Who We Are
- Chair: James Powell
- Vice-Chair: James Ausborn
- Staff Support: Marlen Meizoso
Our members are people living with HIV/AIDS, care givers, service providers, government representatives and community members.
Our vision is to eliminate disparities and improve health outcomes for all people living with or at risk for HIV/AIDS.
What We Do
- Bring knowledge and expertise on financing, developing and managing special need and affordable housing to the Partnership
- Conduct a yearly needs assessment for continuum of housing and housing-related services for PLWHA, with the support of, and in cooperation with, the HOPWA grantee (the City of Miami)
- Engage key policymakers and stakeholders from both the public and private sectors in identifying resources and solutions to housing and housing-related service needs of PLWHAs
- Coordinate planning efforts to address housing and housing-related services for PLWHAs
- Provide annual priorities, funding and policy recommendations to the HOPWA grantee for the use of HOPWA funds
- Identify additional resources and leverage opportunities to expand available housing for PLWHAs in Miami-Dade County
HOMELESS ASSISTANCE/HOMELESS PREVENTION
This link provides information on homeless assistance in Miami-Dade
This link provides national information on homeless assistance for veterans
This link provides information on the Housing Assistance Network of Dade program which provides housing related temporary assistance to prevent homelessness.
STATE OF FLORIDA
This link provides a free place to list and find affordable housing throughout the State of Florida.
This link provides a free place to list and find affordable housing within Miami-Dade County.
HOUSING OPPORTUNITIES PROGRAM WITH AIDS (HOPWA)
This link provides information on the HOPWA program in Miami-Dade County. The program is run through the Office of Community Development in the City of Miami. HOPWA has three programs Long Term Rental Assistance (LTRA), Project Based, and Short Term Rental, Mortgage, and Utility (STRMU). The LTRA and Project Based programs are not taking applications at this time.
This link provides information on utility assistance programs in Miami-Dade
AFFORDABLE RENTAL HOUSING RESOURCES
This link is to the County’s Public Housing and Community Development page which contains some affordable rental housing resources towards the bottom of the page which are updated regularly.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
This program offers home ownership opportunities to low-income individuals. See link and information below for details.
Membership is open to people living with HIV or AIDS and other individuals. Apply Today!
Earlier agendas are available by request.
Earlier minutes are available by request.