Join the Partnership!
The Miami-Dade HIV/AIDS Partnership (Partnership) is the advisory board for HIV/AIDS to the Miami-Dade County Mayor and the MDC Board of County Commissioners.
In addition to the advisory board, the Partnership is comprised of five (5) committees and one (1) subcommittee.
If you meet the qualifications for membership, you are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications for Membership
Members must have a reputation of integrity and community service, and possess the knowledge, skills and expertise relevant to the position for which they are applying and, as applicable, be currently employed in the field of expertise they wish to represent. Members must be committed to working toward the Partnership’s vision: To eliminate disparities and improve health outcomes for all people living with or at risk for HIV/AIDS.
Miami-Dade HIV/AIDS Partnership Qualifications
- Devote at least four (4) hours per month to Partnership and committee activities;
- Be a resident of and a registered voter in Miami-Dade County (MDC) (some seats are exempt from this requirement);
- Agree to undergo a criminal background check conducted by the Office of the Mayor of MDC; and
- Complete additional training and Partnership and County documents and forms as required.
Committee or Subcommittee Qualifications
- Devote at least three (3) hours per month to committee activities;
- Be a resident of and a registered voter in Miami-Dade County; and
- Complete additional training and Partnership and County documents as required.
- Representatives of the Affected Community
- Member representatives of affected communities that include individuals with HIV disease, who are not affiliated or employed by a Part A funded provider and are recipients of Part A services, and historically underserved groups and subpopulations that reflect the demographics of the population within the EMA
- Representative Co-infected with Hepatitis B or C
- Click here to apply for a Representatives of the Affected Community Seat
- General Seats
- Federally Recognized Indian Tribe Representative: Representative of a federally recognized Indian tribe as represented in the population from the affected community
- Mental Health Provider Representative
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools Representative
- Non-Elected Community Leader, not an HIV provider: Non-elected community leader who does not provide HIV related health care services subject to funding under the Partnership programs
- Click here to apply for a General Seat
This committee conducts outreach on behalf of the Partnership and recruits, pre-screens, and recommends new members for appointment to the Partnership.
This committee conducts the annual needs assessment, reviews Ryan White Part A/MAI standards of care and sets and recommends Ryan White Part A/MAI Program service and funding priorities to the Partnership.
Medical Care Subcommittee
This subcommittee of the Care and Treatment Committee reviews the Ryan White Prescription Drug Formulary and medical treatment guidelines for the Ryan White Part/MAI Program.
This committee works with the City of Miami HOPWA program to address housing challenges for people with HIV.
Strategic Planning Committee
This committee works on drafting, implementing, and monitoring Miami-Dade’s Integrated HIV Prevention & Care Plan; produces an annual report on HIV/AIDS in MDC, and evaluates the Ryan White Part A/MAI Program administration. Works jointly with the Prevention Committee as the Joint Integrated Plan Review Team and the Joint Ending the HIV Epidemic Team.
This committee works with the Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County to address HIV/AIDS prevention challenges. Works jointly with the Strategic Planning Committee as the Joint Integrated Plan Review Team and the Joint Ending the HIV Epidemic Team.