Who We Are
Our members are people living with HIV/AIDS, care givers, Ryan White Program service providers, government representatives and community members.
Our vision is to eliminate disparities and improve health outcomes for all people living with or at risk for HIV/AIDS.
What We Do
- Bring knowledge and expertise on financing, developing and managing special need and affordable housing to the Partnership
- Conduct a yearly needs assessment for continuum of housing and housing-related services for PLWHA, with the support of, and in cooperation with, the HOPWA grantee (the City of Miami)
- Engage key policymakers and stakeholders from both the public and private sectors in identifying resources and solutions to housing and housing-related service needs of PLWHAs
- Coordinate planning efforts to address housing and housing-related services for PLWHAs
- Provide annual priorities, funding and policy recommendations to the HOPWA grantee for the use of HOPWA funds
- Identify additional resources and leverage opportunities to expand available housing for PLWHAs in Miami-Dade County
Homelessness & Housing Resources
Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA)
The HOPWA Program is run through the Office of Community Development in the City of Miami. HOPWA has three programs:
- HOPWA Tenant Based Rental Assistance
- Short Term Rental, Mortgage, and Utility (STRMU) For persons living with HIV and at risk of losing current housing.
- Project Based Not taking applications at this time.
- Homeless Trust Website
- Homeless Trust Directory of Services-A Community Resource Guide for the Homeless of Miami-Dade
- HOMELESS HELPLINE 1-877-994-4357
Housing Assistance Network of Dade (HAND) Program
These links provide information on the Housing Assistance Network of Dade Program which provides housing-related temporary assistance to prevent homelessness.
- HOPE Fall 2019 Newsletter
- HOPE Summer 2019 Newsletter
- HOPE Spring 2019 Newsletter
- HOPE Winter 2018-2019 Newsletter
- HOPE Fall 2018 Newsletter
- National Call Center for Homeless Veterans Information on homeless assistance for veterans.
- Habitat for Humanity This program offers home ownership opportunities to low-income individuals.
- The HIV, Housing & Employment Project The HIV, Housing, and Employment Project supports the design, implementation, and evaluation of innovative interventions that coordinate HIV care and treatment, housing, and employment services to improve HIV health outcomes for low-income, uninsured, and underserved people living with HIV.
- Emergency Funds – Catholic Charities – Accepting applications for emergency rent, mortgage, utilities assistance & food vouchers.
- Fondos Emergentes – Catholic Charities – Estamos aceptando aplicaciones para asistencia emergente de renta, hipoteca, utilidades & voucher de comida.
- Low Income Energy Assistance (LIHEAP) Program Utility Assistance in Miami-Dade County.
- Affordable Housing Resources Miami-Dade County Public Housing and Community Development – Affordable rental housing resources.
- Housing Central – Housing Locator A free place to list and find affordable housing within Miami-Dade County.
- Florida Housing Locator Service A free place to list and find affordable housing throughout the state of Florida.
How You Can Help
Membership is open to people living with HIV or AIDS and other individuals. Apply Today!
- February 20, 2020
- January 16, 2020
- November 21, 2019
- October 17, 2019
- September 19, 2019
- July 18, 2019
- March 21, 2019
Earlier agendas are available by request.
Earlier minutes are available by request.