Support Groups and Group Activities
Virtual & In-Person Support Groups & Group Activities
Listed alphabetically by service provider location
- Heads Up! Thursdays via Zoom! Borinquen Medical Centers: LIFE SKILLS Group for young adults 18–24-year old. In group, young adults will learn skills such as goal setting, effective communication, managing stress, decision making, money managing and building relationships. Contact (305) 576-6611 x 3102 or 3103 for details.
- Posted August 3, 2023: Ecumenical, Community Involvement Calendar; Major Religions; and In-Service Trainings & Presentations Prepared this for the Broward County Ecumenical (Interfaith) Council and Arcola Lakes Public Library. The ecumenical council consists of chaplains who work with at-risk youths and their families who come through the juvenile justice system. Krystal R. Powell, branch manager at Arcola Lakes Public Library, and I had a meeting about helping youths during the summer and promoting the programs at the library, including the bereavement support group. The HIV/AIDS community might want to get involved with Faith and Blue (F&B) in October and helping youths during the summer. F&B brings law enforcement, residents, businesses, professionals, and COMMUNITY BASED ORGANIZATIONS (CBO’s) together through the connections of local faith-based organizations. AIDS Service Organizations (ASO’s) will fall under the category of CBO’s.
- HIV/AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD’S), Tuberculosis (TB), And Sexual Minority Issues (GLBTQ+ Issues) Faith-Based Calendar Set Free Ministries through Jesus Christ of the Apostolic Faith Church, Inc. Flashlight of Hope, Inc. Elder George N. Gibson, Founder, Pastor, Chaplain, and CEO: (786) 488-2108 (Mobile) / E-Mail: SetFreeMinistriesChurch@yahoo.com or FlashlightofHope@yahoo.com. (Updated April 28, 2023)
- Every 3rd Wednesday of the Month: Good Grief! Bereavement Support Group Grieving the loss of loved ones is the beginning part of the healing process. Bereavement Support Group. Helping grieving families, significant others, and friends to cope with the loss of a loved one; Are you seeking answers to unresolved questions? Spiritual and Emotional Support in a nonjudgmental manner; Guest speakers, such as psychologists and thanatologists will be invited to speak at times. (Updated April 28, 2023)
- Educational Information On Health & Human Services
- Every 2nd Thursday of the Month, 1:30 PM – 5:30 PM, Main Library (In the Foyer Area), 101 West Flagler Street, Miami, Florida 33130 (Updated April 28, 2023)
- Every 4th Thursday of the Month, 3:30 PM – 7:30 PM, South Dade Regional Library, 10750 SW 211th Street, Cutler Bay, Florida 33189 (Updated April 28, 2023)
- Every Thursday: Join NAMI Miami-Dade for their Black Community Mental Wellness Peer Support Group meeting every Thursday of the month from 7PM to 8:30PM via Zoom. See attached for more information. Click here to register*.
- STS S.W.A.T. at Pridelines. Every 4th Saturday – Sisters with a Testimony Stop the Silence Ambassadors Speakers Group – supported by ViiV Healthcare. Paid opportunity! Click here for details.
- PPN Men’s Support Group at Pridelines. Every 4th Saturday. Dating, Disclosure, Family, Nutrition, Love, Life, Sex and More!
- PPN support group for women! Tuesdays via Zoom. “I am my sister’s keeper.”
- PPN support group for men! Thursdays via Zoom. “I got you, brother!”
- Support Group on Facebook: Contact Alecia at email@example.com or (305) 521-6966.
- Connect with Positive People Network via Social Media
- Apoyo y Comunidad para Personas Viviendo con VIH Temas muy interesantes para mantenerte informado, tales como nuevos tratamientos, nutrición, efectos secundarios, y otros mas. Todos los Martes para la comunidad hispanoparlante. De 1-2:30 PM
- Together We Thrive – Gay & Bi Men’s Roundtable A group for gay and bisexual men living with HIV who are seeking community, education, and support. This is a safe, affirming, and confidential space intended to help members thrive. Weekly meetings are being held in person on Tue. from 6:30-8 PP
- Support group for bilingual women* meets on the last Friday of Each month 12-1:30 PM.
- Free Counseling Services at Survivors’ Pathway
- Support Group for victims/survivors of domestic and sexual violence in Spanish. This group takes place the second Thursday of every month. (Posted 10/07/21)
- Support Group for LGBTQI community in Spanish. This group takes place the third Thursday of every month. (Posted 10/07/21)
- Support group for the Latino transgender community in Spanish. This group takes place the last Thursday of every month. (Posted 10/07/21)
- 2023 UM /JMH Adult Patient Education Program – Various Dates and Locations
- Adult Clinical Immunology Education Initiatives Every other TUESDAY at 10:30 AM. By appointment only (location may vary)
- Programa De Educación Clínica Para Adultos Las Clases en Español se ofrecen una vez al mes en el Edificio Clinical Research Center a las 10:30am. Lugar puede variar.
- Klas Yo Ap Fet Chak Lot Madi De 10:30 Matin. Sou randevou sèlman (kote ka varye).
- Tobacco Free Florida – Group Quit
- Las sesiones Group Quit de Tobacco Free Florida (en persona o virtuales) ahora ofrecen a Los participantes $50 – $125 en tarjetas de regalo por su participaci6n. Sesiones en persona o virtuales gratis y dirigidas por expertos para todos Los residentes de Florida, independientemente de la condici6n del seguro. Al completar la clase, Los participantes son elegibles para recibir terapia de reemplazo de nicotina gratis, incluyendo chicles, parches o pastillas.
- Tobacco Free Florida’s Group Quit Sessions (in-person or virtual) now offer participants $50 – $125 in gift cards for their attendance. Free, expert-led in-person or virtual sessions for all Florida residents, regardless of insurance status. Upon class completion, participants are eligible to receive free nicotine replacement therapy such as gum, patches or lozenges.
Want to promote your Support Groups?
Click here for details on posting to AIDSNET and the Community Newsletter.
This page includes links to Ryan White Program and non-Ryan White Program funded services. Please contact your Medical Case Manager with questions about Ryan White Program eligibility.
By clicking links marked by an asterisk (*), you acknowledge you are leaving AIDSNET.org. We are not responsible for the content on these web sites.