Miami-Dade County Ryan White Program Resources
Click here for Miami-Dade County COVID-19 Community-Based Testing Sites Updated as of 5/21/2020
- In compliance with the Governor’s Executive Order 20-69, meetings are now being held virtually to protect the public and follow CDC guidelines regarding social distancing. Our first meeting is May 22. Click here for the June 2020 Calendar.
AAM SURVEYS for PARTNERSHIP MEMBERS and RWP SUBRECIPIENTS
- We still need your input!
- The Assessment of the Recipient Administrative Mechanism survey for Partnership Members and Ryan White Part A subrecipients were distributed.
- Contact Staff at email@example.com for the survey link.
ENDING THE HIV EPIDEMIC – Strategic Planning & Prevention Committees
Resources for People with HIV
LOCAL & NATIONAL RESOURCES
- May 28 & June 2: Walk Up Clinic for COVID-19 Testing – No Car Needed!
- UPDATED 05/11/20 Food Distribution Resources List of resources for food distribution in response to COVID-19. All information is subject to change. Please contact each site to confirm details and eligibility.
- Participants Needed! Miami COVID Cohort. Developing the Foundation for a Comprehensive Approach to COVID-19 (University of Miami)
- 2020 Census Your response to the 2020 Census matters! #GetCounted
- HRSA-Recommended COVID-19 Resources
- What You Need to Know About the New Coronavirus and HIV (From TheBody.org)
- COVID-19 COMMUNITY TESTING SITES (Updated 04/02/20) Update from CHI (04/06/20): There is NO fee associated with this test (completely free). Also there is no need to call ahead anymore this is open to the public and is first come first serve.
- May 28: Immigration Relief for Victims of Violence This discussion will focus on the immigration relief available to LGBTQ victims of violence. Provided in English and Spanish.
- Mondays at 10:00 AM Coffee and Conversations with LQBTQ – Community Support Connection
- Mondays at 11:00 AM Virtual Dance Workout with Thee Dinomite
- Mondays at 2:00 PM Chakradance™ A well-being movement practice. It uses spontaneous dance, to specific chakra-resonant music for healing and energy. Nelsy Rivas, Empowerment Coach
- Tuesdays at 1:00 PM Online Meditation Mindfulness Hour Benefits: General well-being, physical health, mental health, overall self-awareness. Nelsy Rivas, Empowerment Coach
- Thursdays at 5:00 PM LGBTQ Older Adults Online Happy Hour
- Remote Support & Social Groups Social distancing doesn’t mean social isolation
- AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) Regular hours of operation. Call (305) 643-7400. (Posted 03/19/20)
- Better Way Of Miami Regular hours of operation; restricting visitors. Call (305) 634-3409. (Posted 03/19/20)
- CAN Community Health Regular hours of operation. Call (786) 800-5631. (Posted 03/19/20)
- Care Resource Little Havana and Miami Beach facilities are open. Call for appointments: (305)576-1234. Call the COVID hotline, (786) 471-7201, which is staffed by an RN who can answer questions about the virus.
- Care 4 U Community Health Center Regular hours of operation; providing primary medical care, medical case management and integrated HIV testing; screenings taking place at the door. Clients only, no visitors. Call (305) 835-0101. (Posted 03/19/20)
- Citrus Health Network Certain locations open; screenings taking place at the door. Call (305) 424-3100. (Posted 03/19/20)
- Empower U Community Health Center
- Providing Outpatient Substance use via Zoom. (Posted 05/19/20)
- Offering telehealth appointments for our PCP’s and Mental health providers. (Posted 05/19/20)
- Operating Monday – Friday from 8 am to 5pm (during Covid-19 pandemic) Services: Primary medical care via telehealth, as well as by appointment, Medical Case Management, Mental Health Services via telehealth, HIV test, STDs test, HCV test and/or PrEP at Clinic location (screening before entering the clinic). Clients face to face only with appointments, please call or text us at (786)318-2337 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Address: 7900 NW 27th Avenue, Suite E-12 Miami, FL 33147-4909. (Posted 04/16/20)
- HOPWA Update re Tenant Based Rental Assistance: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the HOPWA Tenant based Rental Assistance Waiting List lottery is postponed indefinitely.
- Housing Opportunities Project for Excellence (HOPE), Inc. Physical offices are closed; please contact at (305) 651-4673 in Miami-Dade or (954) 567-0545 in Broward; April 3 and April 24 Fair Housing Month events are cancelled. (Posted 03/18/20)
- Jessie Trice Community Health System Regular hours of operation; screenings taking place at the door. Please call in advance: (305) 637-6400. (Posted 03/19/20)
- “Jessie Trice Community Health System continues with testing for COVID-19”
- Miami Beach Community Health Center is not charging patients for COVID-19 testing or any visit that resulted in the order for the test. Call (305) 538-8835. (Updated 05/15/20)
- New Hope C.O.R.P.S Regular hours of operation; screenings taking place at the door. Call (786)243-1003. (Posted 03/19/20)
- P.E.T Center Regular hours of operation; dental health care is provided to elective patients for emergencies only. No COVID-19 testing – clients will be referred to a testing site if showing flu-like symptoms. Call (305) 585-4200. (Posted 03/19/20)
- Project Access Foundation (PAF) offices are OPEN! Dr. Piperato and Associates at Biscayne Medical Center, 8000 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami 33138, (305) 749-4778 and Dr. Efrain Garcia, 3661 South Miami Avenue, # 702 & 107, Miami 33143, (786) 636-6187. M-F, 8AM-5PM. Telemedicine Primary care services available. For details, email email@example.com. (Posted 03/20/20)
- University of Miami Comprehensive AIDS Program Regular hours of operation. Call (305) 243-6535. (Posted 03/19/20)
Click here for Miami-Dade County COVID-19 Community-Based Testing Sites Updated as of 5/21/2020
- May 29: Mental Health and COVID-19 – Part IX: Trauma Part A: Vicarious Traumatization Among Care Providers and the General Public
- June 1-2: PACHA Convenes Virtually June 1 & 2 to Discuss COVID-19’s Impact on the HIV Response and the Ending the HIV Epidemic Initiative
- June 3: Webcast Wednesday: Using Adult Learning Principles to Create Effective Training
- June 3: Southeast Viral Hepatitis Interactive Case Conference: HCV-Related Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- COVID-19 Updates for HIV Providers: Capturing the Opportunity – Advanced Care Planning in the Time of COVID. Download and view the webinar
- QuizTime: Ending the HIV Epidemic with PrEP in 2020. QuizTime is an app developed by Vanderbilt University Medical Center, designed to help busy clinicians obtain CME. (through June 30)
- QuizTime: COVID-19 AETC activity for clinical providers (CME Credits available)
- Telehealth & COVID-19 Implications for HIV Care & Treatment (HealthHIV On Demand webcast)
- PrEP During COVID-19
- HRSA.gov Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
- Suspension of Viral Load Laboratory Result and CD4 Laboratory Result for ADAP – and Changes to Part A’s related rules
- HIV.gov Toolkit Highlights Ways to Improve HIV Outcomes through Data Sharing and Housing and Care Coordination
- Health Providers: Join the Telehealth Revolution (HIV.gov)
- HHS Awards $90 Million to Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Recipients for COVID-19 Response (HAB/HRSA) This week, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, through the Health Resources and Services Administration, awarded $90 million for Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program recipients across the country to prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- Ryan White Program Outreach Concerns
- Coronavirus Information for Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Recipients and Partners
FUNDING, EMPLOYMENT, RESOURCES
- Legal Services of Greater Miami COVID-19 Small Business Legal Clinic These advice and counsel clinics are an opportunity for Florida’s small businesses and non-profits who have suffered adversely from the impact of the COVID-19 crisis to receive free legal advice during a 45-minute remote consultation with a volunteer attorney.
- COVID-19 Claims Reimbursement to Health Care Providers and Facilities for Testing and Treatment of the Uninsured
Providers who have conducted COVID-19 testing or provided treatment for uninsured individuals with COVID-19 on or after February 4, 2020 can begin the process to file claims for reimbursement for testing and treating the uninsured. (HRSA.gov)
HRSA Funding Opportunities
- HRSA-20-112: Reducing Stigma at Systems, Organizational, and Individual Client Levels in the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program. Pre-application webinar Tuesday, May 5; applications due June 8, 2020.
- HRSA-20-113: Building Capacity to Implement Rapid Antiretroviral (ART) Initiation for Improved Care Engagement – Evaluation and Technical Assistance Provider. Applications due June 15, 2020.
- HRSA-20-114: Building Capacity to Implement Rapid Antiretroviral (ART) Initiation for Improved Care Engagement – Implementation Sites. Applications due June 15, 2020.
- HRSA-20-115: Improving Care and Treatment Coordination: Focusing on Black Women with HIV – Evaluation and Technical Assistance Provider. Applications due June 15, 2020.
- HRSA-20-116: Improving Care and Treatment Coordination: Focusing on Black Women with HIV – Demonstration Sites. Applications due June 15, 2020.
- The AHF Fund: COVID-19 Emergency Support Application Guidelines To support communities in the fight to stop the spread of COVID-19; To provide funding to not-for-profit and civil society organizations for their prompt COVID-19 responses; To cover a wide range of emergency needs, including but not limited to personal hygiene products; daily necessities; educational/awareness activities; and urgent operational needs.
- Miami Foundation Community Recovery Fund Accepting Nonprofit Interest Forms The Community Recovery Fund seeks to provide critical help to Miami-Dade nonprofits whose operations are severely impacted and supports their long-term recovery, resilience and financial stability. Deadline Date: Open
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loans The program provides cash-flow assistance through 100-percent federally guaranteed loans to employers who maintain their payroll during this emergency. Deadline Date: 06-30-2020
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program Grants will be made to 30,000 eligible small businesses in over 30 countries where they operate. Deadline Date: Open
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Loan Advance The SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan program provides small businesses with working capital loans of up to $2 million that can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing. Deadline Date: Open
- Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program The program is currently available to small business owners located in all Florida counties statewide that experienced economic damage as a result of COVID-19 . . . Deadline Date: 05-08-2020
- Reemployment Assistance If your employment has been negatively impacted as a result of the mitigation efforts in Florida to stop the spread of COVID-19, you may be eligible to receive Reemployment Assistance . . . Deadline Date: Open
- Miami Foundation Community Recovery Fund – Nonprofit Interest Forms The Community Recovery Fund seeks to provide critical help to Miami-Dade nonprofits whose operations are severely impacted and supports their long-term recovery, resilience and financial stability . . . Deadline Date: Open
Our vision is to eliminate disparities and improve health outcomes for all people living with or at risk for HIV/AIDS.
The Miami-Dade HIV/AIDS Partnership is an advisory board to the Miami-Dade County Mayor and Board of County Commissioners. We obtain input on community needs, set priorities and allocate funds for the Ryan White Part A/MAI Program. Our members plan for services and make recommendations to Ryan White Part B, General Revenue, and Housing Opportunities for People with AIDS programs.
Click the button below to share your comments, suggested improvements, and compliments about the Ryan White Program. All feedback is confidential.
The Clinical Quality Management (CQM) Program is a system-wide and agency level quality assessment, management and improvement program. Our mission is to assure equitable access to high-quality care; improve clinical outcomes; maximize collaboration of stakeholders and coordination of services; ensure high quality customer service; and ensure compliance with HRSA mandates.
Miami-Dade County Integrated HIV/AIDS Prevention and Care Plan, 2017-2021