informed
- October 22: Why Do E-cigs Matter in LGBTQ+ Communities?
2019 SF SE AETC
- South Florida Southeast AIDS Education & Training Center Program (SF SE AETC)
- October 14: Multicultral Mondays: Impact of HIV on Latinx Communities and the Challenges of PrEP Implementation
- October 16: Webcast Wednesday: Heptober – (Tentative Title)
- October 23: Webcast Wednesday: Heptober – HIV/HCV Outbreak Response in WV, Harm Reduction
- October 28: Multicultral Mondays: Trastornos de salud mental en la comunidad latinX (SPANISH)
- October 28: UNC CFAR Webinar Series: What role can International Cores play in supporting CFARs?
- October 30: Webcast Wednesday: Heptober – (Tentative Title)
- November 6: Webcast Wednesday: Harm Reduction Initiative in KY: Lessons Learned
- November 11: Multicultral Mondays: Diabetes updates in minority communities living with HIV
- TargetHIV Calendar – Tools for HRSA’s Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program
- The Integrated HIV/AIDS Planning Technical Assistance Center (IHAP TAC) Webinars
- Online Course on PrEP Counseling for Transgender and Gender Non-Binary Clients
- Training on PrEP and Young Black MSM (Technical Assistance)
- ARTAS for Managers Series: Supporting the success of your linkage to care programs
- Free In-Person Training: In It Together: Improving Health Literacy for Black MSM
- Live Webinars from Clinical Care Options’ Contemporary Management of HIV Series – Complimentary, CME/CE-Certified, Interactive Webinars on HIV Management
Want to promote your Training or Webinar?
Click here for details on posting to AIDSNET and the Community Newsletter.