PrEP, PEP & nPEP
PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) A comprehensive HIV prevention strategy that involves the daily use of antiretroviral medications to reduce the risk of HIV infection in HIV-negative individuals.
PEP (Post-Exposure Prophylaxis) Taking antiretroviral medicines (ART) after being potentially exposed to HIV to prevent becoming infected.
nPEP (Non-occupational Post-Exposure Prophylaxis) Short-term treatment started as soon as possible after high-risk non-occupational exposure to an infectious agent, such as HIV, hepatitis B virus (HBV), or hepatitis C virus (HCV).
COVID-19 PrEP Access Updates
- PrEP During COVID-19 (HIV.gov) The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) understands that its partners in HIV prevention are facing unprecedented challenges and demands as we continue to battle the COVID-19 pandemic together. CDC has developed guidance for providing PrEP when facility-based services and in-person patient-clinician contact is limited.
- HHS Seeks Vendor(s) to Distribute PrEP Medications as Part of Ready, Set, PrEP * (HIV.gov) The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) requires a vendor(s) to distribute pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) medications as part of a donation agreement between HHS and Gilead to provide PrEP medication at no cost for up to 200,000 individuals a year who are at risk for HIV and who are uninsured.
- Ready, Set, PrEP Expands Access to Medication to Prevent HIV * HRSA News December 3 – The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) today launched Ready, Set, PrEP, a national program that makes medications for pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), taken daily to prevent HIV, available at no cost to people without prescription drug insurance coverage.
- Online Course on PrEP Counseling for Transgender and Gender Non-Binary Clients * Available for continuing education credit until June 11, 2020.
- Training on PrEP and Young Black MSM (Technical Assistance) * CME/CNE Term of Approval: September 2020 – ANAC; September 2020 – IDSA/HIVMA
- FDA Approves Second Drug to Prevent HIV Infection as Part of Ongoing Efforts to End the HIV Epidemic *
- AIDSinfo HIV Prevention Consumer Fact Sheets: Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) *
- AIDSinfo HIV Prevention Consumer Fact Sheets: Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) *
- AIDSVu Adds 2017 State-Level Data Visualizing PrEP Users Across the U.S. *
- Sexual Assault: PEP is an Urgent Health Need *
- PrEPcost.org is Now Available for 2019 Individual Health Plans *
- NASTAD’s PrEPcost.org Training Video *
- New CDC Initiative Educates Providers about PrEP and PEP *
- CDC Discussions on Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis and Women: Summary *
- The Miami-Dade County PrEP/PEP Provider brochure
- PrEP Locator – www.preplocator.org *
- Medication Assistance Program and Co-Pay Programs for PrEP *
- HIV/STD and PrEP Website from the Free UHealth Clinic at Walgreens *
- PrEP Study at University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (Ft. Lauderdale)
PrEP & PEP Providers in Miami-Dade County
- Florida Department of Health PrEP Clinic *
- Borinquen Medical Center Specialty Care Center *
- Care Resource Community Health Center *
- Empower U Community Health Center *
- Miami Beach Community Health Center Stanley Myers Center *
- Project Access Foundation *
- University of Miami/JMH Adolescent Medicine Clinic *
- University of Miami Urgent Care *
This page includes links to Ryan White Program and non-Ryan White Program funded services. Please contact your Medical Case Manager with questions about Ryan White Program eligibility.
By clicking links marked by an asterisk (*), you acknowledge you are leaving AIDSNET.org. We are not responsible for the content on these web sites.