The Prevention Committee is a standing committee of the Miami-Dade HIV/AIDS Partnership. Our members are people with HIV, care givers, Ryan White Program service providers, government representatives and other community advocates. People with HIV are encouraged to join!
The Prevention Committee meets monthly for a stand-alone meeting or jointly with the Strategic Planning Committee.
Click here for calendars with details. All meetings are open to the public.
Join the Prevention Committee
Be part of the Ryan White Program decision-making team! People with HIV are always welcome to join!
Join the Partnership
Our members are appointed by the Mayor of Miami-Dade County to make decisions that improve the lives of more than 8,000 people served by the Ryan White Program in Miami-Dade County. Your participation matters!
- Complete this brief New Member Interest Form to get started!* (Survey Monkey)
Responsibilities and Activities
- Work jointly with the Strategic Planning Committee on development and monitoring of the Miami-Dade County Integrated HIV Prevention and Care Plan and Ending the HIV Epidemic
- Joint Integrated Plan Review Team (JIPRT)
- Joint Ending the HIV Epidemic Team (JEHE)
- The 2022-2026 Miami-Dade County Integrated HIV/AIDS Prevention and Care Plan
- NHAS: National HIV/AIDS Strategy Reference Sheet – What You Need to Know
- NHAS: Complete National HIV/AIDS Strategy for the United States 2022–2025
- Produce and evaluate an annual HIV Prevention Plan.
- Identify the technical assistance needs of community-based providers.
- Review available data and other information required to prioritize HIV prevention needs and collaborate with Miami Dade County Health Department, Office of HIV/AIDS.
- Assess existing community resources to determine the community’s capability to respond to the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
- Identify and prioritize unmet HIV/AIDS prevention needs within defined populations.
- Coordinate with the Care and Treatment Committee to ensure HIV services meet the needs of populations identified through prevention efforts.
|Meeting Date||Agenda||Minutes||Meeting Documents|
|June 29, 2023||Agenda||Meeting Documents|
|May 25, 2023||Agenda||Minutes||Meeting Documents|
|March 23, 2023||Agenda||Minutes||Meeting Documents|
|February 23, 2023||Agenda||Minutes||Meeting Documents|
|January 20, 2023||Agenda||Minutes||Meeting Documents|
|October 14, 2022||Agenda (JIPRT)||Meeting Documents|
|September 13, 2022||Agenda (JIPRT)||Minutes||Meeting Documents|
|August 8, 2022||Agenda (JIPRT)||Minutes||Meeting Documents|
|June 23, 2022||Agenda (JIPRT)||Minutes||Meeting Documents|
|May 9, 2022||Agenda (JIPRT)||Minutes||Meeting Documents|