Miami-Dade County Integrated Plan for HIV/AIDS Prevention and Care Review Team
Who We Are
Co-chair: Sarah Kenneally, M.P.H.
Vice-Chair: Miguel Puente
Staff Support: Hardeep Singh
Our members are people living with HIV/AIDS, care givers, Ryan White Program service providers, government representatives and community members. Our vision is to eliminate disparities and improve health outcomes for all people living with or at risk for HIV/AIDS.
What We Do
On September 12, 2016, the Miami-Dade HIV/AIDS Partnership (the Partnership) approved the Miami-Dade County’s Integrated Plan for HIV/AIDS Prevention and Care for recommendation to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Health Resources Services Administration as the adopted integrated HIV/AIDS prevention and care plan for Miami-Dade County. This plan was reviewed by the Partnership’s Prevention Committee and Strategic Planning Committee, and it was presented to the community for feedback from January – March 2016.
The intended goals of the Integrated Plan are to:
- Ensure that individuals learn their HIV status and are linked to services that meet their unique needs (medical, supportive, prevention);
- Ensure that plans are comprehensive and promote coordination and linkage of services;
- Ensure planning reflects the diversity of the local epidemic;
- Assure meaningful involvement of People Living With HIV/AIDS in planning processes; and
- Assess effectiveness of plans and processes.
The Integrated Plan Review Team is composed of voting members of the Prevention Committee and the Strategic Planning Committee.
All suggestions and feedback from, and work of, the Integrated Plan Review Team must be presented to the Partnership for approval before implementation.
Additional information about the purpose and structure of the Integrated Plan Review Team and the development of the Integrated Plan can be found in this presentation.
Integrated Plan Review Team’s Responsibilities
- Review Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County’s and Ryan White Part A/MAI Program’s progress on implementing Integrated Plan activities, discuss difficulties or issues in implementation and recommend strategies.
- Identify areas where additional resources and/or better coordination may facilitate achievement of goals.
- Recommend modifications in performance goal levels, changes in or implementation of additional strategies and/or activities to meet NHAS objectives.