Where can I get tested for HIV?
Free and reduced cost HIV testing is widely available. Visit one of these websites to find a location near you:
Am I eligible for the Ryan White Program?
For most services, individuals must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be HIV positive or have AIDS
- Have an income that does not exceed 400% of the Federal Poverty Level
- Be a current/permanent resident of Miami-Dade County
How do I apply for Ryan White Program services?
The best way to access services is to contact an agency that provides medical case management. Your medical case manager will collect documentation from you to determine if you are eligible for services. Listed below are some of the documents you will be asked to bring to that appointment. Contact the agency directly for required documents.
- Proof of HIV
- Proof of income
- Proof of current/permanent residency in Miami-Dade County
Who selects my health care providers?
- The choice of health care providers within the Ryan White Part A and Minority AIDS Initiative (MAI) network is your decision.
What are my rights and responsibilities as a Ryan White Program client?
- Access to care and service
- Respect, dignity and consideration
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Clear information about your condition and involvement in developing your plan of care
- Involvement in decision making
- Names of your caregivers and service providers
- Consultation with other medical specialist
- Refusal of treatment and/or services
- Correct, truthful and complete information, as requested
- Keep appointments or cancel no later than 24 hours in advance
- Compliance with medications
- Compliance with agency rules and regulations
- Knowledge of program requirements and restrictions
Who can I contact for Ryan White services outside Miami-Dade County?
- Broward Regional Health Planning Council
- Palm Beach County HIV Care Council
- HIV Health Services Planning Council (Orlando)
- Metropolitan Jacksonville Area HIV Health Services Planning Council
- West Central Florida Ryan White Care Council (Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties)
Who should I contact if I have trouble getting services?
- Miami-Dade County Office of Grants Coordination, Ryan White Program
- Behavioral Science Research, Continuous Quality Improvement Program
What other resources are available?
- Florida HIV/AIDS Hotline (800) FLA-AIDS
800-FLA-AIDS (352-2437) English
800-545-SIDA (545-7432) Spanish
800-AIDS-101 (243-7101) Creole
- See Community Notices for additional resources links
Who can I contact for Ryan White services outside Florida?
- The Phoenix EMA Ryan White Planning Council (Arizona)
- Collaborative Community Planning Council Oakland TGA (Serving Alameda and Contra Costa Counties) (California)
- Commission on HIV (Los Angeles) (California)
- Inland Empire HIV Planning Council (California)
- Orange County Health Care Agency HIV Planning and Coordination Council (California)
- Sacramento TGA – HIV Health Services Planning Council (California)
- San Diego HIV Health Planning Council (California)
- San Francisco HIV Health Services Planning Council (California)
- Santa Clara County HIV Planning Council (California)
- The Sonoma County Commission on AIDS (California)
- Denver HIV Resources Planning Council (Colorado)
- Greater Hartford Ryan White Title I Planning Council (Connecticut)
- New Orleans Regional AIDS Planning Council (Louisiana)
- Portland Area HIV Services Planning Council (Maine)
- Greater Baltimore HIV Health Services Planning Council (Maryland)
- Boston Planning Council (Massachusetts)
- Southeastern Michigan HIV/AIDS Council (Michigan)
- Minnesota HIV Services Planning Council (Minnesota)
- Kansas City Transitional Grant Area (TGA) Comprehensive HIV Prevention and Care Planning Council (Missouri)
- Metro St. Louis HIV Health Services Planning Council (Missouri)
- Las Vegas TGA Ryan White Part A HIV/AIDS Program (Nevada)
- Cumberland County HIV Services Planning Council (New Jersey)
- HIV Health Services Planning Council: Middlesex–Somerset–Hunterdon (New Jersey)
- Newark EMA HIV Health Services Planning Council (New Jersey)
- Paterson–Passaic County–Bergen County HIV Health Services Planning Council (New Jersey)
- Dutchess County HIV Health Services Planning Council (New York)
- New York HIV Health and Human Services Planning Council of New York (New York)
- Cuyahoga Regional HIV Services Planning Council (Ohio)
- Office of HIV Planning/Philadelphia (Pennsylvania)
- Memphis Area Ryan White Planning Council (Tennessee)
- Houston Area HIV Services Ryan White Planning Council (Texas)
- Ryan White Planning Council of the Dallas Area (Texas)
- San Antonio Area HIV Health Services Planning Council (Texas)
- Greater Hampton Roads HIV Health Services Planning Council, Ryan White Part A Norfolk, Virginia TGA (Virginia)
- Metropolitan Washington Regional Health Services Planning Council (Washington, DC)