Women, Children & Students
- Scale It Up (SIU) Florida* is a youth-focused, community-based research consortium focused on promoting health equity among underserved youth populations in Florida through community-driven research, discovery, and innovation. We target HIV and other sexual health issues in adolescents and emerging adults (age 13-29) residing in Florida.
- Peer Navigation to Stable Housing and Other Support Services*
- Scale It Up Florida – Ethical Issues in Engaging Lost to Follow Up Youth In HIV Care and Research This Florida State University study aims to understand the perceptions of cultural and ethical issues in keeping youth in HIV care and engaging them in HIV research. This is an ongoing study and we are still seeking professional stakeholder participants. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- On September 13, 2021 Jessie Trice Community Health Systems announced three (3) Substance Abuse Residential Beds were available to women who are in need of Substance Abuse Treatment Services. Please contact (305) 725-9410 or JCNichols@jtchs.org for details.
- CDC’s New #ShesWell Initiative Aims to Increase PrEP Awareness among Women and Their Healthcare Providers* (HIV.gov) CDC’s Let’s Stop HIV Together (Together) campaign recently launched a new initiative called #ShesWell, which is focused on increasing awareness about Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) among women, building capacity among clinicians to prescribe PrEP to women who can benefit from it, and ultimately increasing PrEP use among women.
- DCF Program Updates: Changes to SNAP Household Monthly Benefit Allotments Florida is no longer in a State of Emergency, and per federal guidelines, as of August 1, 2021, Florida is no longer eligible to offer the maximum monthly allotments. As a result, beginning August 1, 2021, the calculation of SNAP eligibility and benefit amounts will be based on the household size, household gross income, and expenses paid.
- FIU Center for Children and Families
- Programs For Elementary-Aged Kids With Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Programas Descripción Para Niños De Primaria Con Trastorno Por Déficit De Atención E Hiperactividad (TDAH)
- (305) 348-1303
- Notifying the Health Department of HIV Positive Pregnant Women It is necessary for Miami-Dade County Health Department to be notified as soon as a pregnant woman’s HIV status is determined in order to ensure and help facilitate the coordination of her care. It is understood that your facility may be able to provide care to HIV infected women during pregnancy. However, it is the suggestion of the Department of Health and Miami-Dade County Health Department that all pregnant women in Miami-Dade County that are diagnosed with HIV receive specialized care through the UM PRIMM clinic (Perinatal Immunology) located at 1490 NW 10 Street, Miami, FL. There is also a suggestion for the HIV positive pregnant woman to receive TOPWA services (Targeted Outreach for Pregnant Women Act) through Borinquen Health Care.
- Free Family Wellness Programs (YWCA) for Women (2021)
- T.O.P.W.A. Borinquen Medical Centers Facebook Page* We are all currently facing challenging times with the current pandemic. In efforts to still provide our TOPWA services to patients in need, we invite you to please share our current Facebook page to patients that can benefit from it. On the page, we are sharing information on local events, food drives, and COVID-19. In addition we will be having a virtual baby shower and raffling baby items. We want this Facebook page to bring new and existing moms a shine of hope during this pandemic.
- Press Release: FDA Approves Expanded Indication for Truvada® for Reducing the Risk of Acquiring HIV-1 in Adolescents (May 2018)
This page includes links to Ryan White Program and non-Ryan White Program funded services. Please contact your Medical Case Manager with questions about Ryan White Program eligibility.
By clicking links marked by an asterisk (*), you acknowledge you are leaving AIDSNET.org. We are not responsible for the content on these web sites.