- At-Home Self Testing Kits from Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County. Free at-home HIV testing for Miami-Dade County residents. Order your free at-home HIV test kit. Test yourself and find out your HIV status at no cost to you and from the comfort of your home.
- Free At-Home HIV Testing HIV testing may look different, but it’s still available! To support expanded HIV testing options during COVID-19, Greater Than AIDS and Walgreens, along with OraSure Technologies, donated 10,000 OraQuick In-Home HIV Tests to community partners.
- KNOW YOUR HIV STATUS Empower U, Inc. At-Home HIV Testing – Test yourself and find out your HIV status at no cost to you and from the comfort of your home. Call 786-318-2337; Click here for the Empower U website.
- Project Access Foundation HIV Testing Know your Status! Get tested in the comfort of your own home. OraQuick rapid 20 minutes. Confidential. Safe. No blood. HIV Antibody test. Telemed with a counselor for more information and appointment. Pick up-drive thru-delivery Free HIV Home testing kits available. Call us 305–759-4778 or email email@example.com.
- Free Condoms! * Miami-Dade County residents that are 18 years old or older can place an online order to receive free condoms through the TestMiami website. A personal protection package will be mailed directly to their home that consists of male condoms, female condoms, lubricants, and dental dams.
Eye Exams and Eyeglasses
- Eye Care America for Seniors over 65 and for those in need of assistance for glaucoma.
- InfantSEE No Cost eye exams for infants 6-12 months.
- New Eyes Eyeglasses available based on need and a special application for people affected by COVID-19.
- Ryan White Program Subrecipients Community Health of South Florida – Optometry (limited services); Public Health Trust – Ophthalmology/Optometry; University of Miami -Ophthalmology/Optometry (limited services)
- Borinquen Medical Centers will soon be opening a Dental site in North Miami, at 12601 NE 7th Avenue, North Miami, FL 33161. Services include: Cleanings, Tooth Colored Fillings, Extractions, Root Canals, Crowns, Dentures, Emergency Services. Most insurance accepted. For uninsured, discount rates available. Dr. Michelle Soheil, Dental Director, (305) 576-6611.
- Resources for Dental Services for Low-Income Individuals and Families: Florida Department of Health Dental Clinic Community Smiles Dental Health Clinic
- How to Qualify for Social Security Disability With HIV/AIDS If you have a medical condition, such as HIV or AIDS, that keeps you from working, you may qualify for Social Security Disability benefits. The Social Security Administration (SSA) oversees two disability programs that provide monthly benefits to those who are disabled or have a serious and can no longer work full time. The SSA uses a medical guide, which is called the Blue Book, to determine eligibility. The Blue Book has a listing that applies to HIV/AIDS. To be approve with that listing, you must meet the specific criteria.
- Extended Hours at CAN Community Health: Click for details on dates and times of extended hours at the Miami Gardens and South beach locations.
- Optum Pharmacy The only nationally certified pharmacy with a dedicated HIV account management team. Optum provides: American Academy of HIV Medicine (AAHIVP)-certified pharmacists; A specially trained clinical HIV team; Financial assistance specialists that will exhaust all efforts to get funding; Multilingual capabilities; Prior authorization and appeals team; Clinical management program and consistent patient follow up to promote optimal outcomes. Click here for the Optum Pharmacy website.
- The Community Action and Human Services Department will provide Home Energy Bill Assistance to eligible Miami-Dade County residents effected by COVID-19* MIAMI ( July 21, 2020 ) — The Miami-Dade County Community Action and Human Services Department (CAHSD) through the federal Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is now providing COVID-19 Crisis Assistance to qualified Miami-Dade County residents who are experiencing a hardship in paying their home energy bill due to the pandemic.
- T.O.P.W.A. Facebook Page* We are all currently facing challenging times with the current pandemic. In efforts to still provide our TOPWA services to patients in need, we invite you to please share our current Facebook page to patients that can benefit from it. On the page, we are sharing information on local events, food drives, and COVID-19. In addition we will be having a virtual baby shower and raffling baby items. We want this Facebook page to bring new and existing moms a shine of hope during this pandemic.
This page includes links to Ryan White Program and non-Ryan White Program funded services. Please contact your Medical Case Manager with questions about Ryan White Program eligibility.
By clicking links marked by an asterisk (*), you acknowledge you are leaving AIDSNET.org. We are not responsible for the content on these web sites.