The Partnership In Action!
- Community Coalition Roundtable Dinner Series The Community Coalition Roundtable is a committee of the Miami-Dade HIV/AIDS Partnership. All events are free and open to the public. Roundtable discussions are part of our regular recruitment meetings. Dinner will be served. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or (305) 445-1076.
- September 25: Understanding Gender Identity, Sexual Identity, and HIV
- Join the Partnership! Click here to get started!
HIV Awareness Days
- HIV.gov Awareness Days Calendar*
- September 18: National HIV/AIDS Aging Awareness Day*
- September 27: National Gay men’s HIV/AIDS Awareness Day*
- October 15: National Latinx AIDS Awareness Day*
- Latino Commission on AIDS NLAAD 20th Anniversary: Add your NLAAD 2023 Event* Request NLAAD Posters! Request HIV Testing Kits! NLAAD 2023: www.nlaad.org. We would love to celebrate our 20th anniversary with as many events as possible. To those partners who joined us in the past at any time of these 20 years, come back, join us again and let’s work together in creating awareness among our community, promoting testing, prevention and adherence to treatment. To those who hear from us and about us for the first time, join us this is an incredible cause, we can all work towards addressing the health disparities that affect our community and to end the HIV epidemic by reducing the incidence of new cases per year by 95%, by 2030.
- HIV Diagnoses among U.S. Hispanics: Trends and Inequities Hispanic Equity Briefs (September 2023) Institute for Latinx Health Equity and Latino Commission on AIDS. Over the past decades, state and local HIV prevention efforts, including Ending the Epidemic strategies, led to notable reductions in new HIV diagnoses across various subpopulations. However, this progress has been uneven. In some states, the number of new diagnoses has decreased more slowly for Hispanics compared to the whole population . . .
- December 1: World AIDS Day*
- December 2: CHI World AIDS Day Awareness Walk at Demps Park Vision for the Walk: Teams of walkers (minimum 5 per team) from organizations; schools, citizen groups; government and elected official’s offices; family, friends, and neighbors. Teams are encouraged to create a team t-shirt with a HIV prevention message. Displays around the track telling the stories of those living with HIV/AIDS and those lost to AIDS. Speakers, testimonials, entertainers sharing the message that HIV is preventable and treatable.
- Gilead HIV Social Media Toolkit for HIV Awareness Days*
New! Service Provider Events Calendars
- Empower U Community Health Center* Empower U is in your community! Find HIV testing events; Farm Share food distribution; Back to School events, wellness fairs, and more!
- Does your organization have an online events calendar? Send the link to email@example.com.
- August 25: Speakers’ Bureau Meeting Friday, August 25th from 2:00-4:00 at Care Resource 3510 Biscayne Blvd Miami, Florida 33137. This will be a fun one! We will be discussing our role in World Aids Day and going out into the community with our Role Model Stories. We will also have very special guests from CVS Health who will be analyzing our individual drug regimens and possible drug reactions to watch out for. BRING YOUR MEDICATIONS WITH YOU! We’ve had several fruitful meetings so far and look forward to continuing to shape our Role Model Stories so that we can share them with our community! RSVP to Leo Martinez, Leonard.Martinez@flhealth.gov.
- 26 de Agosto: Fiesta de la Familia at Everglades Community Center – Juegos, Musica, Comida, Recursos para la salud y mucho mas, Regalos, Rifas, Arte y manualidades!
- August 30-September 1: Southeast AETC Regional Conference 2023* Join us for a 2.5 day VIRTUAL conference that will feature three tracks covering topics of interest to anyone who provides services along the HIV Care Continuum, including both clinical and non-clinical providers, in addition to those who see a low-volume of clients with HIV. Participants may claim up to 13 hours of continuing education credits for a variety of disciplines.
July – September 2023
- HIV Capacity Development Academy – Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County. Facilitators: Bolivar Nieto & Juliana Shapiro.
- July 21: FIRST SESSION Holistic Status Neutral Approach; The Importance of Testing and Care in Helping End the HIV Epidemic; HIV/STI 101
- August 18: SECOND SESSION Engagement in Care Part 1 and Part 2; Barriers, Consent & Communication
- September 15: THIRD SESSION Protocol Implementation Part 1 and Part 2; Cultural Sensitivity & Facilitation 101
- September 6-9: The 2023 United States Conference on HIV/AIDS (USCHA)*. Marriott Marquis in Washington, DC. This year’s theme is “A Love Letter to Black Women”.
- September 21 – 22: 12th Annual Transgender Medical Conference in Coral Gables* Theme: “Supporting Families” This year’s conference focuses on the needs of families while creating improved communication within care teams. Through education and support for and by licensed professionals (mental health providers, medical and nursing students, front line staff and those in ancillary health related fields) we seek to improve care for transgender and gender non-conforming people.
- October 13-15: Ujima Men’s Collective Living in the Light Conference* The Ujima Men’s Collective Conference 2023 is themed: Living in the Light. Early-bird registration open now and if you are interested in presenting the abstract application is online. The conference will be enlightening, entertaining and educational. There will be some Performer extraordinaire, Nhojjj, will return to share his amazing vocals. We have a new location on the Intracoastal for 2023, the Gallery One Doubletree Hotel. Register or submit abstract to www.ujimamen.net*. If you have any questions or if you want to be a sponsor or partner, please contact (954) 533-9139 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UPDATE! If you are interested in presenting at this year’s Annual Ujima Men’s Collective’s Living in the LIGHT Conference please submit an abstract. There are five areas for abstract submission: Leadership, Advocacy, Spirituality, Relationships, and Health & Wellness. We are seeking workshops, round tables, skits, videos, and other forms of presentations to impart and share your expertise.
- 2023 UM /JMH Adult Patient Education Program – Various Dates and Locations
- Adult Clinical Immunology Education Initiatives Every other TUESDAY at 10:30 AM. By appointment only (location may vary)
- Programa De Educación Clínica Para Adultos Las Clases en Español se ofrecen una vez al mes en el Edificio Clinical Research Center a las 10:30am. Lugar puede variar.
- Klas Yo Ap Fet Chak Lot Madi De 10:30 Matin. Sou randevou sèlman (kote ka varye).
- HIV/AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD’S), Tuberculosis (TB), And Sexual Minority Issues (GLBTQ+ Issues) Faith-Based Calendar Set Free Ministries through Jesus Christ of the Apostolic Faith Church, Inc. Flashlight of Hope, Inc. Elder George N. Gibson, Founder, Pastor, Chaplain, and CEO: (786) 488-2108 (Mobile) / E-Mail: SetFreeMinistriesChurch@yahoo.com or FlashlightofHope@yahoo.com.
- Various dates throughout 2023: Grief Awareness Support. Flashlight of Hope, Inc., Elder George N. Gibson, Founder, Pastor, Chaplain, and CEO, (786) 488-2108 (Mobile) / SetFreeMinistriesChurch@yahoo.com, FlashlightofHope@yahoo.com.
- International Association of Providers of AIDS Care (IAPAC) Adherence 2020* Pre-Conference recorded sessions available now. Including: What to Know about COVID-19, HIV, and Antiretrovirals; Managing Mental Health Conditions in a COVID-19 Context; Implementing HIV Telemedicine in a COVID-19 Environment; HIV, COVID-19, Inequities, and Community Resilience
- Legal Services of Greater Miami COVID-19 Small Business Legal Clinic* These advice and counsel clinics are an opportunity for Florida’s small businesses and non-profits who have suffered adversely from the impact of the COVID-19 crisis to receive free legal advice during a 45-minute remote consultation with a volunteer attorney.
Want to promote your Community Events?
Click here for details on posting to AIDSNET and the Community Newsletter.
Also see our
WEBINARS & TRAINING page for more exciting and enriching opportunities!
This page includes links to Ryan White Program and non-Ryan White Program funded services. Please contact your Medical Case Manager with questions about Ryan White Program eligibility.
By clicking links marked by an asterisk (*), you acknowledge you are leaving AIDSNET.org. We are not responsible for the content on these web sites.