Strategic Planning Committee
Who We Are
- Chair: Matilde Zayas, Ph.D.
- Vice-Chair: Brian O’Donnell
- Staff Support: Christina Bontempo
Our members are people living with HIV/AIDS, Ryan White Program and other HIV/AIDS service providers, government representatives and community members. Our vision is to eliminate disparities and improve health outcomes for all people living with or at risk for HIV/AIDS.
What We Do
On October 15, 2013, the Miami-Dade HIV/AIDS Partnership (the Partnership) appointed the Strategic Planning Committee to establish a 12-month workgroup that will identify the needs of the HIV affected community in south Miami-Dade and address the lack of Ryan White services in that area.
On November 10, 2014, the Partnership voted to extend the South Miami-Dade HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment Needs Workgroup for another year, commencing on February 6, 2015.
All suggestions and feedback from, and work of, the workgroup must be presented first to the Strategic Planning Committee for review, and then to the Partnership for approval.
- Guide and oversee the implementation of the Miami-Dade County Comprehensive Plan for HIV/AIDS objectives, including periodic progress reports to the community and the Partnership
- Develop an annual report for the Miami-Dade County Mayor and Miami-Dade County Board of County Commissioners, describing the Partnership′s activities and the state of the epidemic in Miami-Dade County
- Develop an annual administrative assessment
- Draft recommendations and react to legislative and regulatory issues regarding funding, policies and rule changes related to HIV/AIDS and Ryan White Program reauthorization
Membership is open to people living with HIV or AIDS and other individuals. Apply Today!
Earlier agendas are available by request
Earlier minutes are available by request.