Women, Children & Students
This page includes links to Ryan White Program and non-Ryan White Program funded services. Please contact your Medical Case Manager with questions about Ryan White Program eligibility. By clicking links on this page, you acknowledge you are leaving AIDSNET.org. We are not responsible for the content on these web sites.
- Notifying the Health Department of HIV Positive Pregnant Women It is necessary for Miami-Dade County Health Department to be notified as soon as a pregnant woman’s HIV status is determined in order to ensure and help facilitate the coordination of her care. It is understood that your facility may be able to provide care to HIV infected women during pregnancy. However, it is the suggestion of the Department of Health and Miami-Dade County Health Department that all pregnant women in Miami-Dade County that are diagnosed with HIV receive specialized care through the UM PRIMM clinic (Perinatal Immunology) located at 1490 NW 10 Street, Miami, FL. There is also a suggestion for the HIV positive pregnant woman to receive TOPWA services (Targeted Outreach for Pregnant Women Act) through Borinquen Health Care.
- No One Cares More About Your Baby Than You *
- CDC, Women and HIV: Where We Are Going? *
- HHS Pediatric Antiretroviral Treatment Guidelines Updated *
- Free (or reduced cost) Women’s Health Services
- Supporting College Students Living with HIV Staying Emotionally & Physically Healthy While in School & Beyond *
- Press Release: FDA Approves Expanded Indication for Truvada® for Reducing the Risk of Acquiring HIV-1 in Adolescents
- Prevention Toolkits | Children’s Mental Health
- CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report: “Factors Contributing to Congenital Syphilis Cases — NYC, 2010–2016 *”
- New 2017 STD Surveillance Report Reveals Need for Improved Testing & Treatment for Pregnant Women *