- Take the survey!* The U.S. Trans Survey (USTS) is the largest survey of trans people in the United States. The USTS documents the lives and experiences of trans people in the U.S. and U.S. territories. To learn more about the USTS, please visit: https://www.ustranssurvey.org*
- Equality Florida – Florida Transgender Resource Guide Featuring South Florida Resources:
- Mental Health Therapists
- Primary Care Providers
- Education/Community Support
- Gender Expression
- Legal, Insurance, Support Centers & Social Groups, Surgery, & Vocal Coaching
- 2022 US Trans Survey Resources
- Suicide & Crisis Lifeline* (Formerly The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline); Call or text 988, or call 1 (800) 273-TALK (8255). For TTY users: Use your preferred relay service or dial 711 then 988.
- Trans Lifeline Hotline* (Peer Support Phone Service Run By Trans People For Trans And Questioning Peers); Call (877) 565-8860;
- Sage LGBTQ+ Elder Hotline* (Connects LGBTQ+ Older People Who Want To Talk With Friendly Responders Who Are Ready To Listen); Call (877) 360-LGBT (5428)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline*; Call (800) 656-HOPE (4673)
- The Trevor Project* (Provides 24/7 Crisis Support Services To LGBTQ Young People); Call (866) 488-7386 or text 678678
- Veterans Crisis Line* (For Veterans, Military Personnel, And Their Families); Call 988 and Press 1, or text 838255
- CDC Awards Funding for Transgender Status-Neutral Community-to-Clinic Models to End the HIV Epidemic* (HIV.gov – July 13, 2022) At the end of June, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) awarded a total of $2 million in first-year funding to four organizations to develop models for community-to-clinic, status-neutral HIV prevention and care services for transgender persons. Click here* to read the complete HIV.gov blog post. The four funding recipients are:
- St. John’s Community Health in Los Angeles, CA
- Care Resource Community Health Center in Miami, FL
- Callen-Lorde Community Health Center in New York, NY
- Whitman-Walker Health in Washington, DC
- Fenway Health* advocates for and delivers innovative, equitable, accessible health care, supportive services, and transformative research and education. We center LGBTQIA+ people, BIPOC individuals, and other underserved communities to enable our local, national, and global neighbors to flourish. #TransYouthMatter*
- Dear Colleague Letter: Gender-Affirming Care in the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program* (hab.hrs.gov) Transgender people with HIV are a priority for HRSA’s HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB). While viral suppression rates among transgender clients receiving medical care in the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) are higher than the national non-RHWAP average, we understand that the transgender community faces unique barriers in HIV care. . .
- Positive Action for Latinx Men Responding to the urgency of the epidemic and direct community requests, ViiV Healthcare launched a series of seed grants in 2018 to provide support to the community. Positive Action for Latinx Men is a community-giving initiative that supports Latinx gay, bisexual, queer and trans men.
- White House.gov A Proclamation on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Pride Month, 2021
- Report on HIV Infection, Risk, Prevention, and Testing Behaviors Among Transgender Women A new CDC report found that four in 10 transgender women surveyed in seven major U.S. cities have HIV. The report is one of the most comprehensive surveys of transgender women in the United States to date.
- Legal Assistance for the Transgender Community at Legal Services of Greater Miami*
- Contact www.legalservicesmiami.org* or (305) 576-0080.
- Housing Discrimination: If you live in Miami-Dade County and are being discriminated against by a landlord because you are transgender, you may qualify for free legal assistance.
- Legal Name Change: If you are a transgender individual living in Miami-Dade County and need a legal name change, you may qualify for free legal assistance.
- Project Access Foundation, Inc.* A nonprofit Community Health Center delivering Primary Care and Comprehensive HIV Prevention services at four (4) locations throughout Miami-Dade. Ryan White, private/commercial health plans are accepted, sliding fee scale is available. LGBTQ Friendly and a Transgender Safe Space! Email Angel Camacho for more information.
- Additional Resources
- Healthy People 2030: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health*
- CDC Report on HIV Partner Service Delivery Among Transgender Women (January 2020)*
- Trans in the South: A Guide to Resources and Services (2019)*
- CDC: HIV Prevention and Care for the Transgender Population (April 2020)*
- Healthcare.gov: Transgender Health Care* HealthCare.gov offers specific guidance for transgender people when: Applying for Marketplace coverage; seeking sex-specific preventive services; and identifying plans with transgender exclusions.
- National Coalition LGBT Health Website*
- HRSA’s Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program – Transgender: Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Clients (January 2020)
Want to promote LGBTQ+ Opportunities?
Click here for details on posting to AIDSNET and the Community Newsletter.
LGBTQ+ Community Partners
This page includes links to Ryan White Program and non-Ryan White Program funded services. Please contact your Medical Case Manager with questions about Ryan White Program eligibility.
By clicking links marked by an asterisk (*), you acknowledge you are leaving AIDSNET.org. We are not responsible for the content on these web sites.