Who We Are
Our members are people living with HIV/AIDS, care givers, Ryan White Program service providers, government representatives and community members.
Our vision is to eliminate disparities and improve health outcomes for all people living with or at risk for HIV/AIDS.
What We Do
- Bring knowledge and expertise on financing, developing and managing special need and affordable housing to the Partnership
- Conduct a yearly needs assessment for continuum of housing and housing-related services for PLWHA, with the support of, and in cooperation with, the HOPWA grantee (the City of Miami)
- Engage key policymakers and stakeholders from both the public and private sectors in identifying resources and solutions to housing and housing-related service needs of PLWHAs
- Coordinate planning efforts to address housing and housing-related services for PLWHAs
- Provide annual priorities, funding and policy recommendations to the HOPWA grantee for the use of HOPWA funds
- Identify additional resources and leverage opportunities to expand available housing for PLWHAs in Miami-Dade County
Homeless Assistance & Prevention
- Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA) Program This link provides information on the HOPWA Program in Miami-Dade County. HOPWA is run through the Office of Community Development in the City of Miami. HOPWA has three programs: 1) Long Term Rental Assistance (LTRA); 2) Project Based; and 3) Short Term Rental, Mortgage, and Utility (STRMU). The LTRA and Project Based programs are not taking applications at this time.
- Homeless Trust This link provides information on homeless assistance in Miami-Dade County.
- National Call Center for Homeless Veterans This link provides national information on homeless assistance for veterans.
- Habitat for Humanity This program offers home ownership opportunities to low-income individuals.
Housing Assistance Network of Dade (HAND) Program
These links provide information on the Housing Assistance Network of Dade Program which provides housing-related temporary assistance to prevent homelessness.
- State of Florida: Florida Housing Locator Services Links Households with Affordable Rental Units This link provides a free place to list and find affordable housing throughout the State of Florida.
- Miami-Dade County: Housing Central This link provides a free place to list and find affordable housing within Miami-Dade County.
- Florida’s Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) This link provides information on utility assistance programs in Miami-Dade County.
How You Can Help
Membership is open to people living with HIV or AIDS and other individuals. Apply Today!
Earlier agendas are available by request.
Earlier minutes are available by request.