- HOPWA Tenant Based Rental Assistance Waitlist Announcement
- Medical Verification Form – Consent For Release & Exchange Of Information (Form A3) – CLICK HERE This form MUST be submitted along with a Housing Assistance Waitlist Application available from February 10 to 21, 2020.
- La forma de verifificación médica (A3) – CLICK HERE Este formulario TIENE que ser sometido junto a la Solicitud – Lista de Espera para Asistencia de Vivienda que estarán disponibles de 10 al 21 de Febrero, 2020.
- Puede recoger una solicitud en el Departamento de Vivienda y Desarrollo Comunitario de la Ciudad de Miami, en la 14 NE 1 Ave., Segundo Piso, Miami, FL 33132 o en la Biblioteca Principal del Sistema de Bibliotecas Públicas del Condado Miami-Dade, ubicada en la 101 West Flagler Street. (Available starting February 10).
- Click here to download the application (Available starting February 10).
- Aplique para la Lista de Espera para asistencia con la renta del Programa de Oportunidades de Vivienda para Personas con VIH/SIDA (HOPWA) en el Condado Miami-Dade desde el 10 de febrero hasta el 21 de febrero del 2020.
- January 23 (Key West) FREE Training: Fair Housing & Civil Rights Related Programs Requirements for Recipients of Federal Financial Assistance presented by Housing Opportunities Project for Excellence, Inc. (HOPE, Inc) with special thanks to A.H. of Monroe County, Inc. This is a half-day training for recipients and sub-recipients of federal financial assistance such as CDBG, NSP, and HOME, as well as people with programs and housing providers who do not receive federal funding. The course will guide participants through an exploration into fair housing, civil rights, and disability related federal regulations and laws. Key Topics of Training: Fair Housing Laws; HUD’s Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan requirements; Section 504 and Reasonable Accommodations for People with Disabilities; Use of Criminal Records by Housing Providers; Violence Against Women Act; Medical Marijuana; Best Practices. Registration Required – Click here for Registration For Registration Form.
- Funding Opportunities – US Department of Housing and Urban Development * HUD awards discretionary funding through over 20 Grant programs that support HUD initiatives, including Affordable Housing Development and Preservation, Community and Economic Development, Environment and Energy, Fair Housing, Homelessness, Homeownership, Rental Assistance, and Supportive Housing and Services.
- Housing and HIV: HRSA and HUD Coordinate (HIV.gov) * The HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB) is highlighting data on housing instability and homelessness among Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) clients, and the relationship of housing status to viral load suppression. These markers are key components of the public health response to HIV in the United States. HRSA HAB continues to partner with HUD’s Housing Opportunities for People with AIDS (HOPWA) program to provide technical assistance to community agencies serving these clients.
- The HOPWA Program is run through the Office of Community Development in the City of Miami *. HOPWA has three programs:
- Homeless Trust Website *
- Homeless Trust Directory of Services-A Community Resource Guide for the Homeless of Miami-Dade *
- HOMELESS HELPLINE 1-877-994-4357
- HOPE Fall 2019 Newsletter
- HOPE Summer 2019 Newsletter
- HOPE Spring 2019 Newsletter
- HOPE Winter 2018-2019 Newsletter
- HOPE Fall 2018 Newsletter
- Toolkit: Addressing HIV Care and Housing Coordination through Data Integration to Improve Health Outcomes along the HIV Care Continuum* (TargetHIV) This toolkit is designed to help organizations planning to integrate their data. It highlights critical decision points and activities that organizations interested in data integration should consider before the initiation of such a project. . .Topics covered in this toolkit: Readiness; Current service coordination deficiencies; Technical decisions; Training on use of integrated data system and service coordination; and Quality measurement.
- The HIV, Housing & Employment Project * The HIV, Housing, and Employment Project supports the design, implementation, and evaluation of innovative interventions that coordinate HIV care and treatment, housing, and employment services to improve HIV health outcomes for low-income, uninsured, and underserved people living with HIV.
- Emergency Funds – Catholic Charities – Accepting applications for emergency rent, mortgage, utilities assistance & food vouchers.
- Fondos Emergentes – Catholic Charities – Estamos aceptando aplicaciones para asistencia emergente de renta, hipoteca, utilidades & voucher de comida.
- Low Income Energy Assistance (LIHEAP) Program * Utility Assistance in Miami-Dade County.
- Affordable Housing Resources * Miami-Dade County Public Housing and Community Development – Affordable rental housing resources.
- National Call Center for Homeless Veterans Information on homeless assistance for veterans.
- Housing Central – Housing Locator * A free place to list and find affordable housing within Miami-Dade County.
- Florida Housing Locator Service * A free place to list and find affordable housing throughout the state of Florida.
Want to share Housing Resources?
Click here for details on posting to AIDSNET and the Community Newsletter.
This page includes links to Ryan White Program and non-Ryan White Program funded services. Please contact your Medical Case Manager with questions about Ryan White Program eligibility.
By clicking links marked by an asterisk (*), you acknowledge you are leaving AIDSNET.org. We are not responsible for the content on these web sites.